Thread: Solo PoTime

Monk Disciple

Default Solo PoTime

Hey guys, first attempt at posting a guide as it were. I recently found out that PoTime instance was soloable, so I figured I'd give it a go. Its the raid that I've done the most and I was in a guild that beat it before GoD came out. Anyway...

You can get the instance started just by clicking on the tucked away sundials in PoTime A. takes a moment, then you can zone in and start. I'm just gonna hit on the highlighted areas of my tour. Not a complete guide as i'm assuming everyone has been there before.

Btw, i'm lvl 88 w/ 2900 AA. about 45k hps unbuffed. I had some left over buffs from guild lobby when i started this. by the time i got to RZ, Inny and Quarm i was down to just my own clickies. obviously, no merc is allowed in zone.

Phase 1 is rather tricky. you have to be able to zone out on your own after each mini area. i used origin and gate potions, there are five areas and origin doesn't pop fast enough to get all of it done in the hour you're alloted.

also, if you don't finish the whole raid in one try, you always have to do phase 1 over. which kinda sucks. more gate pots.

the first 3 phases, before the gods, is pretty simple. highest con in the whole raid (to an 88) is green. even quarm. really had no difficulties with anything in these.

the gods:
    VZ was a bear. he makes you FD and has a really long stun. his adds come around 50pct iirc. when they spawned on me, i was losing health fast. i had to run out and FD. i was at 8pct health. i'm not sure if its in the script, but when he reset his adds despawned. Mend popped and i ran back in. It was a really long fight, being stunned and all, but after his adds were gone it was just a matter of time. (no pun intended)

Terris Thule and Saryn are pretty much the same. lots of adds. i found the best way to do it was to pull to a corner and use destructive force to knock down some of the adds. I did these on different sessions. Tallon Zek was pretty simple.

On to the next 4. CT and Bert were cake. didn't have any problems at all. RZ was much easier than i thought it would be. as the adds spawned, i would switch off and kill them. other than that, nothing really interesting.

Inny was second to VZ, on the scale of difficulty. His adds never spawned, if they had i would've lost. He hits hard and has a ton of hps. I was actually worried about the adds, because i didn't have a plan on how to deal with them.

then Quarm. i popped my steadfast servant for this fight. not sure how it would've went without it. the vortex guys take your attack speed down to 50 pct. they don't hit hard but they have a ton of hps and respawn over and over. best just to ignore them and use special attacks to take down the big guy. It was a long fight but i was never really in trouble.

in closing, this was really fun for me. I just kept thinking it used to take 72 well organized good players to do what i was currently doing. It was a nice trip down memory lane.

Shadyen

Ascendant Stone Fist

I never did pop raiding, so I would need a complete guide, probably. heh

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorkeyah View Post
    I never did pop raiding, so I would need a complete guide, probably. heh
    what server are you on? im sure there are monks out there that would walk you through it and duo it.

A few notes.

Phaze 1 - If you use the illusion-through-doors trick (push against the door, cast illusion, push more, click it off) you'll pop through the door (clock face) and, because P2 isn't active, you'll be ported to the zone out. It doesn't save you having to zone, but it does save on gate pots and saves time running back. (This is the same area you get to if you evac. Clicking on one of the headstones there will port you to Time A.)

VZ - Focus on VZ himself, not the adds. They have as much hp as he does, and once he's dead, they'll despawn shortly if you drop aggro. (We used to kill VZ then have everyone run to Saryrn's area, the adds would tether, drop aggro, and despawn.)

Inny - This actually makes me sad, I used to enjoy his adds. For who knows what reason, they decided to remove them when they put Fabled mobs in PoTime. They did that for both normal and fabled, and the adds never were put back in. Don't know if this change was ever explained, but don't expect them to spawn at all when you do this.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
    what server are you on? im sure there are monks out there that would walk you through it and duo it.
    Povar, but it's not a big deal. -It's not a priority.

Thread Information