Thread: So these proc belts are nice but....

Default So these proc belts are nice but....

This one is a kick in the balls.....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=121710

Why is mnk not on this? IMO this is probably the nicest item in the game for a monk.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Phreaky View Post
    This one is a kick in the balls.....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=121710

Why is mnk not on this? IMO this is probably the nicest item in the game for a monk.
    Parry-only effect, would be wasted on a monk

Stop getting hit

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtass View Post
    Parry-only effect, would be wasted on a monk
    Don't be silly. That's just a matter of how they made the item. Other belts have abilities that fire off of dodge/block/parry/etc. This could easily be that way if they wanted to.

I'm questioning why make such an item and not include mnk/bst on it.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Dude why would you need, you have counterforce

Because counterforce has a long reuse time and this belt will work on everything that tries to hit you.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

From a "role play" perspective, the effect tendon slice doesn't make much sense for a monk using fists or blunt weapons. Though to me that's a dumb reason not to give it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei savager View Post
    Stop getting hit
    Still wondering why you're getting hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Obiziana View Post
    From a "role play" perspective, the effect tendon slice doesn't make much sense for a monk using fists or blunt weapons. Though to me that's a dumb reason not to give it to us.
    A shuriken or throwing knife would work, though it wouldn't make much sense in close combat.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei savager View Post
    Still wondering why you're getting hit?
    Cause I tank a lot for groups? Not everything is a raid senor

Enlightened Grandmaster

I asked exactly this on SOE forums, and never got a reply. Its not exactly overpowered imo, especially given how many slows are in the game now, and that we never really even had a decent weapon that procs slow.

Thread here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...-on-it.215269/
    feel free to bump...

I sent a PM to Roshen about it as well, no reply.

I got a reply from Chandrok about this. He said it's intentional so there are no plans to add us to this belt. That bums me out but oh well. This is a truly fun item which are hard to find these days with a lot of the cookie-cutter gear that is created.

I suppose I'll consider a cripple belt at some point for when I'm not raiding.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Did he give any reason why? Makes no sense at all to me...

No, but he did make it clear that it was intentional. Being that it's intentional as opposed to an oversight I wasn't about to start an argument as that's probably not going to be fruitful.

I'd rather not generate any ill-will when we clearly need some love in the DPS dept in any upcoming AA/disc/gear additions.

Frankly I'm glad he responded and let me know where it stood. I don't send many PMs to the devs but this is the 1st one I got any kind of response to.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Behind Usasium I think the next one in line is Tita's incapacitating cinture. Not sure how those debuffs stack up vs the slow on usasium. Would also be nice to have a girdle of the weaponsmaster. I'd rather have either of those then repentia.

Stop being silly, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=122023 or Weaponsmaster belt are best for monks.

Are any of these definitively "better" for us really? By that I mean whats the actual effect on gameplay.

Repentia has a nice proc. Ok lets pretend it procs 10 times a minute. 200 DPS maybe?

Lumbia Serpentia has the +FK modifier. 20 dmg per kick. Not discable, not focused in any way. Does +FK actually matter anymore? I don't think it does.

At this point if it doesn't amount to a better dmg/dly, doesn't add more FK attempts, or doesn't extend duration or reduce reuse of discs it probably doesn't help us very much. I think the numbers are too big for the other factors from years ago to amount to anything more than noise. Even the +atk from ranger str doesn't matter anymore. Does 300 atk matter when you have 6500+ atk from other buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Phreaky View Post
    Lumbia Serpentia has the +FK modifier. 20 dmg per kick. Not discable, not focused in any way. Does +FK actually matter anymore? I don't think it does.
    Heel line says, 'Hi.'

Is it irreplaceable? No. Not if you don't mind using 5 type 3 slots on the Void augs.

Discs? Heel will make flying kick fire more, making the 20 damage land more. Lots more.

Meaningful? Probably not.

Personally, I still go for the monk belt. If the cripple belt dropped, I'd hit it, though.

Enlightened Grandmaster

There are 2 things to consider really: solo-ability and dps (on raid or solo). For example, I would not wear the slow belt in a raid.

The FK is probably not all that great imo overall. +20 FK is just the regular 'monk' belt, and nothing new.

The weaponmaster belt procs off a lot of additional non-weapon procs it seems (FoS, TF,...?) so thats probably the choice for dps.

Cripple back in the day was parsed (Samana's shaman site, which I can't see right now) as making a marginal difference.

Slow is a game changer. Right now, for me, trash up to T2 TDS is manageable. While relying on a proc is dangerous, it at least makes possible going up a level on what you can manage. I'm pretty fed up of pets/casters/hybrids being able to destroy all content, while us melee get pummelled in double quick time. I can't see why this mini carrot can't work for all classes really.

You can have multiple belts and change in what you need on a particular occasion. The +20 FK belt will have direct improvements over expansions, but cripple and slow (in particular) upgrades will be few and far between, i imagine. The weaponmaster belt is probably in the same category, as at some point as you need to keep in on, the belt stats on newer belts will out weigh the appeal of the effect.

Enlightened Grandmaster

FYI - vote to have this looked at:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-75

Enlightened Grandmaster

Haha nice, they're using Jira

bump. these belts work for monks now. I use Despot's belt (t2 RoS from Gorrowyn) when we don't have a slower, and it works great. I swap out my Boon of the Seeress belt (VPt2group) for raids and DPS when we do have a slower.

Thread Information