Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monk Concerns & Bugs

Apostle Master

Adding to my concerns:

Discontinued primary DPS lines (Drunken Monkey / Cloud of Fists): We will summon green pets with cloud in next expansion and drunken monkey has not been upgraded since UF. Neither is something that will scale with new gear.

Additional irritation: I don't have access to rank 3 of either because I raid now and not 2 years ago.

Monk CRT Disciple

Not a huge deal but figured would add to the list of concerns, the discs astral projection and crane stance being on the same timer.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Anyone want to help me clean up this thread with updated information? If so please let me know.

I'm falling behind on my info with my baby so I'd like to make sure this post includes accurate information for our community.

Monk Disciple

Our disc and AA development are working at cross purposes now.

Eagle's Balance is meant to be an upgrade to Tiger's Balance, but the Wasp debuff makes the lower level discipline better.

Changing Eagle's Balance into a straight upgrade and having it do Tiger Claw attacks would be nice. It's silly to have non-upgrades available, it's like a trap for people who just don't know better.

Summary: Please change Eagle's Balance into Improved Tiger's Balance with Tiger Claw attacks.
    Rasputyn

How are monks doing since SoF? I'm still kicking the bucket at 95, been really busy with the baby so hoping others can provide feedback.

Ascendant Transcendent

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputyn View Post
    Our disc and AA development are working at cross purposes now.

Eagle's Balance is meant to be an upgrade to Tiger's Balance, but the Wasp debuff makes the lower level discipline better.

Changing Eagle's Balance into a straight upgrade and having it do Tiger Claw attacks would be nice. It's silly to have non-upgrades available, it's like a trap for people who just don't know better.

Summary: Please change Eagle's Balance into Improved Tiger's Balance with Tiger Claw attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
    How are monks doing since SoF? I'm still kicking the bucket at 95, been really busy with the baby so hoping others can provide feedback.
    Aside from the issue mentioned by Rasp above, I generally like where we are. We still have to do MORE clicking, manipulating and timing than any other class to get our DPS out, but at least we can compete now when we optimize.

I'd still like to see 8 step separated from Synergy, as it is in the same state as the Eagle/Tiger issue with an upgrade never used because Synergy is always superior. Why they even keep giving it to us is beyond me.

DM click-able while other discs are running like Synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yyevil View Post
    Aside from the issue mentioned by Rasp above, I generally like where we are. We still have to do MORE clicking, manipulating and timing than any other class to get our DPS out, but at least we can compete now when we optimize.

I'd still like to see 8 step separated from Synergy, as it is in the same state as the Eagle/Tiger issue with an upgrade never used because Synergy is always superior. Why they even keep giving it to us is beyond me.

DM click-able while other discs are running like Synergy.
    Aristo said that the 'step' line would be discontinued as of RoF beta. This was before the changes in SoF.

Ascendant Transcendent

Aristo said that the 'step' line would be discontinued as of RoF beta. This was before the changes in SoF.
    Ok what am I missing? We still got a lvl 99 10000 Step Pattern or whatever they are up to now. So I guess you mean it will be discontinued after ROF?

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Ok what am I missing? We still got a lvl 99 10000 Step Pattern or whatever they are up to now. So I guess you mean it will be discontinued after ROF?
    I believe what Ned is saying is that since the step line was already in the RoF beta they chose to keep it in but the line will no longer be upgraded in future expansions.

Eight Step is the last one according to Aristo in RoF beta.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Bugs:
    -intimidate skill: Elidroth confirmed last year this skill is bugged, we have yet to see patch notes indicating that it was fixed as it is impossible to skill up or max outside of using points obtained from increasing your level when you spend them at your class trainer.

Updated Nov 2, 2012.
    It can currently be raised - but it appears to be through successes, which are extremely rare. I'd last capped the skill during the HoT expansion, and got back to game earlier this year. I was able to cap the skill using a level 30 mob (Exterminator Glurg in Oggok, same guy we used to use him for damage testing prior to the dummies). Had to have non-weapon items in both hands to avoid riposting him to death, time wise took somewhere in the 30 to 40 hours range just get from the cap for 85 to the cap at 100. All I was doing was hitting the intimidate button - nothing else.

I would spend literally hours without seeing any skill ups, and go for very long stretches without a success.

In the classic game (back when level 50 was the cap) - I was able to routinely "fear kite" Allizawasurs (sp) (aka Godzilla in OOT) using Intimadate (and a fungi tunic to regen while running form him). So even as compared to old school info - the rate on success is really really low.

I do not believe it works on anything over level 70 - ever.
    Last edited by Autumn Dawnfire; 07-26-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: to clarlify when fear kiting used to work

Ascendant Stone Fist

I did some key bindings with that and disarm. Both maxed out without me doing anything special.

Can we work together to update this thread? No updates since mid-2013. Anyone have a current list of issues with the class?

Our discipline timers need to be shortened. Our burst dps needs to be increased. We need more h2h AAs to bring h2h up to where blunt is.

Enlightened Grandmaster

In my opinion, the biggest concerns are for all melee rather than specifically monks, and those need to be addressed first and soon. There are plenty of threads appearing on the 'DB' forums (then disappearing), and actually Ned has replied to some of those. I have to say though, I really don't agree with his opinion there: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i....219051/page-3

I think also monks disc timers need shortening, to be more in line with other melee, as Sav says. For where we are on dps, we are not too far off, but before this gets looked at any further, that AE bug needs to be looked at. Either change monk DF to work like zerk/rog AE, or vice versa. No point changing anything else before doing this long overdue bug fix.

Solo/molo survivability - personally I thought monks were more tankish than the other melee classes (well they are...), and that monks and rangers were 'light tanks'. Given ranger bulwark and weaponshield in particular, a ranger by far outshines monk as a tank. We need to have this looked at. We need more than earthforce/impenetrable.

I'd kinda also like an assasinate/decap type ability, now that it is more useful, especially for revisiting old content to complete tasks etc...

A more personal gripe of mine, which I know many don't agree with, is that I think they need to change that slow proc belt (Usasium) to work for monks! eg make it work off dodge, and restrict further by class.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggememnon View Post
    I think also monks disc timers need shortening, to be more in line with other melee, as Sav says. For where we are on dps, we are not too far off, but before this gets looked at any further, that AE bug needs to be looked at. Either change monk DF to work like zerk/rog AE, or vice versa. No point changing anything else before doing this long overdue bug fix.
    We can only pray that it's one of these, and not what devs said was the intended effect. (That is, the duration being one tenth what it is now.)

Solo/molo survivability - personally I thought monks were more tankish than the other melee classes (well they are...), and that monks and rangers were 'light tanks'. Given ranger bulwark and weaponshield in particular, a ranger by far outshines monk as a tank. We need to have this looked at. We need more than earthforce/impenetrable.
    I'd place aggro above this on this wishlist, but I wouldn't turn down something one the Eye of the Storm timer, similar reuse, similar duration, that's geared toward defense/mitigation.

A more personal gripe of mine, which I know many don't agree with, is that I think they need to change that slow proc belt (Usasium) to work for monks! eg make it work off dodge, and restrict further by class.
    Sadly, the devs have said this is intended and not going to change. (WHY is still in question, last I knew. They didn't explain that part.)

Thread Information