Thread: Need some help for dmg

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Default Need some help for dmg

I recently came back to EQ after 8 years off. I rolled a new monk, and 95 and raiding. We're currently working on T2 HoT and have done VoA t1 3 times to move to t2. My biggest issue is my damage output. I've read the posts using IoT, 2nd spire, zan fi etc., but I'm still confused about clicking off buffs or whatever to get huge flying kick damage etc. Is there anyone out there that could hook me up with some knowledge?

If you want to talk with me, I'm on the FV server.

Kurre (not rofer)

Thank you ahead of time.

edit: I need help on gear/augs. I haven't done a magelo, and frankly, I would be embarassed to.
    Last edited by rofer; 07-31-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Ascendant Stone Fist

re: but I'm still confused about clicking off buffs or whatever to get huge flying kick damage

That's only if you have a VoA tunic. When the tunic click fades, you get some extra high damage kicks. The only reason to click it off is if you want to make sure those kicks are triggered while you have a damage disc going. It's not a big deal really.

There used to be a bug with drunk monkey and cloud of fists where you'd click DM off to reset the cloud timer so you could trigger it again, but they fixed that bug.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Thank you for the explanation.

In what order do you do your discs to sustain dps over longer periods of time? Do you start with speed/iot/2nd spire/zan fi or how do the majority of monks do it?

Thanks again!

Ascendant Stone Fist

Always start with the best dps stuff and work down because if you end up dead before it's over you will have at least helped as much as possible. Exception would be if you're saving the best stuff for a more important phase, so you use other stuff on earlier phases.

I use the speed focus combination, then diamondpalm, then heel. Can also use ironfist/cranestance quickly, then click off ironfist and go to something better.

Ironfist with crane can land two 300k hits with a bit of luck, but after that ironfist is not much of a dps boost, so click it off and use the better stuff unless the fight is going to last a long time in which case you might want to let ironfist run it's course. Also, ironfist has a relatively long recycle time, so on trash you might combine crane with thunderkick instead (thunderkick and ironfist share a timer, but thunderkick is 10min recycle like crane is).

Thread Information