Thread: Epic 3

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Epic 3

I don't care what they call it, it's probably a dumbed-down, achievement reward, but it's really epic 3. I guess.

http://preview.eqresource.com/hof/cl...php?class=monk

I wonder what Transcendence is. Worn overhaste? Delay reduction? Whatever it is, it's on the berserker and rogue weapons as well.

Anybody have any information?

-Vanni
    "Corpse humping monkeys that live in vans down by the river can be edumacational too."

Enlightened Grandmaster

It was originally a small HH effect, which then was changed into an OH effect. I'm not sure exactly how much, but unless they make it stack it's worthless.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtass View Post
    It was originally a small HH effect, which then was changed into an OH effect. I'm not sure exactly how much, but unless they make it stack it's worthless.
    If it is 25 will be an upgrade for when we do not have a bard.

Heck anything better then Ancenstral Memories 3 would be an upgrade for me at least when grouping (most of the time).

If it is worn it SHOULD stack (again up to the cap). So if it is a 10 percent OH that stacks with AM3 I will be happy.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

they should remove the heal amount and spell dmg off of them and replace those with flying kick and tiger claw

Enlightened Grandmaster

Nice to see some heroics on monk weapons. Funny that we get dex and rog/zerk get str.

All those weapons looks rather copy/paste on effects etc. I'm sure they could easily be modified a little - as Chumpp says, maybe swap those heal/spell dmg to flying kick/tiger claw. Or a 5% h2h focus? That would be nice. The proc looks pretty weak too. On all melee weapons.

The weapon itself will probably get bagged next expansion, but perhaps if they changed the worn effect to a clickie h2h +5% or updated monk epic effect (peace of discipline/heal 10k cap), that would be quite sweet. If the current effect (worn) is an overhaste that stacks with AM3, that will be a nightmare when the next set of weapons upgrades comes in.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Aggememnon View Post
    Nice to see some heroics on monk weapons. Funny that we get dex and rog/zerk get str.

All those weapons looks rather copy/paste on effects etc. I'm sure they could easily be modified a little - as Chumpp says, maybe swap those heal/spell dmg to flying kick/tiger claw. Or a 5% h2h focus? That would be nice. The proc looks pretty weak too. On all melee weapons.

The weapon itself will probably get bagged next expansion, but perhaps if they changed the worn effect to a clickie h2h +5% or updated monk epic effect (peace of discipline/heal 10k cap), that would be quite sweet. If the current effect (worn) is an overhaste that stacks with AM3, that will be a nightmare when the next set of weapons upgrades comes in.
    Honestly for heroic I prefer dex and agi to strength.

For the focus... if as I am guessing it is overhaste that stacks with AM3, then next expansion we may choose to use it for grouping, and use differnt weapon for raiding (if we have a bard). Yes, that could be a nightmare depeding on what augs we want to use.

Enlightened Grandmaster

I also prefer dex/agi to str - strongly reflected in my current augs (and gear).
    If they put something useful on the new weapon, I'd really rather it was useable for at least a couple of years. I don't particularly want to have different weapon set up for solo/grp v raid ;/

Ascendant Transcendent Kaliaila's Avatar

I also prefer dex/agi to str - strongly reflected in my current augs (and gear).
    If they put something useful on the new weapon, I'd really rather it was useable for at least a couple of years. I don't particularly want to have different weapon set up for solo/grp v raid ;/
    As it happens, the reason why they changed it from HH to worn OH was because that would make it what people would use for a number of years to come due to what it would put the effective delay(s) at; so they don't want it to be used for that long.
    Ascendant Apostle Xianzu Ryuukyo
    Bearer of the Shackle of Tynnonium
    Wielder of the Whistling Fists

Apostle Master

At least our epic weapon isn't the necromancer one.

IMO, the necro one was broken to begin with; the Dev's back then should have put a point where it started degrading; even if they had put something like level 80 spells (which would have been 10 levels over the cap at the time OoW came out) that would have given the Necro's around 3 1/2-4+ years worth of use out of it at full strength; and it would have degraded to 0 at 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post
    IMO, the necro one was broken to begin with; the Dev's back then should have put a point where it started degrading; even if they had put something like level 80 spells (which would have been 10 levels over the cap at the time OoW came out) that would have given the Necro's around 3 1/2-4+ years worth of use out of it at full strength; and it would have degraded to 0 at 100.
    And actually, other epics had their focii set to degrade over 70, iirc, and had them *increased* to 75. No reason not to have tossed necro on at the same time even at that late date.

Apostle Master

I wonder if Transcendence is broken. If its supposed to be worn overhaste, its not working. I just got the group Katar. I equipped it and my haste (in stats window) did not change from 216. I then thought it might not stack with Ancestral Memories, so I stripped it and equipped the Katar and my haste did not change from 200. Is this supposed to work in some other way?

EDIT: I have since stripped off all forms of haste buff and took off my haste item. I got my worn haste to 100% and equipped the Katar. My haste stayed 100%. So not clear what benefit Transcendence gives.
    Last edited by Archus; 07-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Monk Disciple

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=38861

This link seems to say the OH is a proc(click battle fury). Lucy kinda sucks for new spells/effects though, and raidloot isn't updated yet.

Dunno, try swinging it and see if the 15% OH procs+stacks maybe.
    Rasputyn

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputyn View Post
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=38861

This link seems to say the OH is a proc(click battle fury). Lucy kinda sucks for new spells/effects though, and raidloot isn't updated yet.

Dunno, try swinging it and see if the 15% OH procs+stacks maybe.
    The weapon description says (Worn). The actual proc on the weapon (the lifetap) says (Combat).

Monk Disciple

Weird yeah. I'm just going by what the spell descriptions said in Lucy(an admittedly bad source).
    Rasputyn

Apostle Master

I just used this weapon on the combat dummies in the guild hall, and I can confirm that despite the description of a worn effect, this weapon procs Battle Fury, which is a 15% overhaste for the group version and 25% for the raid version.

[38859] Battle Fury
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    3: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 15%

[38860] Battle Fury
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    3: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 25%

Enlightened Grandmaster

So doesn't stack with ancestral memories then? I have the raid AM click, but I won't be getting raid version of this weapon, so group one is basically just like any other weapon to me.

Monk Disciple

With the raid weapon, I understand that AM3 will not stack with the proc... but does the proc over write the AM3 buff? As in once the proc wears off are we sitting on no OH?
    Rten/Frank

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Ugly ass weapon.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Intentional so you buy ornaments, which look slightly less horrible.

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rten View Post
    With the raid weapon, I understand that AM3 will not stack with the proc... but does the proc over write the AM3 buff? As in once the proc wears off are we sitting on no OH?
    I don't have the raid weapon yet, but the proc of Battle Fury goes in the song window, so I don't think it will overwrite AM3. My AM3 did not block it from going up, so I'd be pretty surprised if the raid Battle Fury overwrites AM3.

@Ishtass. No it does not stack with AM3. With AM3 on and Battle Fury proc'd, my haste was still 216, so without the raid weapon, folks with AM3 will not be getting any benefit. Anyone with overhaste less than AM3 should get at least a little benefit from the group buff, however.

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtass View Post
    Intentional so you buy ornaments, which look slightly less horrible.
    Epic ornament > any ornament you can buy imo!

Enlightened Grandmaster

Bleh, bummer. Thanks for the follow-up.

And agreed heh.

Enlightened Grandmaster

They should revisit the group buff and maybe make it 20 oh...
    It's going to take me quite a while to get the raid wweapon, having lost 4/4 rolls on the 1st group piece ;/

Apostle Master

Obtained the raid weapon yesterday. Just confirming it does not overwrite AM3 and goes in the song window like the group weapon. With or without a bard, with the Battle Fury buff, haste maxes out at 225. It seems to proc often. I wasn't staring at my song window, but didn't notice myself without the buff for any prolonged period of combat.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Did you notice any obvious effect on proc rate of TF or hh effect? That's the main question I guess...

Just to make things a bit more clear; Transcendence is more or less a worn buff which makes us proc Battle Fury; in the same way that the Shaman Panther line makes us proc a DD.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post
    Just to make things a bit more clear; Transcendence is more or less a worn buff which makes us proc Battle Fury; in the same way that the Shaman Panther line makes us proc a DD.
    Would have been MUCH simpler, and better to just make it a 25% worn overhaste.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Would have been MUCH simpler, and better to just make it a 25% worn overhaste.
    They are finding a balance between giving us 25% OH sometimes vs a bard's all the time OH. The problem is that having a bard makes you slightly stronger, while negating the awesome part of this weapon. So if we have a bard, any other weapon is just about as good as this one, and without a bard, it's a much larger gap.

Apostle Master

Did you notice any obvious effect on proc rate of TF or hh effect? That's the main question I guess...
    No. This would likely require an extensive parse, which I was not set up to do, and don't currently have the time to do. I just did a couple minutes at the GH test dummy and some subjective observations from the brief time I've been able to raid with the weapon.

Thread Information