Thread: MechWarrior Online

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default MechWarrior Online

Finally rebooting the IP. www.mwomercs.com if anyone is interested. One of my first online games growing up was MPBT-Solaris. Nice to see the franchise get going again.

I should be in the beta starting July 10th. I will keep you guys posted if anyone is interested.

Ascendant Transcendent

We played back in the day on GEnie when Kesmai ran it. I was in House Liao. Looking forward to this one.

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

Neat! Now, let me live in my Mech and customize the interior!
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

So MWO is still closed Beta. I am in the Closed Beta and subject to an NDA so I am limited about what I can say. I think the videos give a good sense of the in-game stuff. I will say that I am having fun and the community has been fantastic. Lots of mature gamers who seem to know what they are doing. So far, so good.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I thought about doing the pre-order to get into the Closed Beta... but I couldn't justify spending the money on a game based upon the 1 or 2 videos.

Although I do have pretty much the entire MechWarrior library of PC Games, starting with "BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception" that I played on my C64 in 1988.

Administrator OMFG I Post Too Much

cough gotta love NDA's

i'll be making movies etc as i learn the system (which will not get posted until open beta)

i'm installing now

got it running i had to update my directx files

and i need to redo the controls since i am a right hand direction left hand mouse person..maybe a gamepad/joystick
    Lenardo

Look up You May See Stars Tonite

Lynch Park

Ascendant Ashenhand

*cough cough*

Ascendant Transcendent

Appreciate the Jason Youngblood reference. So, I hope *cough* they are paying attention and make this more strategic, like MPBT: 3025, instead of just skirmishes. There is tons of room here for expansion and improvement.

Ascendant Transcendent

The game is a good 'mech combat game. I've seen worse. It's about to go open beta on the 16th or so. Teamwork counts, strategy counts. You can customize your mech, within limits. There are some quirks but I'm having fun. Pardon my rant but it's better fun for me right now than GW2 or D3...WoW is a distant memory in the gleam of Ragnaros's eyeball.

Anywho, give it a try.

Thread Information