Monkly Business ForumsMonkly Business Forums
  Monkly Business Forums
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Monkly Business Forums > EverQuest > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Qulas
Monk CRT
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 578
Default Monk BOOSTS coming with next patch!

A lot of changes to monks were just put on the test patcher:

- Monk - Moved the right-click entries for Flinch and Intercepting Fist to Disciplines-Timer 9 to reflect their true timer.
- Monk - Moved the right-click entry for Drunken Monkey Style to Techniques-Offensive.
- Monk - Lowered the recast time of Cloud of Fists to 30 seconds. It is now on its own timer.
- Monk - Increased the damage dealt by Six-Step Pattern.
- Monk - Increased the bonuses given by Ironfist Discipline.
- Monk - Slightly increased the damage added by Fists of Steel at all ranks.
- Monk - Slightly increased the damage added by Stonefoot at all ranks

Here is the spell data changes, there was a few changes to our discs not added to the test notes, I'll post them all below:

[25916/8315] Cloud of Fists Rk. III
Classes: MNK/87
Endurance: 204
Target: Single
Range: 50
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 16
1: Summon Pet: MnkSwarmFist87Rk3 x 3 for 10s

[22527/8214] Drunken Monkey Style Rk. III
Classes: MNK/85
Endurance: 958, Upkeep: 22 per tick
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 14
Duration: 48s (8 ticks), Extend: Yes
4: Cast: [Spell 22590]
5: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 83
6: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 166
7: Increase Hand to Hand Damage Bonus by 83

[19828/8212] Vigorous Shuriken Rk. III
Classes: MNK/83
Endurance: 158
Target: Single
Range: 175
Resist: Physical -600
Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s, Timer: 14
1: Decrease Current HP by 1680

[25928/8304] Six-Step Pattern Rk. III
Classes: MNK/89
Endurance: 366
Target: Single
Range: 50
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 8
Hate: 1
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 616 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Tiger Claw Attack for 616 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
3: Tiger Claw Attack for 616 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[25925/8316] Ironfist Discipline Rk. III
Classes: MNK/88
Endurance: 553, Upkeep: 21 per tick
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 00:30:00, Timer: 3
Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Dragon Punch Damage by 260%
2: Increase Eagle Strike Damage by 260%
3: Increase Flying Kick Damage by 260%
5: Increase Round Kick Damage by 260%
6: Increase Tiger Claw Damage by 260%
10: Increase Kick Damage by 260%

~

Here is the new disc timer's for all of our disciplines with the current test patch:

0: Disciple's Aura (55), Fists of Wu (68), Master's Aura (70)

1: Stonestance (51), Whirlwind (53), Voiddance (54), Earthwalk (65), Impenetrable (72)

2: Innerflame (56), Hundred Fists (57), Crystalpalm (79)

3: Thunderkick (52), Silentfist (59), Ashenhand (60), Scaledfist (74), Ironfist (88)

4: Focused Will (10), Resistant (30), Fearless (40), Planeswalk (61), Healing Will (63), Dreamwalk (66), Moment of Calm (75), Moment of Tranquility (80), Moment of Placidity (85), Five Breaths (90)

5: Rapid Kick (70), Heel of Kanji (70), Heel of Kai (90)

6: Counterforce (68), Echo of Misdirection (73), Echo of Deception (78), Echo of Distraction (83), Echo of Confusion (88)

7: Delay Death (80), Defer Death (85), Deny Death (90)

8: Throw Stone(1), Phantom Zephyr (35), Phantom Wind (50), Phantom Echo (57), Leopard Claw (61), Phantom Call (64), Phantom Shadow (65), Ancient Phantom Chaos (65), Phantom Cry (69), Dragon Fang (69), Phantom Silhouette (71), Clawstriker’s Flurry (74), Shimmering Silhouette (76), Wheel of Fists (79), Calanin’s Synergy (81), Phantom Apparition (81), Whorl of Fists (84), Dreamwalker’s Synergy (86), Phantasmal Apparition (86), Six-Step Pattern (89)

9: Flinch (85), Intercepting Fist (90)

10: Speed Focus (63)

11: Punch Through (84), Jab Through (89), Void Body (89)

12: Second Wind (72), Third Wind (77), Fourth Wind (82), Respite (86), Fifth Wind (87)

13: Astral Projection (77), Chrono Projection (82)

14: Vigorous Shuriken (83), Drunken Monkey Style (85)

15:

16: Cloud of Fists (87)

~

Fists of Steel: adds 115, increased from 100
Stonefoot: adds 500, increased from 450 ~ Thank you Itaru!
__________________

Last edited by Qulas; 06-09-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Sumyunguyy
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143
Default

Well hopefully its enough to actually give us back the DPS we lost on last patch..........
Sumyunguyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
Sumyunguyy
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143
Default

they put CoF on its own timer which is good.......looks like our aura and FoW are on same timer by themselves which is ok too.....

VS and DM still on same timer.but thats not really bad either....because if yer using VS for pulling then your not DPS'ing.......... now all they need to do is just give VS a 250 or 300 range for it to be really worthy for use as a pulling tool:-)
Sumyunguyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
Daesean
Enlightened
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 723
Default

do you guys think there is a chance they will break whorl and synergy appart in the not too distant future?
__________________
Sensei Daesean of Crusaders Valorous
Daesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
Mris
Apostle
Master
 
Mris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daesean View Post
do you guys think there is a chance they will break whorl and synergy appart in the not too distant future?
I honestly hope not. Too much of our dps comes from there for my taste as it is. Not that I don't like DPS, I just haven't liked how we get that portion of it since its TSS. (DoN wasn't so bad, 800/1200 flat out, not a huge portion there, despite that being the actual start of the line.)



Edit - People already bitching on the EQ forums because monks got some love.

Last edited by Mris; 06-09-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Mris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #6
Kajok
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

It may get us back to where we were, but likely not, and nothing more.

The increases to stonefoot and FoF is very small and won't be really visible. Maybe 50dps.

Cloud of fists being put on it's own timer... it's still been castrated form what it was. Basically, with a halved recast this gives us 620 dps.

No one will use 6 step still, 0dps.

Scaled will be the biggest upgrade, but it's not a sustaiend dps; nor is it a burn disc. It will effect our bp, but one has to use the technique. I rate this 500dps being generous and provided we get lucky with the random number generator. Most likely it will add somethign like 100, and 250 if the entire duration is used. Keep in mind this is only about a 8% increase.

That is a gand total of an estimated 1170dps at best.

Keeping in mind that IS raiding standards, where the old cloud did 4-6k dps.

It's a step in the right direction, but not even close to a 100% refund. Honestly though, we couldn't have expected a full reimbursement. That would be a tad pressumptious.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome this addition, but it won't be what some of you (myself included) want it to be.
__________________
Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Kajok is still a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

Last edited by Kajok; 06-09-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Kajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
Shukkex
Enlightened
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 528
Default

yah... boosting six step is pretty pointless imo. 'slight' boost to stonefoot... should have been doubled since its introduction, but ok. the excitement seemed like monks were actually getting some good increases... back qulas ;p

but i guess i'll just join the 'atleast its something' crowd and ice my butthole.
__________________
Shukke
/retired after 569 days /played.
Shukkex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Can you please post the rk1 and rk2 changes?

BTW, I still don't think its negative to boost six-step. Not all monks are max aa and raid or have other monks. Some people only solo or have a single monk in group.

Synergy is not perfect for all situations, some of you forget that.

Coming back to the game myself, I was doing a lot more dps with six-step compared to synergy unless another monk was around.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
Ughbash
Ascendant
Ashenhand
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
Can you please post the rk1 and rk2 changes?

BTW, I still don't think its negative to boost six-step. Not all monks are max aa and raid or have other monks. Some people only solo or have a single monk in group.

Synergy is not perfect for all situations, some of you forget that.

Coming back to the game myself, I was doing a lot more dps with six-step compared to synergy unless another monk was around.
Sure if you have low AA and no other monk 6 step is where it is at....

But if you had low AA then you probably did not have the endurance/end regen to spam cloud of fists with drunken monkie so you didn't reall get nerfed as much either.

For those most effected by the nerf.... 6 step does nothing.
__________________
Going for AC before AC was cool.
Ughbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Sure if you have low AA and no other monk 6 step is where it is at....

But if you had low AA then you probably did not have the endurance/end regen to spam cloud of fists with drunken monkie so you didn't reall get nerfed as much either.

For those most effected by the nerf.... 6 step does nothing.
Why does the boost to six-step have to be in response to the changes last patch to DMS? From quotes placed on this forum, Eli and Aristo said monks were falling behind. What is wrong with them boosting non-endgame monks?

I think you are completely wrong about the endurance bit. Any non-raiding monk can get a very large endurance pool from group HoT items and if they don't have all AA's this is a great boost to non-raiders.

If you have a look at my Malgeo below, ALL my gear is groupable. I have no raid gear and I have over 40k endurance and I do just fine spamming cloud, DMS, and all other discs.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
Qulas
Monk CRT
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 578
Default

[25923/8316] Ironfist Discipline
Classes: MNK/88
Endurance: 517, Upkeep: 21 per tick
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 00:30:00, Timer: 3
Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Dragon Punch Damage by 215%
2: Increase Eagle Strike Damage by 215%
3: Increase Flying Kick Damage by 215%
5: Increase Round Kick Damage by 215%
6: Increase Tiger Claw Damage by 215%
10: Increase Kick Damage by 215%
25923

[25924/8316] Ironfist Discipline Rk. II
Classes: MNK/88
Endurance: 536, Upkeep: 21 per tick
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 00:30:00, Timer: 3
Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Dragon Punch Damage by 235%
2: Increase Eagle Strike Damage by 235%
3: Increase Flying Kick Damage by 235%
5: Increase Round Kick Damage by 235%
6: Increase Tiger Claw Damage by 235%
10: Increase Kick Damage by 235%

[25926/8304] Six-Step Pattern
Classes: MNK/89
Endurance: 334
Target: Single
Range: 50
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 8
Hate: 1
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 556 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Tiger Claw Attack for 556 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
3: Tiger Claw Attack for 556 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
25926

[25927/8304] Six-Step Pattern Rk. II
Classes: MNK/89
Endurance: 351
Target: Single
Range: 50
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 8
Hate: 1
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 583 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
2: Tiger Claw Attack for 583 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
3: Tiger Claw Attack for 583 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
__________________
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Gorkeyah
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,727
Default

What was 6step at before? 616 instead of? I'd rather they not blur the choice between dreamwalkers and six step. As it is, some of the monks I group/raid with are lazy and don't use dreamwalkers (I have a trigger to see when it goes off and I only see my use).

Also, what was ironfist at before? 260 now, was? Sorry I can't look any of this up from work. heh If it's upgraded I guess I'll have to look for new high hit records. My best is a bit over 76k now.

edit: never mind... from other thread: Ironfist was increased (rk1/rk2/rk3) from 195/215/240 to 215/235/260

Last edited by Gorkeyah; 06-09-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Gorkeyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
Gorkeyah
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
I have no raid gear and I have over 40k endurance and I do just fine spamming cloud, DMS, and all other discs.
With respite, there's really not an endurance issue as long as you can get out of combat often enough.

It fits with their design goals to make sixstep superior to dreamwalkers when there's only one monk, but I'd still rather there were just one thing to use that was best all the time. "Hmmm... I think I'll use six step until I see another monk land dreamwalkers..." heh
Gorkeyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkeyah View Post
What was 6step at before? 616 instead of? I'd rather they not blur the choice between dreamwalkers and six step. As it is, some of the monks I group/raid with are lazy and don't use dreamwalkers (I have a trigger to see when it goes off and I only see my use).

Also, what was ironfist at before? 260 now, was? Sorry I can't look any of this up from work. heh If it's upgraded I guess I'll have to look for new high hit records. My best is a bit over 76k now.

edit: never mind... from other thread: Ironfist was increased (rk1/rk2/rk3) from 195/215/240 to 215/235/260
six step rk3 was 573, it will now be 616.

Qulas didnt post rk1 and rk2, but they are currently 517 and 542 respectively on live.

Just as a comparison, dreamwalkers rk3 is 443. Rk1 and rk2 are 381 and 407 on live

There is no doubt, this is a great upgrade for non-uber monks who don't have time to max out 2000+ aa's like some people. It makes monks more desirable for DPS outside of raids or for solo'ing.

I still use sixstep when solo'ing even tho I have some but not all of stunning kick aa's. Its more powerful and has a quicker re-use with the aug from ferrott.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
Qulas
Monk CRT
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
Can you please post the rk1 and rk2 changes?

BTW, I still don't think its negative to boost six-step. Not all monks are max aa and raid or have other monks. Some people only solo or have a single monk in group.

Synergy is not perfect for all situations, some of you forget that.

Coming back to the game myself, I was doing a lot more dps with six-step compared to synergy unless another monk was around.
The only change that should be made to Six-Step is to allow it to be used by all monks, meaning change it off of the timer 8 ( or change dreamwalkers off of 8 either works )

Continually upgrading a disc which 90% of monks shouldn't, and/or don't use anyways is pointless.
__________________
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qulas View Post
The only change that should be made to Six-Step is to allow it to be used by all monks, meaning change it off of the timer 8 ( or change dreamwalkers off of 8 either works )

Continually upgrading a disc which 90% of monks shouldn't, and/or don't use anyways is pointless.
I find it hard to believe that 90% of monks are max aa to take advantage of dreamwalkers+stunning kick, or group or raid frequently with multiple monks.

Synergy line was designed for raider dps so multiple monks could boost each other with the buff, and over the years since I left when it was implemented it no longer suits that purpose. It boosts raiders, but it also boosts max aa monks in solo/groups.

Sure its wack but, when it comes down to it, if you have a grouping monk who is not uber endgame raiding or max aa this is a boost to their dps, Six-step is better for them, and after the patch it will boost them even more.

You're just angry you're not getting raid dps boost.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Qulas
Monk CRT
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
I find it hard to believe that 90% of monks are max aa to take advantage of dreamwalkers+stunning kick, or group or raid frequently with multiple monks.

Synergy line was designed for raider dps so multiple monks could boost each other with the buff, and over the years since I left when it was implemented it no longer suits that purpose. It boosts raiders, but it also boosts max aa monks in solo/groups.

Sure its wack but, when it comes down to it, if you have a grouping monk who is not uber endgame raiding or max aa this is a boost to their dps, Six-step is better for them, and after the patch it will boost them even more.

You're just angry you're not getting raid dps boost.
New discs should be designed to be used by everyone, regardless if they raid ,group, or have 12 aa, or 12000 aa. Six-Step is an inferior ability to Dreamwalker's. If you have a cleave item, or any sort of flying kick mods (Stonefoot for example adds 100 damage per rank to each dreamwalker hit), Dreamwalker's is better, even while solo, even for the new to the game monk.

If we start talking about Stunning Kick, and Flying kick extra damage it blows Six-Step out of the water. But just by themselves, Dreamwalkers is more damage.
__________________
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

I'm speaking from experience here Qulas. You have all your kick aa maxed. Your opinion is based on that, not facts.

I've been using six step since I got back and I do more dps solo or group with it over dreamwalkers.

I know it's hard to imagine how dps is without all your aa but I play everyday without them and six is better.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
silenzhandz
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,293
Default

Let me guess, nowhere near what we lost, monks won't complain as much because we got *something*, we end up worse off again thanks to the devs.
__________________
Silent Hands
silenzhandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #20
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Qulas, can you confirm if the proc rate for the fist of fury proc or HH effect was changed at all? I know it wasnt mentioned.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #21
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Dev mentioned on eqlive, the next patch is scheduled for June 15th, in case anyone was curious.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #22
Gorkeyah
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
I'm speaking from experience here Qulas. You have all your kick aa maxed. Your opinion is based on that, not facts.

I've been using six step since I got back and I do more dps solo or group with it over dreamwalkers.

I know it's hard to imagine how dps is without all your aa but I play everyday without them and six is better.
Has anyone ever really parsed it? Some lucky streaks with 6step could make it look good, and just assuming all the FK mods add up to dreamwalkers goodness might be a mistake also.
Gorkeyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
Qulas
Monk CRT
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkeyah View Post
Has anyone ever really parsed it? Some lucky streaks with 6step could make it look good, and just assuming all the FK mods add up to dreamwalkers goodness might be a mistake also.
We parsed it during beta, and Dreamwalkers won, however we never thought to look at the dynamic of someone with basically no aa's at all.

I am going to /resetaa and parse the two discs sometime soon once I have a chance.
__________________
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
Kajok
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenzhandz View Post
Let me guess, nowhere near what we lost, monks won't complain as much because we got *something*, we end up worse off again thanks to the devs.
Did you read my post? ;p

We'll be getting back something around a fourth of what we lost from the nerf.

The changes going into effect are miniscule. Ironfist is having its mods upgraded by roughly 8%, and the other "enhancements" are so small that they will barely make waves.

All you have to look at is the change to cloud of fists. Prior to the nerf it was doing 2-3k with no enhancements, and even with this change it will only be doing around 620dps.

So in the end we recieve somewhere b/w 1/5 and 1/3 of what we lost.
__________________
Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Kajok is still a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.
Kajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #25
Famka
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 137
Default

at least rangers got nerfed!
Famka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
Shukkex
Enlightened
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 528
Default

you use 6 step for a month or less after getting lvl 90. dreamwalker (synergy line)... will go on and on til its replaced by something better.
__________________
Shukke
/retired after 569 days /played.
Shukkex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #27
thunderfoot
Apostle
Master
 
thunderfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 283
Default

After looking over these...it is unfortunate that they did not take a look at our Burst DPS. Instead they modified our sustained DPS by adding additional damage to Fists of Steel and Stonefoot and lowered reuse of Cloud to 30 secs but the change to DMS affected our Burst DPS much more than our Sustained. I mean Ironfist saw a small upgrade...REALLY???

These changes will not be meaningful improvements to our Burst DPS and I am still not understanding why VS is still stuck on the DMS timer. Should have moved VS to the 13 Projection timer so that it could be used while DMS is cooling down.
__________________
Thunderfoot Everbero
My Stuff

Elidroth has gained 1 point of being less of a dick towards players.
thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #28
Famka
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 137
Default

drunken monkey still nerfed with lame recast timer
Famka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #29
Kajok
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

What's the problem with DMS recast timer?

30s time, 50s buff. Pop DMS before SF that lasts 42s, SF fades DMS ready to be popped again for CP.

Like a boss~
__________________
Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Kajok is still a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.
Kajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #30
Ughbash
Ascendant
Ashenhand
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot View Post
After looking over these...it is unfortunate that they did not take a look at our Burst DPS. Instead they modified our sustained DPS by adding additional damage to Fists of Steel and Stonefoot and lowered reuse of Cloud to 30 secs but the change to DMS affected our Burst DPS much more than our Sustained. I mean Ironfist saw a small upgrade...REALLY???

These changes will not be meaningful improvements to our Burst DPS and I am still not understanding why VS is still stuck on the DMS timer. Should have moved VS to the 13 Projection timer so that it could be used while DMS is cooling down.
Honestly despite the fact I raid, I am more concerned with our sustained dps rather than our burst.
__________________
Going for AC before AC was cool.
Ughbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #31
Famka
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 137
Default

the problem is what if u you us drunken monkey then 20 seconds later you get shaman epic click and you want to pop your ironfist. Your forced to waste shaman epic time or waste time without DMS buff on its stupid. Should just bring it back to where we can recast it whenever we want. I used to be able to refresh it before every disc can't do that anymore. It would take the coordination of a group of telepaths to get the most use out of it the way it is now
Famka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
Kajok
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

Get better shamans? ;p
__________________
Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Kajok is still a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.
Kajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #33
Soygen
Ascendant
Ashenhand
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,774
Default

Can I still duck and walk around? They didn't nerf that shit did they!?
__________________
I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.
Soygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #34
Famka
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 137
Default

your obviously ignorant to what i am saying kajok as usual.
Famka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #35
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famka View Post
the problem is what if u you us drunken monkey then 20 seconds later you get shaman epic click and you want to pop your ironfist. Your forced to waste shaman epic time or waste time without DMS buff on its stupid. Should just bring it back to where we can recast it whenever we want. I used to be able to refresh it before every disc can't do that anymore. It would take the coordination of a group of telepaths to get the most use out of it the way it is now
create an audio trigger for shaman epic click, wait for it before discing, problem solved.
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #36
Kajok
Ascendant
Stone Fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

Either your shamans are timing their epic badly, or you are timing your disciplines like an idiot.

I was willing to give you the benfit of the doubt. How's Firestormers doin btw?
__________________
Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
Kajok is still a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

Last edited by Kajok; 06-13-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Kajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #37
Nedrom
Iksar Admin
OMFG I Post Too Much
 
Nedrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajok View Post
How's Firestormers doin btw?
Oh Firestormers, I was there once
__________________
Nedrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #38
Vothsisx
Apostle
Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 274
Default

Can't we all just get along?
__________________
Vothsisx
Vothsisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #39
Famka
Monk
Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 137
Default

time what? that is what im trying to say. Before you could keep DMS up all the time without any worry now you have to be selective of it's use until you use all your disciplines.

Funny thing a guy bashing my guild same guy who hopped his way to where he is. Atleast i am loyal and i was here when they sucked and am still here. GG
Famka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #40
Shukkex
Enlightened
Grandmaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
Can I still duck and walk around? They didn't nerf that shit did they!?
they boosted it by giving monks the ability to spin in a circle on the ground while fd... its pretty badass. give it a try sometime!
__________________
Shukke
/retired after 569 days /played.
Shukkex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.