Thread: Cops shoot at Mini Van full of kids

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

Default Cops shoot at Mini Van full of kids

I'm a big supporter of Law Enforcement, but I can't understand the cop firing his weapon.

It' would be a different story if the cops were in front of the van, and pulling out had a chance of hitting them.

I can almost forgive her for running the 2nd time, after the cop beats out the back window where my kids are.

My guess is that everyone goes down for this, unless she gets a pass due to the cops behavior.
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Monk Disciple

As a parent I can understand how viewers might be horrified by the officer shooting at the van. I can't believe the mom in the video. Why in the world would she let it escalate like that? Why would she not recognize the police officer's authority? I ask myself, how could this been avoided?
    I think police using deadly force is a big problem in the US that needs to be addressed. People not respecting the authority of the police give some justification to the cops to use force because they are protecting themselves from crazy non complying people.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Obviously both parties did lots of things wrong. The 14 year old jumping out to "help" certainly didn't improve the situation any either.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Also, it was one cop wasnt it? I'm not condoning this at all and im sure this guy is going to be likely fired for this. I hate it when people group all cops as being just as stupid as the one idiot who does things like this. Same when one member of the army does something criminal or really stupid. not fair to blame everyone else.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Transcendent

Default reply

He seems to be aiming for the tires to incapacitate the vehicle. If he were trying to shoot into the van he would have easily taken out the rear window at that distance.

This is a tough one. But once you attack/assault a police officer the assumption should be you are a danger to the public and measures should be taken to prevent you leaving. Thus, trying to shoot the tires out.

If not for the family assault on the officer, I think this officer would be in trouble. But once the assault happened there were other factors the officers had to consider for the safety of the public.

Monk Disciple

am I the only one thinking "damn that family is fucked" and wouldn't be sad if the cop actually hit, at least the mom?

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Derakahn View Post
    am I the only one thinking "damn that family is fucked" and wouldn't be sad if the cop actually hit, at least the mom?
    lol

Ascendant Ashenhand

It kind of makes me wonder what the full story is... why was she so desperate to get to that hotel with her kids? Was that her intended destination? Were drugs involved in her decision to act the way she did? Either currently on them, or withdrawal, or going to buy some? Maybe she was being blackmailed to go to that location in a certain amount of time?

Could base a movie around that scene.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I'm fairly sure that scene has already been done in several movies.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Ashenhand

Thread Information