Thread: AV bullets?

Default AV bullets?

What are these, read some posts here and people are talking about AV bullets.

</p>

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default Re: AV bullets?

anti vehicle bullets

press X to change your bullets from the white ones (anti personal) bullets to the orange ones that are the Anti Vehicle bullets

2 Ti 4:7

</p>

Monk Disciple

Don't let the name throw you, AV bullets aren't much better than regular bullets against "armored" targets. DO NOT think that just because you have AV bullets loaded you'll be putting a dent in that tank any time soon, you're still just using small-arms fire.

AV bullets are pretty situational, and they really don't do much more damage to Armored targets than regular bullets. There is a difference, however small, so if you do know that you'll be facing off against a MAX or something then go ahead and pack some AV rounds. For the majority of your fighting though regular bullets will suffice, so carry alot more of those than AP.

<span style="font-size:x-small;">Aartheb</span>

Grandmaster of Quellious

Human, Honorary Gnome</p>
    Aartheb
    -Retired 65 Monk
    -Formerly of Bertoxxulous

Drop (and about 1000 alts)
    -Pinnacle Server, CoH

Ah, ok i have 3 favorites, Assault, Sniper and MAX, the Assault is the gausse assault rifle, i love it, also i have the Decimator, it owns MAX and other vehicular targets, also is the missile launcher that is Medium assault, dont remember what its called. But it looks like a magnum but its only bullet is the rocket. i guess the Decimator and that rocket thing are my 2 AV weapons.. heh.

</p>

Monk Disciple

In most cases the difference between normal an AP (armour piercing I thought it was) bullets against a MAX is not a whole lot of difference, the one exception I have found is with the JackHammer (NC Heavy Assault Tri-Barreled Shotugn). If I put AP bullets in there then I can take down a MAX in under a clip, the clip holds 16 bullets and well it dpeneds how many shots I get to land as to how many it takes. Think lowest was 12 AP shots to kill a MAX.

Might be the same for the sweeper, try it out sometime, might be pleasantly surprised.

<hr />Baron Junu Peeth, 61 Grandmaster Human Monk on Mithaniel Marr</p>

Armor Piercing bullets I have found to be quite worthless.

You do so little more damage to armor, and you do alot less damage to soft targets. It takes too much time to switch between the 2 to make a difference anyway.

Also you should never go head to head with an armored anything if your a grunt.

<div style="text-align:center">Preyings Tallon Zek</div><hr />

<div style="text-align:center"><blockquote>Quote:<hr>Life doesn't suck... I just suck at Life<hr></blockquote></div></p>

Monk Disciple

As I said, the only exception is AP shotgun rounds.

<hr />Baron Junu Peeth, 61 Grandmaster Human Monk on Mithaniel Marr</p>

Thread Information