Thread: Mainhanding ratio/dmg?

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Talking Mainhanding ratio/dmg?

I see a few monks wielding spikeshell 118/20 MH(perhaps because BLs stole the /18). If given the choice, would there be a dps difference between 118/20MH & 106/18off vs. 106/18MH & 118/20off?

with +10 dmg aug, 128/20 is a big hitter (comparatively) for monks. kral'sek is very fast. I recall a while back a discussion about ratio is more important that speed nowadays.

so, given augs in the right spots (with +10 & +8dmg aug),
    128/20MH (6.4 ratio) & 114/18 off (6.33 ratio)
    or
    116/18MH(6.44 ratio) & 126/20 off?(6.30 ratio)

Which would be better dps setup?

the second setup barely eeks out an advantage in ratio. (not counting the bonus poison dmg on kral'sek for simplicity)

We're working on Sep3 ATM, i expect it to be on farm within a month. Sep 4 and 5 will take a bit longer.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

116/18MH(6.44 ratio) & 126/20 off?(6.30 ratio) is better

128/20 is pretty damn sexy tho...

Apostle Master

If you can only get one of the end game weapons, you want to get the lower delay weapon. I haven't seen parses of the two best weapons in VoA yet, but parses run on the best weapons in HoT and the T3 weapons in VoA were done and suggested overall it didn't matter much which hand you held the weapons in IF YOU HAVE BOTH. If you can only get one, however, you definitely want the lower delay one. The lower delay end game HoT weapon put out 500 more dps than the higher delay end game HoT weapon. I would assume the end game VoA weapons will show a similar difference though parses to verify would be great.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?t=37149

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?t=36510

Personally, if I had both, I'd put the faster one in primary unless actual parses gave me a reason not to.

i'll eventually get both, just have to fight the diet-monks for them

Ascendant Stone Fist

I've done parses. I'm not in a position to access them yet; maybe tomorrow, but tier 4 18 / tier 4 20 is 50ish dps more than tier 4 18 / tier 3 18.

Don't be fooled by big flashy numbers; unless ou want to be fooled then by all means be a fool.
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

Monk Disciple

Kajok I believe your numbers but it is depressing... I am using T4 18 delay and T3 18 atm... and I was optimistically hoping for more of a dps increase when I finally get the T4 20... And considering my 7 Cleave augs having a flat add per hit.. I may not even get that as I swing fewer times. *Sigh*
    Rten/Frank

Thread Information