Thread: Returning Monk Questions/Suggestions

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Returning Monk Questions/Suggestions

hello all, I left back in 04 era, came back in 08 for some time before life got busy again. When i left i was 70 with mix of Anquish/Defiant gear. A friend threw me in his fellowship and when i came back my monk is now 86 i guess from him playing it part time.

I am looking for just casual play advise. I have no desire to rush to max level/end game. My job has me on call 24/7 so i just want to login kill some things and enjoy the game. With the newest expansion out RoF my buddy says he has a bank full of makeable gear he will give me at 92. My monk currently has 1200 AA.

My initial idea is level up to 92, get suited up in this RoF gear he has (complete set he says) and then drop down into older expansions to work on my AA and relearn my character. Is that a sound idea? He showed me some links of the non visable items and the stats seem insane to me lol.

I also have a question about a box toon, i have a second account that has a 70 sham and 70 bard. With the new mercs that are out, which would you run with ? I know shamans have always been a staple, but i was sort of thinking with the bard i could just use two mercs ( tank/cleric) and leave him afk with melody on.

My friend is an end game raider and i have no doubt he would be willing to catch me up, but i would really just prefer to get to a point where i could solo or box and have fun and catch up the past 5 years at my own pace.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Getting to 92 first makes sense to me. Not sure on box, thought I use a shaman.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Use the shaman as the box for Slow. Bard can slow some but if you are just planning on AFK melody you won't be slowing. With shaman you can still use a cleric and a tank merc.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Getting to 92 and then AA is a fine idea to have.

The gear upgrades will definitely increase your abilities and make things overall more enjoyable for a very casual type of play.

I would suggest just doing the expansion progressions. It is something that you will be able to box and something that you can drop at any point if you have to rush out.

Start with SoD and go from there. There are some pretty good tasks to do in UF that give big hits to AA up till about the 3k mark that are rather easy as well in pellucid and lichen and you could do those daily.

As far as a box, I still prefer the Shaman. I have both and to me the shaman is just more convenient. It is still very simple to box if you hotkey it up. Slow the mob, then hit a key that does the proc buff and DoT's.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Just a note on "hot keyign it up" with the shaman.

My hot keys are...

Hot key 1) Assist, send pet, cast slow, AA malo, cast Talisman of Lion (or whatever it is now).
    Hot key 2) AA Slow (just in case first slow bounced it should be maloed now and you can use AA's during spell cool down.
    Hot Key 3) Canni, Dot,Dot,Dot,Dot
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if having the shaman along with a cleric merc was the best route. I was thinking the bard would add more dps.

Thread Information