Thread: i gotta clear this up (Tonfa AAs + 2hb ?'s)

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default i gotta clear this up (Tonfa AAs + 2hb ?'s)

alright, so i'm readin' through the thread about whether or not the new 1hb AAs are worth a damn and I see someone post that the Tonfa AA doesn't *just* affect 1hb.
    it affects *blunt* weps.
    (i'll need to put my eyes on the AA description when i get home)

with that said: if you wanna maximize your 2hb dps (as that seems to be coming around with the advent of the CotF 2hb), should one have Tonfa AAs + Katori AAs maxed?

is that what i'm seeing through these last groups of parses?

thanks in advance, fellas.

the post i'm referring to was by Mris:

"The next part was a surprise to me. We've talked about the 1h blunt AAs, but reading the description, it doesn't say that... It says, 'blunt'. Not expecting anything, I tested it.

2h, no Tonfa

Max Normal 363
    Max Crit 553
    Min Normal 167
    Min Crit 220

2h, max Tonfa

Max Normal 1158
    Max Crit 1348
    Min Normal 962
    Min Crit 1015"

from what i'm experiencing in raids atm, my Eye of Lxanvorn is beating my t2 RoF H2H's in the parses.
    while i'm elated to see this, i'm more curious as to what AA's are affecting my 2hb dmg (outside of the obvious PB, Katori, etc).
    is it indeed a combination of Tonfa + Katori that's up'ing the deeps?
    or is it just the glorious ratio on EoL?

thanks again.

I have yet to see the 2hander beat katar/katar. Will have to do some parses, but yes if you want to maximize 2hb dps you should max all the AAs that mention blunt damage.

Monk Disciple

I've done a few small parses in gh between the possessed dreadstone katar primary, fearbrand secondary vs the new 2hb, I was raid buffed with 25% oh and FoS HH proc up, but the 2hb beat the h2h combo every single time. I'm sure it's probably inferior without the FoS HH proc up, but raid buffed with bard in group on burn mode, I've parsed higher with 2hb.
    In a group setting, I've been swapping bandolier back and forth from h2h until the OH proc goes off, back to 2hb, the OH proc usually happens within 1-2 seconds.
    I haven't done any actual parses in a group mode though, I could be losing dps for all i know doing that, but the difference is so minimal, I could care less most of the time.

Apostle Master

HH effects should not care what your weapon is, they should be a % base increase relative to your haste/overhaste level. Flurry and damage bonuses are going to be the deciding factors for 1h vs. 2h.

I'd rather see parses of the new h2h/class h2h vs the new 2hb. I would think it obvious a new weapon (even if it is 2hb) would outparse last expansions weapons =P

^

Thread Information