Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monk Epic 2.0 Walkthrough

Enlightened Grandmaster

Default Re: Monk Epic 2.0 Walkthrough

He's in the tower in PoK that you run up to get to the OoW PoD/porter (same tower as the guild tribute NPC). As you enter the door, he's there to your left.

/loc is 25, 70, -124.

</p>

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default Re: ancient nobleman

Does Kaiaren pop a chest?

</p>

Enlightened Grandmaster

Default Re: Monk Epic 2.0 Walkthrough

Yes, he does. Was ~200 HP item.

</p>

Default kaiaren spawn timer

Anyone happen to know the respawn on kaiaren for final fight for 2.0 in oot?

The disciples are on a 6 min respawn timer but would like to know what his spawn rate is.

Thanks in advance

</p>

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Addin another bit of info on disciples. Was able to duo them with my lvl 70 druid. I'm qvic geared with max defense aas and druid has around 8k mana/max ft with aas. Did it without slow or spell haste on and only had 10k hp (no clr buff). Druid was out of mana on DoT so that was close but the DoF was almost too easy, finished with druild almost 40% mana.

Turn in Epic 1.5 and Globe of Discordant Energy

You say, 'Hail, Vortix'

Vortix says 'It is good to see you _______, but I have no new information to share with you. If you have anything to show me, please do.'

Vortix says 'By handing me this I already know of the events that have taken place this day. You must not be upset. Everything has balanced itself again. The Order has been restored and we must continue to train in the ways of the Enlightened. Take the globe back, and with the it and your Fistwraps of Celestial Discipline, please find Sebast Muckle in Plane of Knowledge and hand them to him. He is a great sage and will be able to know what to do with them to reward you properly.'

Vortix says 'I have no need for this item _______, you can have it back.'

To confirm, you hand in both 1.5 and globe to vortix when you have flag for killing kairen, correct?
    I did this and when I got to Muckle, he took my 1.5 and Globe and handed them back with no response. I petitioned and the GM replied with look at your journal carefully to see what you missed. Also said something about missing a combine in the last stages of the quest.

Do you need to be alive when Kairien in OoT dies for an invisible flag? If that is the case, I have to kill him again.

whats the trivial rate on the baking combines?

thanks

Ascendant Stone Fist

Less than 190, more than 136, can anyone else narrow it down more?

Default Trivial for baking less than 186 ... DOT and DoF fights

Did fish rolls to 135ish baking years ago.

Did patty melts to 186. Bought non-stick skillet(20pp) and baking +5% gerlock(500pp) in bazaar, 20 stacks of cheese in Jagged Pines and headed to Abysmal Sea to buy bear meat and loafs of bread. Bout 30 mins later when I ran outta cheese was 186 skill level in baking. Cost was minimal, guessing maybe 100pp total plus the gerlock.

Both Disciple of Focus and Disciple of Tranquility were easy. Two boxed them with lightly gear Time/KodTaz/Qvic shaman (9.3Khp, 8.2Kmana buffed) and Ajack (10.5Khp, 1640AC buffed, 405AA) with DON aug'd Mindreaper(gifted rot loot, Thanks Diligence) and epic 1.5.

DoT and DoF both proc'd something that turned off attack every 15 seconds or so. DoT also procs a knock back/blind which is more managable when you are two boxing and can see what is going on from your other tube.

Before engage, Ajack and pet were FA'd and panthered. On engage, Ajack keyed in the trigger phrase, hit enter and immediately hit HoT potion and EarthWalk. Shaman malos'd and slowed and never got aggro even though a big part of the DPS was clickie Pox, bane and Sisslak. Shaman finished with 80mana on DoF and 40mana on DoT.

Plan on having a few roamers aggro on DoF. When that happend, I backed off dog and then dog aggroed to mobs attacking shaman. Adds were green and went down fast to my panthered dog and clickie Pox.

Sunday was quite a day. Camped both my sunless nectar (and a shrink wand while I was in the deep), Aged meat, worked up baking for combines, camped DoF and DoT, camped some permafrost crystals and polished up the symbols. Geeze, we have a very easy epic 2.0.

I have the signets completed, but being unguilded I don't know how I'm gonna finagle an Anguish globe. But I'm ready if someone offers.

- Ajack/Inkfinest
    roaming free spirits of the 7th hammer

Monk Disciple

Kaiaren (in oot) respawns after 6 hours +/- a few minutes.

Killed Kaiaren with one group, mostly time / ikkinz geared.. took 22 minutes :D

Now if only I could get Anguish Flagged!
    Nlannie of Vazaelle -

Apostle Master

Easier directions to the ancient nobleman:

Run through to the golem area with the waterfall and golems standing around the fountain.

Take the door south of the fountain, run through and up the stairs (past the shopkeeper and blacksmith spawns) and drop off the platform at the end. (You can FD at this point if you wish for aggro clearance)

Hug the wall left (this is going around Garudorn's building) until you are on the northern wall of the building. Look north from here, there are steps with two pillars and a pile of fallen mud and rubble. The ancient nobleman is on the right hand side at the top of the steps.

Can confirm he doesn't regen, so soloable by any monk with a 1.5 I expect. I am 8.2k unbuffed, and did this with conviction + shaman buffs, and used mend, 1.5 and 1 heal over time potion, burning innerflame, rapid kicks and thunderkick with dragon fangs everytime it pops.

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Kaiaren in OoT on AB seems to be bugged at the moment. I went there late last night with the 2 baked items,and he immediately attacked me. I waited 30 minutes there, but he did not despawn. I /petitioned, camped, and re-logged this morning (over 6 hours after I got to him last night) -- still KoS. I -was- able to hand in the 2 items and get an experience message and the text, but I have no idea yet as to whether the 2 Disciples will respond correctly - heading to PoValor right now.

Anclagon, I am having the same problem than you. Kaiaren has me on kos... Did you solve this problem and if yes, how ? If not, did you still get yr epic 2.0 and how ?

that happens if someone attempts him, and fails

he stays kos until he dies

I guess i'll have to bring friends then... Is one group enough for Kaiaren ?

Ascendant Ashenhand

This thread is funked up or something. It's showing 2 pages on my screen, but the most recent posts are on page 1.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Ascendant Stone Fist

yes ssyhk. and same here Soy.

we just have to bump it till it's two threads again. posts may have been lost or deleted.

Ascendant Stone Fist

ok so just keep post padding?

Ascendant Stone Fist

Ascendant Stone Fist

Ascendant Stone Fist

i guess. how many posts does one page hold?

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

why doesn't someone just cut and paste the info in a new thread and let this one die.
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Apostle Master

Default AE Rampage Kaiaren 1 grouped

I saw that Kaiaren was 1 grouped by Time/Ikk geared toons in Feb 2006, but the post doesn't say whether he had AE rampage then or not. He is still doable with 1 group, even with his AE ramp. Group was me 70 Monk - DoD/Tacvi and some CoA gear. 70 Sham - DoD gear mostly. 70 War (18.7 k buffed) - Tacvi/CoA/DP gear. War was botting a 70 Cler - Tacvi/CoA/DP gear, 70 Sham - Tacvi/CoA gear, and a 70 Bard - DoD gear. Bard mostly sang Resist song and Mana song. Bot Sham Panthered and Championed and 2.0 clicked. Real sham patch slowed, reslowed, and was my dedicated healer.
    Fight lasted around 14-15 minutes (I never got the repop on IF I was expecting after using it early). Fight might go faster with another melee instead of Bard. I'm sure the real sham could have healed the rampage on 2 melees. Maybe even drop the botted sham for another melee, but my friend wanted the challenge of 4 boxing. Good luck to the other monks out there. Its still doable with one group.

ok i just got my ass kicked by kaiaren with some people. Does that mean that i now have to do all the disciples crap over again since i lost to him.

Please tell me no

Apostle Master

No. Just go kill him again next time he's up.

Default duo'd tranquility and focus

Was able to duo both tranquility and focus today. 75 monk, qvic plus, some curse gear and mpg raid trial gear, 10.2 k unbuffed. Totally gimp 68 shaman with PoP gear, (not plane of time). Epic 1.0 only for shaman.

Focus totally easy with shaman slowing, and using HoT. Tranquility significantly harder. had to burn dps discs, pop mend. couple heals from shaman, and rest HoT. Kept slowed sent in pet. Shaman, 20% Mana left at end.
    -Cael

I went out to talk with him and got attacked and hit for 2650 ( not 2k) anyone know how to get him un aggro?

Bah, is there any way to get into the lost valley without having a key to aerin dar's lair?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by dxkj21
    Bah, is there any way to get into the lost valley without having a key to aerin dar's lair?
    Yes, to get their does not require key at all.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by dxkj21
    I went out to talk with him and got attacked and hit for 2650 ( not 2k) anyone know how to get him un aggro?
    Assuming you mean Kairien. If he is in aggro mode, it means someone triggered him for the fight but didnt kill him. He needs to die, despawn (no clue now long this takes), or wait for a server reset.
    Iksar Monk, Povar

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

As I posted last year, I hit the same problem - but I was able to hand in the sandwich and pie while sneaking, and get the right text. I was then able to continue on with the other parts of the quest.

dxkj21,

As stated, there is no key requiremnt. the lost valley is actually way over on the right side of the zone across the river. To be honest I didn't even ever know it was there and I have been playing since 2001. Maybe they just added it for the epic fight, I don't know. there doesn't seem to be anything else in there I don't think. At any rate... I just ran along the zone wall to the right as you zone in, and then run along the banks of the river. you should see on the map across the river an additional portion of the zone, if I remeber correctly, it is kind of high up on the wall where you have to go to be able to actually run into the valley. I can't remember for sure.
    -Cael

Ok, I found the lost valley, im noob i guess

I made the food, fought the 2 focus mobs with another monk and got both symbols and polished htem (though he triggered the fight)

Should I be able to hand this in and kill Kaiaren even if he is kos and still finish epic?

Ok it let me do all my turn ins sneaking/fd to him and i got exp messages, so i shoudl be able to fight him now.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training zornhed's Avatar

I died during the fight, but Karien was still killed, and we got the correct emote. I did the turn in to Vortix, and got the correct emote. Sebast Muckle will not accept my handwraps and globe, gives them back. Do I ned to kill Karien again? I ned to make sure I do not die this time?

I am almost there, Soloed all of it up to Kaiaren in OOT. Took him down with 5 people. Myself lvl 70 monk, 2 lvl 80 monks high end geared with almost full fabled items from PoP zones, 1 Warrior also fabled gear from PoP zones, and 1 cleric with almost all fabled gear from PoP zones. Was easy took him down np. All i need now is my orb. =)
    Here is a link to my monk,
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1381450

bumping an old post (stikied though :p)

grats me on my epic 2.0 \o/

and for those willing to get an easy walkthrough to check :

Start the 2.0 quest.
    [] - Hail Kaiaren in Ocean of Tears

Bake some treats for Kaiaran
    [] - Sunless Nectar from An Ancient Shrieker in the Deep
    [] - Aged Piece of Meat from An Ancient Nobleman in Veksar
    [] - Bake a Sugar and Spice Nectar Pie (Sunless Nectar, Pie Tin, Spices)
    [] - Bake a Grilled Aged Meat and Cheese Sandwich (Aged Piece of Meat, Grilling sauce, cheese, Loaf of bread)
    [] - Turn in Sugar and Spice Nectar Pie and Grilled Aged Meat and Cheese sandwich to Kaiaren

Obtains the Symbols' of Focus and Tranquility
    [] - Symbol of Focus from a Disciple of Focus in Tenebrous Mountains (-250, -900)
    [] - Polish Symbol of Focus (Symbol, Divine Crystalline Glaze)
    [] - Symbol of Tranquility from a Disciple of Tranquility in Plane of Valor (Hidden Valley)
    [] - Polish Symbol of Tranquility (Symbol, Divine Crystalline Glaze)

Fight Kaiaren in Ocean of Tears
    [] - Hand in polished symbols + Initiates Sash of the Celestial Order from 1.5 to Kaiaren in Ocean of Tears
    [] - Kill Kaiaren

Get Glob of Discordant Energy
    [] - Get Globe of Discordant Energy in Anguish

Final epic hand in's
    [] - Turn in Globe of Discordant Energy to Vortix
    [] - Turn in Globe of Discordant Energy + Epic 1.5 to Sebast Muckle in Plane of Knowledge

Result
    [] - Recieve 10 AA points
    [] - Recieve Transcended Fistwraps of Immortality

Thread Information