Thread: Swarming

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default Swarming

Swarming is a very useful tool for us in regards to exping. But its an art and takes practice. Just like anything, Repitition is the mother of mastery. The only way to get good at this is to constantly push the envelope to find your limits. Which, in this game means dying, probably alot. But such is the process of refinement i guess.

At lvl 100 I am able to swarm a little over 100 mobs in Warrens. But lag is an issue for me when pulling beyond that. I mostly was AAing in Feerrott though and was only able to pull about 40-50 and depending on my technique I would still die on occasion. usually from a mis click.

I made a hotbar specifically for swarming and I found using shaded step helped me to be able to kill more mobs in my swarm and also allowed me to maximize my dps by having the mobs in a tight group so my swarm was more effective. Previous to shaded step I would run the mobs in a circle a few times in an attempt to create this tight group, hence the term swarm I assume.

In a typical swarm I would tag all the mobs and about 10 sec before reaching my pull spot I would click Zan Fi, IoS, Third Spire and Eagles Balance. Then once I was stopped and in camp I would click my epic and BP clickie. Once i was hit by the first few mobs and was at about 50% hps I would click Shaded step which would give me 18 seconds of Invulnerability. I then use mend and also Destructive force.

Now, at this point IF im in Feerrott, the mobs have alot more hps so I would use Terrorpalm to help take a chunk of hps off the mobs. I have 18 sec of being able to do this without fear of taking damage ( normal ripostes being potentiated by Terrorpalm and Destructive in combo) so it is helpful. As Shaded Step fades I quickly stop my Terrorpalm and hit Whirlwind. Destructive lasts around 36 Seconds so that leaves enough time left to be used with Whirlwind which lasts 12 seconds. By this time Mend is about ready to use and there maybe a a few mobs left to finish. This is the part where it is dependent on your gear and aa of what you can handle. I sometimes find myself cleaning up by using Forestall Death and Heel / Speed along with Heal potions.

If im not in Feerrott and Im in Warrens I dont need to use Terrorpalm as the mobs dont have enough hps to survive the Whirlwind being used directly after Shaded Step.

For mini swarms I have found that using only Shaded Step along with ZF, IoS, and Third Spire etc even with or even without Terrorpalm around 40-50 mobs can be done in Warrens.

I know I missed some stuff and alot of monks have refined this technique better than me so feel free to chime in on things im over looking or simply not smart enough to realize. Id be interested in hearing how others do this and hopefully be able to improve mine as well.

-Ken

Ascendant Stone Fist

I didn't think destructive force lasts that long (36s).

Default Re

Yeah, I may be off my a tick. I remember it being either 30-36 seconds.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Can you tell me what 2 hander your using? Curios if this is doable with the Regal infused player made.

Default Re

yeah im using the T1 2hb from North Tov. its 270/33 and I have the 16 dmg aug so its 286/33.

-Ken

Use the VT riposte mod cloak? I love mine

Default Re

Would it help when using WW? Your already riposting every attack.

I rarely use WW due to the long recast.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Have you parsed the number of ripostes using that cloak?

I'm also curious how much the 8% mod helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoho View Post
    I'm also curious how much the 8% mod helps.
    Probably not nearly as much as some raid gear

Thread Information