Thread: Shroud of the Avatar

Apostle Master

Default Shroud of the Avatar

Not sure how many of you grew up on 80s video games, but if you did you surely know of the Ultima series. Ultima Online was one of the first successful MMOs, and probably the only long-running sandbox type game available.

Well, many of the men behind those games, including Richard "Lord British" Garriott, have started a new company. Their goal is to create a five-game series that builds upon itself into an epic MMO, but which uses selective sharing to allow you to play with the people you choose to. Shroud of the Avatar came through Kickstarter with double its asking amount, and is looking good in their demo from a month ago.

Check it out at shroudoftheavatar.com

Also, if you are interested, some fans are running a Telethon-style community building campaign this weekend. Can check it out at hearthofbritannia.com
    Iksar Monk, Povar

Enlightened Grandmaster

I LOVED the Ultima series. Ultima Underworld 1-2, and Ultima VII + Serpent Isle are among my favorite games of all time, if not at the very top.

Never got into UO, though.

Apostle Master

Yeah, Underworld II and U7/SI were my favorites as well. Loved the story in U5 and U6, but they are SO hard to play anymore, unless I download Lazarus or U6P (Dungeon Siege conversions).

If anyone wants to pledge this weekend, the fundraiser has a HUGE amount of prizes to be won. You can use my referral #1583 to sign up at the SotA site, and forward your confirmation e-mail to redeem@hearthofbritannia.com to have a chance to win.
    Iksar Monk, Povar

Ascendant Ashenhand

I never totally got into UO. It was also one of the first MMOs with open PvP... and open theft. Let me tell you it was super annoying trying to get started in that game mining for iron when people would come by and either kill you or rummage through your pack and steal your ingots etc.

Thread Information