Thread: The LFG syndrome

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default The LFG syndrome

The problem is not just a monk issue. It is a fundamental issue for all. I believe the problem started with the patch a couple months ago that lowered solo exp. and raised high level group exp. This caused alot more grouping 55 and above, however, high level encounters require rigid class specs to function properly. This forced grouping is why we all sit around LFG night after night. I am sick and tired of LFG for an hour only to finally get a group that breaks up 15min later cause the cleric has to log or the slower has to go on a raid.

This game has lost the "fun feeling" it used to have. The EQtanic is sinking. The only question left is, whether or not you want to go down with the ship?

</p>

Default Re: The LFG syndrome

No I quit.

Its the only thing they understand and unless more people follow me down the same road expect no changes.

Its all about money at the end of the day and whilst people continue to pay money to talk to their friends Sony will continue to take it and make the game according to what they want and not according to what we want.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)</p>

the answer is friends, solves the problem of long hours of lfg

Sensei Sejin Saotome
    Grandmaster
    </p>

No it doesn't.

That would imply two things, that either one you had no friends if you were looking for a group, or that people you know that are looking for a group are not your friends.

Both of which is complete bull.

Your sitting in a group it took you an hour to get, a friend logs on and says looking for group...

Well does it mean your not his friend because you don't leave your group and go stand with them LFG?

The game is different, before you could just pretty much hook up with anyone and go do something and get XP and have fun doing it.

But now your so reliant on specific classes that its just not easy to do XP in a worthwhile fashion without those classes.

Yeah sure its fine if your friend logs on and happens to be dual boxing a shaman and a cleric, then you can leave your group and go join em, but otherwise your friend is just going to ask why you left a group to stand with them LFG and bonk you on the head if you do.

LFG is a part of the game now and its winding everyone up, cause its frustrating.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)</p>

It could also imply you dont have enough or your friends dont have similar play times or many of things. However you didnt mention those possablities did you?

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>"The game is different, before you could just pretty much hook up with anyone and go do something and get XP and have fun doing it"<hr></blockquote>

Complete bull, seemed a while ago that ppl were complaining that you always needed a chanter, cleric and tank for a group (kunark). Ppl are just falling back into that phase again. Was never true its just the preception that is popularly being held which brings me to this other quote

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>"But now your so reliant on specific classes that its just not easy to do XP in a worthwhile fashion without those classes"<hr></blockquote>

Again complete bull as well, a group of my guildmates were killing PoS giants. Chanter, Mage, 2 rangers and a druid. Not a typical group but they were getting great exp and a fun time. I was recently in a group with a druid and pally killing the outer cave in PoV, kept it clear and great exp too. I bet many of the best times in the game are when you do crazy things, things against the odds or against the norm rather then regular "xping

Ppl that are usually lfg the longest are the ppl that want the perfect group, which doesn't

Edit owned by ezcodes :0

Sensei Sejin Saotome
    Grandmaster
    </p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub35.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sej ineq>SejinEQ</A> at: 12/3/02 12:44:42 am

Ascendant Stone Fist

If you've got a regular group of people who log on at the same time, every day, and always play together.

Well you've got no problem.

Indeed many nerfs will completely by-pass someone like that.

If you aren't in that situation (and most people aren't - even in large guilds), then you do have a problem.

Probably PooP has increased the LFG problems, but the monk mitigation nerf has put monks into the same LFG problems as warriors had on release and rangers had post Kunark. :/

Edit: and someone who liked to play the game, but mainly had to solo due to time constaints is totally and utterly screwed. Both in so far as soloing was nerfed and in the extra time needed to find a group.

This may now make a monk totally unplayable for that style of play, which would have been FINE if a monk had never been viable in that role, but they <span style="text-decoration:underline">were</span> and then were nerfed out of it.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub35.ezboard.com/bmonklybusiness43508.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fop oodzo@monklybusiness43508>Fopoodzo</A> at: 12/3/02 7:10:30 am

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

All I know is that before PoP, I had a lot of fun grouping with a rogue friend. I dual-boxed my monk and shaman, and we would do whatever. Sometimes we picked up extras. Sometimes we didn't.

Cannot do that now. Old world, yes. Planes of Power, no.

Stuff hits too hard for my monk to tank effectively. Mind you it can be done, but is so ineffecient it is not worth the time or headache of dual-boxing.

Who knows. Maybe with better gear and spells I will be able to return to my old playing habbits. Kind of frustrating in the meantime though, while I am constantly LFG.

Just another time sink. Evercrack continues.

</p>

I know of a level 56 monk with SoD and primal that has a hard time finding a group. He's now 5 levels behind everyone else in the guild.

It's not me btw.

2-boxing is the devil P)

</p>

I dont have SoD's but I do have decent equipment. Post nerf the only groups I have gotten into are friend or guild groups. I spend hour after hour LFG to no avail. Three times, while LFG, I have been inspected by someone broadcasting looking for more but I never got an invite.

I have plenty of friends but there are problems with hooking up with friends to group. Some of them have leveled to 65 and do not hunt where I can go and do not get much experience where I can go. Others are already grouped by the time I log on. And the rest are LFG just like I am but none of us are the "needed" classes to enable me to group with them.

Post nerf, a monk absolutely needs to be grouped with a taunting tank or a slower and multiple healers, preferably a cleric and a shaman. I'm not saying you can't kill anything without these, I'm just saying that it's not worthwhile. For example, I grouped with a couple beastlords, a shadow knight and a wizard the other day in velks. All low to mid 50's. We killed many mobs, but after two hours, my experience bar didn't even move one percent. We didn't even see any loot worth picking up other than silk and velium.

Of course the only other option was to sit at the zone and wait or move to another zone and wait. We would have been able to kill in mid 50's dungeons in the old world or kunark as well but most likeley wouldn't have seen any better exp or even loot. There is no way our group could have killed hardly anything in PoP. We didn't have the healing or slowing ability needed. Oddball groups (no tank and/or healer) can be put together that can do very well, but most of those are caster groups who can already solo.

The worst part of all of this is that I feel like the only times I get groups is when my friends feel sorry for me. I know I don't bring enough to the group for them to want me for that, other than possibly when they need something split pulled. I don't get invited to the trials any more because they need max DPS and rogues and casters fill that roll much better. Sadly, in most places I can pull better with any of my alts now. I just don't tell anyone that because I like playing my monk.

Clawr 55th Monk

Magelo profile "http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=364988

Bomar 54th Druid

Clan of Unity

Karana Server

</p>

Thread Information