Thread: VoA T4 vs RoF T2 H2H Weapons (Raid)

Monk Disciple

Default VoA T4 vs RoF T2 H2H Weapons (Raid)

Has anyone done some "extensive" parses how they compare?

I was dubious if RoF T2 weapons really provide more DPS despite their higher ratio compared to Kral'Sek which is 1 dly less than the available RoF T2 raid weapons.

Finally I found some time to do a couple "short" parses (about 15 mins each) to check if my doubt would prove right or wrong.

Parses were done fully raid buffed with FoF running the hole time, so basically perma HH15.

Kral'Sek in mainhand with Qulas' Fiery Katar in offhand came off about 300 DPS lower than vice versa.
    So I would assume the ratio advantage already outweighs the lower dly of Kral'Sek in this setup.

I know to really have valid base for assumptions longer parses with different discs etc would be required so I'm curious if anyone else has done some more extensive testing already to validate my findings?

Monk Disciple

I have yet to get a RoF weapon so no capability to parse for me. But basically it is going to be very dependant on your buffs and cleave. The more benefit you get per swing, the more beenfit you will get out of a faster delay weapon. I suspect at this point that I am probably part of a small but growing movement of people focusing our gear choices on HStr, Cleave and anything else that can squeek out more dps... so we are just meh on dps not out rght shitty. Once I get a weapon I will do the parses too.

I think what you will find and hear is that SOE's random number generator is so shitty that you really need to do 8+ hour parses to be sure you are looking at real statistics (vs just good or bad luck). But I am betting with nothing but seat of the pants to support it, that I am going to get damn little gain from RoF 19 delay weapons over the VoF 18s.

Which is what 300 dps is % wise over our stock 12-14k dps (shitty improvement). Though to be fair what you want to parse as a comparison to be totally fair probably should be both 18s compared to 19main/18 off and 18main/19off...
    Rten/Frank

Monk Disciple

Well, reason for this comparison is that there are no two 18 dly weapons currently a "high end raider" would consider using I guess. So upgrading the VoA T4 19 dly offhand to RoF T2 is a no brainer.
    Real question why I did this parse is to find out if holding onto the 18dly VoA T4 actually provides any DPS benefit over 2x 19dly RoF T2.
    To account for max cleave stacking, which would benefit lower delay weapons the most - also since I went that route if you check my magelo - I decided to do the parse with perma HH effect to emphasize this effect.
    While I will not argue that the RoF weapons barely are a DPS upgrade at all they are at least no DPS downgrade compared to keeping the VoA 18dly weapon it seems.
    And that's what currently would matter to me personally when considering upgrading to 2x RoF T2 - if not for a real DPS upgrade but at least for some more AC and HP even if minor at best as long as it's not a DPS downgrade.

So far I have been holding back but I guess I'll grab another RoF weapon if it comes along my way.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I have two 20dly rof t1 weapons. I swapped one out for a Voa t3 18dly weapon and my dps parse went down. I never got the t4 weapon.

Thread Information