Thread: Lemme guess - no monk fix in Dec 4 patch

Default Lemme guess - no monk fix in Dec 4 patch

Pessimism meets realism- I expect no (positive) monk fix in the next patch. What can we expect? Improvements to other melee (maybe rogues tanking ability isn't better than us by a large enough amount- it prolly needs to be as much better as their dps compared to us) and/or caster soloing I'm sure, as well as the latest round of PoP bug fixes.

Prove me wrong, VI, prove me wrong.

Sagal

Grandmaster

Keepers of the Circle

Ayonae Ro

</p>

Apostle Master

Default Re: Lemme guess - no monk fix in Dec 4 patch

I am of the opinion that VI is never going to change the monk class. They made the change and they are going to leave it in place without any modifications.

Changing it now or later will only make them look worse than they already do.

Kurrlee

Shackle Of Tynnonium</p>
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

if they have any class at all they will put a fix in for the monk nerf. They broke us, they admit it now fix us. I almost feel like they will do it. Then I realise that the monk nerf fixerooo was most likely delayed do to a animation fix for see invis being casted on you.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub35.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=xia olone>Xiaolone</A>* at: 12/3/02 1:05:40 pm

Default doh

I think VI has enuff on their plate ATM and wont fix thr Monk class for some time. I pray that I am wrong.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub35.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jac lynnn>Jaclynnn</A> at: 12/3/02 1:11:48 pm

Default Re: doh

They nerf our defense..boost everyone elses..and give other classes sweet aaxp and spells giving us jack in the new expansion to look forward to except a brief visit to 61 to buy Wu's.

Bastards!

Surely pure melees should have the best melee based AAXP !?!?

Why the hell are all the hybrid aaxp about making their melee as good as ours.. look at knight classes.. they buy triple attack and bash with 2 handed weapons, both warrior things up to then. Where is the warrior AAXP that lets them snare or stun or heal!?

Hybrid+aaxp = pure melee with spells...

Its a sodding JOKE!!

In the wilds of Antonica, the forest Tanuki were renowned for their sneaky ways.

Kawai Tanuki
    Celestial Grandmaster of Excelsior

<center>

<marquee direction='left'>
    Congratulation!!...AD 2111: All Bases of Cats were destroyed. It seems to be peaceful. But it is incorrect. Cats is still alive. ZIG-01 must fight against Cats again
    and down with them completely . Good luck!!
    </marquee>

</p>

Default My guess is that Sony ..

.. has zero intention of fixing monks. They've not mentioned any dates nor have they mentioned any specifics at all about what they would do. All they said was, "We'll look into it." That's an obvious vague appeasement statement that pretty much ammounts to "be quiet, we're not going to do a damn thing." I'd love to be proven wrong, but to judge the future to be like the past, it will be at least a year before monks are changed in any way again.

</p>

Default The monk image.

Patch Notes:

* We realised that some monks still tank too well. As such we've reduced monk mitigation further. This may have some effects on monks other than the one guy who stole our spider in vhelk's but that's too bad for them. We might try to balance out the nerf if the student we hired ever manages to sort out the EQ combat code.

</p>

Default Re: My guess is that Sony ..

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>they buy triple attack and bash with 2 handed weapons<hr></blockquote>

And Monks get Quadruple attack, whats your point?

Madrone ~ Dorfen Crusader

Winter's Light ~ Drinal</p>

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

All I know is if they don't fix us in this next patch I am done with EQ consider my accounts canceled.

</p>

Default Re: My guess is that Sony ..

The first weeks of the nerf i was geting hit max all the time...

Now I dont get hit for max much at all, almost feel like they unnerfed us a bit already. Anyone else noticed this?

[b]<A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=476456">Sensei Tatyana

</p>

Default You probably just ..

.. upgraded your gear or changed your hunting grounds. You won't notice it much if you stick to things for which you're soft-capped for AC. While 1250'ish seemed to be enough to soft-cap pretty much everything in the past, it's very dependent on your level, mob level, and mob atk. You can soft-cap some things with very little AC -- which is why it's called a "soft" cap.

</p>

Default Lemme guess- no monk fix in Dec 4 Patch

You know the only fix there gonna do is to nerf us again, they know our defence is so broken that we get killed now, so they need to lower our offence to the point where we don't get the mobs attention, so in there thinking, that will fix our problem. Heck they may even Hit us with the nerf bat again, There not gonna fix us till that A**Hole Furor, says we are now broken and need a bit of fixing, but he thinks that monks still out melee his wizzies in his guild so they need to be nerfed to the point that they cant out melee wizzies. Maybe even nerf mend, where it fails 7 out of 10 times you use it, and i bet FD is working to good, so it needs it failure rate increased to like 18 out of 20 times is a failure. getting Bashed needs to be increase, cause there is times when monks don't get stunned everytime a mob hits them now. SOE-101, Screw monks again on the 4th cause we can. /bird to SOE

Knukles o'fury

</p>

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Re: Lemme guess- no monk fix in Dec 4 Patch

A) If the do anything, it will be to change Technique of Master Wu's (broken or not). We will see no improvement. If they do nerf us, expect /stealthmode on, because of the uproar over the defense nerf.

That is just the way SoE works. Like a military drill instructor. Break the class down, until it is a pitiful shadow of its former self, then build it back up again.

B) In Furor's guild, where every monk has Caen's or better, he is probably right. The damage on that thing is sick. So is the DPS on GMU + Fang combo. For the other 99.9% of the monks out there though, he's dead wrong.

</p>

My point is that with a few aaxp you can buy virtually anything pure melee have. Pure melee cannot buy any of the hybrid abilites but hybrids can be pure melee with spells.

I have had the "quadruple" attack aaxp for 2 weeks now, I have not seen ONE quad in that time.

Monks cannot buy their way out of our nerfed defence, you can buy yourself a wariror with spells.. understand?

Ive seen a level 60 paladin on his 2nd aaxp title tanking 2crystalline watchers,1 devourer, 1 blizzard spider and a hunter at the same time wearing equipment that cost a third of mine..all unslowed.. that is just overpowered .

In the wilds of Antonica, the forest Tanuki were renowned for their sneaky ways.

Kawai Tanuki
    Celestial Grandmaster of Excelsior

<center>

<marquee direction='left'>
    Congratulation!!...AD 2111: All Bases of Cats were destroyed. It seems to be peaceful. But it is incorrect. Cats is still alive. ZIG-01 must fight against Cats again
    and down with them completely . Good luck!!
    </marquee>

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub35.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kaw aitanuki>Kawai Tanuki</A> at: 12/4/02 2:16:06 am

<sarcasm>

Holy cow, I was right- no fix in this patch! I am so surprised!

</sarcasm>

Funny how my shaman is my main and my monk is just there to help PL him now, what a joke this game has become. I thought it was bad before, but while PLing my shaman I saw monks getting rejected from freakin' OT groups- OT! Yes, chanters can tank in that pitiful zone but monks are unwanted, at least on A Ro. Insane. Why am I still paying for this again?

Regards,

Sagal

Grandmaster

Keepers of the Circle

Ayonae Ro

</p>

Aye, no fix this patch...at least one they'll admit to. Hopefully something will happen soon.

Raizo - 61 Grandmaster

</p>

and post nerf I was tanking 10 spiders at once, /disc whirl to get aggro and 4 CH's later they were all dead.

Velks is *not* a reasonable comparison for nerfed monks vs. plate classes, it's simply a fact that plate classes can get over that magic 1200 number a little bit cheaper than monks can. That has never changed, you just didn't notice it before.

If you want to bitch about monk defense, pick a slightly more challenging scenario. I can still tank in Ssrae, my gear isn't insane...POP is where the nerf hits home for the people who used to slaughter velks one train at a time.

Sensei Reyn</p>

Thank you for your insight, Mr. Level 65, 77 aa, 41/31 weapon, 6400 HP monk, but you are not one of the 95% that SoE over-nerfed; and that fact that YOU can still tank effectively in Ssra, doesn't mean the rest of us can do the same in Velks.

</p>

/agree Xiaosan

Leodoro Ramone

Grandmaster of the Celestial Fists

Terris-Thule
    </p>

Damn you peeps are negative. His gear is not that great. Over 90% of it is tradeable. The rest is easy enough to get at 65, with an exception of possibly the staff. He has simply done a good job of farming low-tier stuff for HP. Not like he is wearing VexThal loot or something.

</p>

Thread Information