Thread: the next step

Apostle Master

Default the next step

So, from what I've been reading, 2hb is currently the way to go. Towards that end I'm working towards moloing dead hills has. I can do it now, but the white cons tear me up. I could get a few better augs, but I would net only 100 ac I think.

Any suggestions? I do not group and I play at odd times for less than an hour usually. magelo is mostly up to date.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

If you just want experience maybe try moloing Hotzones? The exp is not bad during a lesson burn.

Monk Disciple

Is your magelo correct in that you are molo'ing using h2h? If you should try with 2hb and see how that goes. Also work on your defensive AA, they are small incremental changes but they do add up!
    Rten/Frank

Apostle Master

So I re-learned an important lesson. Moloing sucks, bring the shaman. Bought the expansion on the shaman (89 at the time), pulled him in. Now I'm 100, sham is 93. I run dual cleric mercs and patch heal on the shaman and that usually keeps me alive.

I picked up the disciple's dragonstaff - unfortunately I'm several hundred AA behind on my 2hb aas, so it'll be a while before its dps-efficient to use it. I tried using a tank merc, but the shaman is a Silver account, so the lvl 93 apprentice cleric merc ran out of mana pretty quick when healing.

I'm hoping that once the monk maxes the lvl 100 defensives & blunt aas/staff block, that a single merc can keep him up, so I can swap the 2nd cleric merc out for a rogue. If the shaman gets high 90s before the monk gets sufficient AA, then I'll try the tank merc route again.

Another thing I relearned is that when there's no nameds - use all the short term stuff (disciplines, bp clicky, crane, etc etc.) Surprise, surprise - dps goes up!

Slightly unrelated question - are DH nameds going to be tankable at some point? It looks like I'm going to need a full set of the group gear before I can move on, so it would be nice if I could supplement with some dropped items (and of course the lifesteal item is nice).

Monk Disciple

There is a good thread a little further down about how to multi bind your attacks to a single key. Basically you want to mash anything that is under 5 min reuse.

Apostle Master

Yep, I'm up to speed on key binding. I was referring to all the discs - bp click, heel, etc. I never do more than 1 mission a day, and can't take the named, so no point in saving discs.

IIRC, DH missions no longer lock. So if you find there's a named up, you can always ask for help, and hopefully get something worth while for you or your help. (Guild if you are in one, general channel if you aren't.) You may even pick up someone who plays similar times to you and end up with a regular group this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndar View Post
    So, from what I've been reading, 2hb is currently the way to go.
    Can you elaborate on this or point me in the right direction?

Apostle Master

There are several posts in the equipment forum comparing various 2hbs, and the general conclusion seems to be that the low delay 2handers, such as the disciple's dragonstaff and various raid 2hbs, perform equivalently in terms of damage to their same tier one handers. With the added benefit of staff block.

My 2hb AAs are several hundred behind, so I won't know how it performs for me for several months at least with my current play time or lack thereof.

I don't think that the pre-disciples dragonstaff 2hbs are comparable to the one hander equivalents, so if you're not 100 yet you probably don't need to worry about it yet.

I'm 105 but not raiding, so more wondering how the 1handers bought and augged with Remnants of Tranquility would compare to the 2hb option.

Thread Information