Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quest Guide: Worker Sledgemallet

Rigeld

Default Re: essence of troll

You need amiable to do the quest, and someone else's charmed pet is only indiff to you.

The reason a Quellious monk is seeing no change with an illusion potion is illusions dont mask your god, only your race. Iksars worship Cazic, and the OT people like Cazic. They like agnostic people (less though). They HATE Quellious.

I need to do this quest.... I guess its something to do this holiday.

</p>

Ramson Storm

Default Captain Rottgrime

So no one has tried to turn in braids to Captain Rottgrime while he was charmed? In order to improve Outpost faction for those who are KoS and not able to sneak?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub147.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ram sonstorm>Ramson Storm</A> at: 1/10/04 4:10 pm

Pokiri

Default Re: Quest Guide: Worker Sledgemallet

One thing to do to make sure that you don't waste puppet string charges is take a shaman/bard/ench with you and make them debuff the guy before you charm. Works a lot better that way.

Pokiri

65 Transparent

I'm lookin' through you... where did you go?

Twisted Fates, We suck less™</p>

Jaeeq

Rar! One year (almost) later and my guide still exists!

Grats to all that have their gate hammers! I still love mine and use it almost daily.

</p>

Skewert

I've been working on this for a little while with my Rogue. Just wanted to say that I discovered a little bit easier way to farm the braids. I had done this with my SK, and was much easier as an Ogre/SK with base VS faction (apprehensive). With him I just ran around and killed any berserkers I could find. With my Rogue, this process was going to take forever.... since often I ran around for a while not seeing any berserkers.

On to my discovery.... If zoning in from the Frontier Mountains zone, you'll reach "The Ledge" where a lot of groups setup for exp. Let's say you're facing North when you zone in from FM, and are standing at "The Ledge" looking out into the zone. If you head NE for a little ways, you'll come across a 3 building spot where Sarnaks spawn. There are 9 spawns there, and each on a 6 minute timer. I found this to be a very easy spot to farm berserkers. They don't always spawn, but you'll usually get a few each round. Sometimes they even double spawn and you'll have 2 zerkers on one spawn (looks like a fortunate bug). Anyway, this makes finding them a LOT easier than running all over this huge zone searching for them without tracking.

Hope this is helpful to some other people trying to get faction the conventional way via the braids =)

</p>

Elleve

I have puppet strings left on my char. If you are looking for an easy way to make the sledgemallet on Stromm server send me a tell on my monk Teraz or my druid Ablivis.

Brother Teraz Kazi

Transcendent of Final Door</p>

core1024

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>i was under the impression they nerfed illusions and they no longer give faction adjustments. Chanter mentioned something about it last night, so take it with a grain of salt.<hr></blockquote>

This is for non-player race illusions; PC illusions will adjust your faction appropriately. If you are illusioned to a non player race then your faction remains as it would be w/o any illusion at all.

The change was made, as I understand it, because sony kept screwing up and whenever a new illusion was put in the game it would make you indiff all over the place.

The "fix" means that you can no longer use illusions to get (for example) non-kos to brownies to buy enchanter spells, but it means you can use illusions in your home town without being mangled by guards.

Core

</p>

Alanir

With as bad as possible for a start :

max Kos from previous xping

wood elf ranger / Tunare

i killed 20ish spawned fayd

turned 500 ish braid sneaking on the side.

and i was still KoS

a few hours of killing in new VP -> duby

one DE pot -> woot worker mallet

Draug

</p>

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default bypass faction work

Another alternate route is the use of shrouds. In the selection of abherrations is evil eye psion. A shroud with charm abilities. I spent a few hours unlocking it.

Once that is done invis up, run over and charm him. Definitely worth the time since I use that hammer so much.

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Absolutely correct, EE shroud is the way to go. I was Max KOS with the Outpost (hunting in Charasis and killing the outpost mobs will do that) but with the EE shroud, I got my Sledgemallet in about 3 hours tops.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

i believe i read somewhere that you need to use the level 70 evil eye shroud to charm the foreman. its the 2nd one in the aberations set. the 1st one is a wizzy.

to unlock the evil eye i shroud to level 5 and run out to everfrost. a damage shield and or a mana regen buff speed things along nicely. the respawns are fast being a newbie area so there is usually no waiting for mobs. it doesnt matter what level you shroud to to unlock the next shroud in the catagory. higher level shrouds kill higher level content faster or slower depending on what zone you choose to xp in. including run time to a higher level zone and respawn time i find it much faster to just grab a level 5 and go to everfrost.

unless you have a reason to get it before 70 dont bother with the faction or spending loads of plat on a charm click. this route is free and takes under 2 hrs of your time from start to finish. also the evil eye has invis, mez, blur, root, and tash if you run into any problems. i will check when i get home if the foreman can be charmed at a lower level shroud. all of my alts have waited till 70 but it would be nice to know if i could get it earlier.

Ascendant Transcendent

I used the Puppet Strings - worked nicely.

Monk Disciple

I used puppet strings with my warrior and it was horrible, I kept getting resists, then charm drops, until I tashed first, then it was ok. I took my monk to Veeshan's Peak and just killed for a little bit until faction was maxed, it seemed pretty fast.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

I destroyed Veeshan's peek one day for an hour or so clearing out half of it and had enough faction to do without charming.

Ascendant Transcendent

Quote Originally Posted by Celephane View Post
    I used puppet strings with my warrior and it was horrible, I kept getting resists, then charm drops, until I tashed first, then it was ok. I took my monk to Veeshan's Peak and just killed for a little bit until faction was maxed, it seemed pretty fast.
    I cheated. I brought my enchanter along to Tash/Mez

Thread Information