Thread: Epic 1.5

Ascendant Stone Fist

Default Epic 1.5

Can anyone remember/tell me if the 1.5 had the glowing graphic that the 2.0 has? Is there any visual difference between the two? I'm trying to pre-plan for epic ornaments, debating if I want to go with:

Cookies/cookies
    cookies/tonfa (l33t demi monk)
    cookies/glowy purple fist
    cookies/1hs
    ???

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

no glow on 1.5 just has floating cookies, i can show you in game if you want as I haven't finished my 2.0 yet (for the third time) lol

Ascendant Stone Fist

I'm at school and can't (or couldn't, until I downloaded my VPN program thingy) get on allas because it's blocked for malware or some shit.
    (edit: meaning I can't log into EQ)

Someone on the EQLive boards is saying they're the container type ornaments and you can have two at once. Anyone have any thoughts on weapon setups?

Sidenote: If I could, the only real combo would be 2.0/Erilynne, but I was not lucky enough to get one last yet
    Last edited by Maereax; 03-06-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I'm at work so can't show you either, would have to be tonight or somesuchs.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Oh. Well, if I can get multiple 2.0s, that doesn't matter. But I might hit you up for that.

In other news... why have you not finished your 2.0?! Slacker!

Quote Originally Posted by Maereax View Post
    Oh. Well, if I can get multiple 2.0s, that doesn't matter. But I might hit you up for that.

In other news... why have you not finished your 2.0?! Slacker!
    been trying to level... 2.0 is easy could probably do in a couple hours...

Ascendant Stone Fist

Ehhh. Seems kinda like slack to me...

Ascendant Ashenhand

Going to go with 2.0 Primary, Shinai secondary.

Currently using Shinai x2 and Staff of Transcendence for 2hb.

For whatever reason I just did not like tonfa when I had it back in demiplane days.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I'm the exact opposite. I wore the Shinai from getting it while my monk was still an alt being built doing open PoTime raids allllll the way through anguish raids (I main changed to the monk and joined a guild that had already cleared and was farming anguish). We had FFHW drop from AMV for every main full member monk/bst and then they just stopped when it was my turn. I waited for I think six months for it to drop and finally ended up replacing it with a tonfa shortly after. I HATED that weapon just out of spite that I had to wear it so long. I've never worn another weapon for as long as I had to wear the Shinai.

The dude that was a badass and made me want to make my monk wore 2.0/tonfa for a long, long time, and it has been one of my favorite weapons in the game (just below 2.0 and Erilynne(Mayong is my favorite NPC and his sword is badass = tied for favorite))

I've got ball of sunlight/shinai right now, I like it, not a fan of the purple haze.

I like the purple haze look. (I like the red better, though.) That said, I'm using 2 BoS ornaments ATM. Don't have a 2h ornament ATM, as I like the look of what I have, but when I do, I bounce between SoT and Planar Scorched Combat Staff.

When the Ring of the Five Ornament came out, I thought that would be an awesome off hand with 2.0. It appears to be 5 gold rings circling around your hand, same style as 2.0. BUT, it only looks that way in the preview, for some reason. When you actually equip it, it circles *through* your arm and in front of your fist.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I started with 2x BoS, but it just looked... off. I like the purple fists, especially with my new red skele illusion. Would take red or black (or blue/white like the color of our epic particles, ooooh...) over purple, though I'm not complaining about the purple.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I'd like the Prismatic ball again from Crytallos.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I don't know what these look like =(

Flashing Prismatic Knucklewraps? I've had the same thought: use one of those, and one BoS.

Monk Disciple

Do any of the ornaments look like the old battle fists from tactics? or fist of captured magic?

I see you mentioning "purple haze".

I tried the ball of sunlight, and ended up going to back the shinai.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Purple haze, if you're asking, is a purple smoke rising from fists. I've seen it on some toons, and I think I'd prefer the black smoke from the UF weapon, though I can imagine how it might be cool with a red sklelton illusion.

Someone photoshop some purple smoke in so we can all check the look:

Ascendant Transcendent

Ball and Shinai here. Will likely go 2.0/Ball.

Apostle Master

Can anyone remember/tell me if the 1.5 had the glowing graphic that the 2.0 has? Is there any visual difference between the two? I'm trying to pre-plan for epic ornaments, debating if I want to go with:

Cookies/cookies
    cookies/tonfa (l33t demi monk)
    cookies/glowy purple fist
    cookies/1hs
    ???
    Demiplane, those were the good days...

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by tanecho View Post
    Demiplane, those were the good days...
    The best days, imo..

Ascendant Ashenhand

It was not the best of times, but it is where we peaked (some would argue TSS but I think we were already slowing down then). So for MONKS it was as good as it was ever going to get, we have been going downhill steadlily since then.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    It was not the best of times, but it is where we peaked (some would argue TSS but I think we were already slowing down then). So for MONKS it was as good as it was ever going to get, we have been going downhill steadlily since then.
    Trooth. TSS was big for us because of clawstrikers being moddable. It replaces dragon fang and leopard claw or whatever, but those two were DD's whereas claw was melee hits that were effected by discs/aa's/buffs/other shit

The best days, imo..
    I agree. Although, I still think GoD was the best expansion ever. Demiplane close 2nd. The rest are as bland as Ykesha

Ascendant Transcendent

Quote Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
    I agree. Although, I still think GoD was the best expansion ever. Demiplane close 2nd. The rest are as bland as Ykesha
    Aside from the fact that GoD had absolutely nothing for groupers and created the first mass exodus from the game. Maybe it was great for raiders, but it sucked ass for groupers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yyevil View Post
    Aside from the fact that GoD had absolutely nothing for groupers and created the first mass exodus from the game. Maybe it was great for raiders, but it sucked ass for groupers.
    I really beg to differ.

When GoD came out I wasn't a raider, I was a grouper (level 56) and I had tons to do and it was very challenging and fun.

The time between GoD and Omens was the best time I've ever had in the game. Omens just turned on easy mode imo.

Ascendant Transcendent

Quote Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
    I really beg to differ.

When GoD came out I wasn't a raider, I was a grouper (level 56) and I had tons to do and it was very challenging and fun.

The time between GoD and Omens was the best time I've ever had in the game. Omens just turned on easy mode imo.
    You didn't spend all your time in Dranik in OOW then.....it was anything but Easy mode in group gear.

Beg to differ all you like, I stand by my opinion. If you were in full LDoN gear as a grouper, there was nothing in GoD for you but the augs from Tipt/Vxet, and maybe some rare items from the sewer missions if you were lucky and if you could finish them.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Gates was just before I went raider and the big problem with gates of discord was the attack rating of the MoBs. They were much higher than simalar NPC's of similar level. Which did make it more difficult for groups of none raid gear people. Basically almost everything in that expantion hit for the max everytime and many normal NPC's were quad attacking which at that time was fairly rare for normal NPC's. I was maxed out in ldon gear at the time and I rarly did much in gates. Joined a raid guild finally when OOW came out and got to see all the raid stuff of it then since it was still farmed at the time.
    Ghost of Xarrais

Monk Disciple

Plus they admitted GoD and OoW were supposed to be a single expansion and GoD was tuned for lvl 70 ...

Gates was hands down the best expansion they ever made. I loved it and I've been hung up on it ever since. Nothing just has compared to since.

Apostle Master

PoP. lots of progression, you get to fight all the gods, etc. I am also biased as this expansion is where I first raided full time, I got to pull basically the whole expansion for my raid guild.

Thread Information