Thread: 10th ring faction.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Default 10th ring faction.

I have some questions regarding the 10th ring and faction.

1) Which faction do you need to start the war? dain or coldain or both, which level?

2) Which is the best way to raise, dain and coldain faction?

Kill tormax would be one way.

3) Whats the minimum faction you need to start and end with the hand in.

4) If you are kos, how would you use sneak and have you used sneak to get you your 10th ring?

fd behind the hand in npc, hit sneak, get up and hand in quick head+ring. What about the circle of dwarfs? Wont they attack too?

Thanks

Silenz Handz | Snazzire

Grandmistress of the Celestial Fists - Drinal

The Kindred</p>

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default Re: 10th ring faction.

1) Which faction do you need to start the war? dain or coldain or both, which level?

You need Dain faction for the note. After that, you only need Coldain faction. Can do the war at dubious, so any monk, reguardless of faction can do the war.

2) Which is the best way to raise, dain and coldain faction? Kill tormax would be one way.

Tormax only assists in Dain faction. He has no Thurg faction. See the Faction for Thurg thread for ways to raid coldain faction.

3) Whats the minimum faction you need to start and end with the hand in.

Dubious .. But I did all mine at indifferent

4) If you are kos, how would you use sneak and have you used sneak to get you your 10th ring?

Point to note - I was scowling to the coldain when I did my ring. So yes, I used sneak. As far as "how", well, that's quite easy, I'll leave that for you to figure out (hey, I'm not here to give *all* the answers).

<p align=center>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.gpcentre.net/tools/css/eqsig.css">
    <table id="s">
    <tr>
    <td colspan=3 id="sl">This game has warped my fragile little mind.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width=33% id="b">
    <span class="nM">Sithr</span>

<span class="sN"> 65th Iksar Transcendent </span>
    </td>
    <td width=34% id="b">
    <span class="n">Xield Da`Margorach</span>

<span class="sS"> 54th Teir`Dal Heretic </span>
    </td>

<td width=33% id="b">
    <span class="n">Lvarin Geirtu`Dal</span>

<span class="sS"> 32nd Tu`Dal Bard </span>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width=33% id="b">

<span class="nA">Zabies</span>

<span class="sA"> 52nd Iksar Shaman </span>
    </td>
    <td width=34% id="b">
    <span class="nM">Chronology</span><span class="nA">Officer</span>

<span class="sr">Mithaniel Marr</span>

</td>
    <td width=33% id="b">
    <span class="nA">Rryn</span>

<span class="sA"> 24th Iksar Beastlord </span>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </p></p>
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Stone Fist

Thanks alot, I ended up getting a tormax kill and then 3-4 hours at the GD giant fort and I am now ally(coldain), I remember using sneak to do the hand in when I was kos to dragons for the sote quest, that was a pain. Reason I was asking about sneak here was cause of the dwarfs that are sat down for the secondary gifts.

Thanks again.

Silenz Handz | Snazzire

Grandmistress of the Celestial Fists - Drinal

The Kindred</p>

I believe I was either amiably or just below that when I did my 10th ring war, and max KOS to Dain at the time as well.

The NPCs that you have to protect for goodies at the end all conn'd indiff to me after I triggered the event (including the spawned Seneschal).

BTW, at first I only handed the declaration to the trigger NPC and thought maybe he'd ate it since nothing happened.. I panicked thinking of wasting everyone's time gathering there for the event since I wouldn't be able to get another Declaration until I factioned up with Dain again (ugh) ... but then I passed him my 9th ring and all was well. Didn't read that in the 2 or 3 guides I was referencing.. heh.

Carten

</p>

Apostle Master

Default 10th Coldain Ring war - reference

Planning on completing.

Was so excited and nervous that I got the Declaration of War 9/23/09 that I immediatly rushed to ask EQ friends to help and was in too much of a hurry and could not answer everyones questions.

I also did not know it was important to give Zrelic the message regarding his commands for I was involved (melee only) in many a war where he was not used. I THINK this prevented the giants from spawning other than the spearmen. Learned can stop him from following one around last night!!!

Folks can now refer to this info .
    Thank you

Zarie
    formerly of Rodcet Nife and now of Quellious

BTW just get the GGG quest and kill tormax and statue a few times willg et your DAIN faction very quickly.
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1424259 85 monk of Test server. Retired

80 Ratonga Bruiser of Oasis Everquest 2

Enlightened Grandmaster

sad part is, like 7 months ago I destroyed my dain 9 ring, dirk & letter... nowadays you could group this thing...
    Beelzaman

Magelo : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=185906

The Group Geared monk.

Enlightened Grandmaster

petition to get it back... they will.
    Sensei Daesean of Crusaders Valorous

Enlightened Grandmaster

i may just do that... it would be fun to finally complete the thing and have it rot in my bank.

Thoughts on this being groupable nowadays?
    Beelzaman

Magelo : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=185906

The Group Geared monk.

Ascendant Stone Fist

wow holy crap, thread back from the dead. I posted this over 6 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzaman View Post
    Thoughts on this being groupable nowadays?
    Should be able to duo it.

Just have the person that can tank/dps the best be on the lookout and run to the pile of mobs and kill them. Eventually the waves will get big enough where some will get by (they seem to easily lose interest in you unless you're relatively close to them).

Have the second person just inside the valley leading to thurg getting any that get through.

Some notes for those who haven't done this or that it's been a long time. The giants generally come in wave of increasing numbers and difficulty. There are sometimes minor skirmishes or 1-3 giants making a run for thurg between waves.

The giants are sneakier than they appear. Don't always expect them to come from the south. Many times the come from the west and east (mostly west on the sides). Be sure to protect the dorf squad on the west side.

This is an looooooooooonnnnnnnnggg event. Expect the script to take around 2 hours to finish. There is a long wait between waves and waves are not usually announced by emote/shouts. There are some emotes/shouts in the script but it was strange, my box shaman in the zone was the only one that saw them. The emotes are mostly unimportant other than the last one of the lead dwarf commanding you to not let the named giant to get away, although you'll notice this even if the emotes didn't go off because most of the dorfs will depop. The named giant is pretty much straight out from thurg.

Not 100% sure on this but the goal of the event seems to be to not let the lead dorf get killed (he pops by the entrance of thurg). When the named giant dies, he should drop his head(no rent) and lance. Turning in the head+9th ring to the lead dorf gets you the 10th ring. He returns the head for you to turn into the remaining living dorfs for other items, nothing much but easy tribute.

Thread Information