Thread: Next Gen Consoles PS4 and Xbox One

Administrator OMFG I Post Too Much

Default Next Gen Consoles PS4 and Xbox One

anyone paying attention to the FIASCO Microsoft is doing right now with Xbox One?

if you are interested in buying one of these two (or the WiiU) this fall, do yourself a favor and read up on what is happening.

Xbox One.

mandatory game installs
    Mandatory 24hr check in online- IF you lose the internet for more than 24hrs and cannot "check in" you no longer can play games on it until it "checks in"
    NO game rentals
    atm NO game Reselling- except to authorized dealers
    NO game Loaning- you are thinking about the latest (insert random retail game) and want to borrow from your friend to try it out, you Cannot.

no private reselling- you can "give" the game..to a friend, if he has been on your friends list for a month. after that, they can get the game

Kinect Required to be connected at all times.
    currently no easy way to disable kinect.

latest rumor has xbox live gold being required to all buyers.

I saw the Reveal of the One a month ago, it looked nice, my son saw it and said "Cool"
    i want that

then this DRM crap exploded...i told him flat out, unless MS changes the way they are doing this,,,no way in hell we are getting this. if SONY follows suit with the PS4- not getting that one either, however sony has said you never have to go online with the ps4, they are being very tight lipped about DRM -if any- is going to be on the system, with how MS's reveal is going, they'd be STUPID to not capitalize on this, they'd "win" E3 this week by Default if they just showed a game sizzle real of upcoming games, revealed what the system looks like, the price (399 tops) and Said..unlike Microsoft, to play games on our system, you insert the disk, and play the game, you never have to go online, unless you want to, if you want to loan the disk to a friend, loan it to him no problem if you want to rent from redbox or gamefly, no problem.

bam sony wins.
    Lenardo

Look up You May See Stars Tonite

Lynch Park

Microsoft just announced the price

$499
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yeah...im not in a hurry to go next gen honestly. I've played with my PS3 a lot more then my xbox the last year or so, but neither the PS4 or the xbox one are really selling me because of all the crap the industry is putting in that has been proven dozens of times over just to cause problems (DRM, always on etc).

it might be hard when the exclusives start coming out..im already pissed that they are bringing back killer instinct on the Xbox one, but even if it looks great, its not worth buying an entire system for. Right now i MIGHT get a ps4 on release, but only if its taken queues from people hating on microsoft right now and doesnt screw people over.

Probably better off just picking up an extra ps3 / xbox 360 and suffering through the long cold video game winter with used copies of old games until they come to there senses.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

OMFG did Sony troll microsoft last night at the end of their conference, then they took MS our back and beat them like a red headed stepchild.

ps4- better overall specs than the one (more powerful gpu/faster ram-same CPU.

DRM? what DRM? sony is about how YOU want to play YOUR games-disk only games not direct download digital.

No online checks
    No restrictions on who you give or sell a game too
    No need EVER to go online with the system for single player games
    no mandatory installs

sony did a video showing the procedure on how to lend a game to a friend...they showed a guy GIVING THE GAME TO HIS FRIEND.. and went, that's it.

then they went for the jugular.

Price...$399.

only "bad" thing was they require PS+ for multiplayer games now.

which you can get for 5 bucks a month(or take advantage of deals can drop to 3 a month for 15 months) but ps+ gives you 2 free games a month.
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yup. Sony gonna win this X-mas in sales i gaurantee. Xbox may have some exclusives that will eventually make me want to get one, but I think im going to pre-order a ps4 as it seems a much safer bet.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

From inception, Playstation > xbox.

Microsoft just doesn't get 'gaming'

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

I won't be in this race. I haven't seen anything yet to make me want to get either. I do think though ms just my crucify themselves this round with drm and always online stuff. I'dIf it truly tanks as a concept it'll set back the corporate drm movement back a ton which is cool.

The whole Xbox one concept is flawed... They want to be the one hooked up to your tv and in theory that's cool except it's not a cable box/dvr so very initially fails at their primary objective. That and I'm not into the Kinect and never have been. They want it always on so at any given moment you can give voice commands and gesture commands... Shockingly no one in the development has realized for navigating a desktop environment or scrolling menus and channels we already have the most efficient devices... A mouse, keyboard, remote even a game controls. I don't want to live in the world idiots are in the majority flailing their arms about to prompt a channel change instead of solely using your thumb or a finger to produce the sand results

Ascendant Ashenhand

Looks like Microsoft finally smartened up a bit...
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...ction-mandate/
    Microsoft backtracked today on its much-derided policy that would have required Xbox One gamers to connect their consoles to the Internet once a day to prevent game piracy.
    Microsoft faced a huge backlash when it announced the policy, just before the E3 video game conference earlier this month. Then, the company said it would allow gamers to play offline for up to 24 hours on a primary console, or 1 hour if they were logged onto a separate console accessing their library of titles. At that point, offline gaming would have been disabled until players re-establish a Web connection.
    "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback," Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment Business, wrote in a blog post.
    Mattrick's post offers an astonishing about-face for Microsoft.
    "After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again," Mattrick wrote. "There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360."
    Microsoft also reversed its policy with regard to game resales. The company had planned to let game publishers set the rules for reselling games to retailers, something that a regular Web connection would have allowed. Game makers could have restricted the use of games on more than one console, or required a fee for reuse. Microsoft had also planned to limit gamers ability to share titles with friends, allowing them only to give a disc to a buddy who has been on their friends list for at least 30 days. And even then, each game would only have been able to be given once.
    Those restrictions have been rescinded as well.
    "Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today," Mattrick wrote. "There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."
    Updated with more details and analysis at 2:07 p.m. PT.

yep MS just did a complete 180 on everything they said they were not going to change.

they did remove the family share thing and the just loginto your account and play thing.
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Enlightened Grandmaster

So now we just have the better hardware at $100 less to influence buying...

Ascendant Ashenhand

I'm still not going to touch it for awhile. These changes dont sound trivial, i imagine that they will be doing day one firmware upgrades to turn off these things, and i think waiting for a bit for them to rip out any bits of hardware related to these options would be a better idea.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warriors - Balanced

update on the sharing thing...

1 HOUR,,,that is how long a "family member" could play your shared game..

ie it was a glorified DEMO setup- family member DL's full game then can play for an hr, then it locked you out/sent you to the store to buy it....

rumor running right now is MS is going to drop the kinect requirement.
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Thread Information