Thread: Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

Figured iŽd start a topic about this kickstarter game being developed by Brad McQuaid.

Thread over at rerolled http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...-of-the-Fallen

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-of-the-fallen

Brad stated it will be a mix between eq1 and Vanguard but closer to Eq1 with modern whatnots etc etc.
    In all honesty I didnt really think iŽd get amped about a game these days since that feeling has been smashed so many times over the years by others games like eq2, WoW, Vanguard and so forth.
    But I figure i will give this a chance atleast.

Nytemist Mith Marr monk 1999-2004
    Slaktar Antonius Bayle monk 2006-2010 (and still occasionally logg on to kill old kunark dragons or Velious nameds for nostalgic purposes)
    Last edited by Nytemist; 01-19-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

48 min interview with Brad Mcquaid - talks about EQ nostalgia, Vanguard fail and Pantheon ideas.

Ascendant Transcendent

Good interview. I know some of my best experiences -- and yours, have been in EQ. Looking back, the game was punishing. If they at least get the x/y coordinate system correct I will be thankful. The focus on social and grouping aspect is encouraging. I'm not sure they have the right team in place to deliver. It appears to be a lot of designers, not many developers. I hope they deliver because I agree with the interviewer -- the whole mmo genre is stale.

Apostle Master

I actually just came across this on Friday when Shroud of the Avatar announced that they were doing a cross-promotion with Pantheon. I'm in for $25, but since its subscription-based I doubt I'll play it long-term. We'll see what it has in store tho.
    Iksar Monk, Povar

Latest update....a couple of years later.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3MuXT7GrU&t=1s
    3 hour pre Alpha playthrough. Alot of fan based questions brought up and answered and the first glimpse on the shaman.

Ascendant Transcendent Kaliaila's Avatar

I'm still not holding my breath on this; with as long as it is taking to develop I am thinking that by the time the get it to market that it will not be all that exceptional. Plus they haven't really shared all that much information about how they are going to be treating most of the classes especially the Monk class.
    Ascendant Apostle Xianzu Ryuukyo
    Bearer of the Shackle of Tynnonium
    Wielder of the Whistling Fists

Enlightened Grandmaster

Duke Nukem Forever was like 15 years in the making, and was exceptional! Ok, maybe a bad example...

Ascendant Transcendent

Hi Have you seen some of the twitch streams? It gets better every time. I may actually send them some cash.

Thread Information