Thread: wru endurance

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default wru endurance

background:

i do wu just out of habit and if i'm boxing i don't have rng buffs. does that even matter anymore?

i keep up DMS but i let it run it's duration and don't click off anything other than FK.

i only use stunning when i have synergy on.

i use pets every time they are up. maybe if i'm really paying attention, i don't click it if mob is under 20 percent.

i have severe endurance issues. i can imitate and respite and use that 20 minute disc to get some back here and there but on events like sarith, i'll be ooe before priest is dead. i try to destroy my keyboard and never slack on trash so i'm burning a lot up there on events where there is trash and my guild's dps is nonexistant but yeah, i'm kinda in a pickle.

maybe i stop using DMS? maybe i stop using pets?

any thoughts?

Ascendant Stone Fist

It's mostly DMS that's chewing it up. The ID and respite should keep you running, unless you forget -used to happen to me sometimes on one SS event. You could always skip DMS on trash.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

I don't use pet or dms on trash. I run with Zan Fi everytime it's up, but try to time it so it will be up for boss.

I use everything whenever it pops, I save ID for reprieve and once I hit 30% endurance I hit ID everytime its up so that I can reprieve even if I'm at 28%.

Taken

Quote Originally Posted by sensei savager View Post
    I use everything whenever it pops, I save ID for reprieve and once I hit 30% endurance I hit ID everytime its up so that I can reprieve even if I'm at 28%.
    I do this also. Even doing the minimal of things seems to drain the endurance so it's not very recoverable unless you sit out of combat and regain it. Which, if you are wanting a fast pace exp group or are on a raid isn't very realistic IMO. Becomes more about how do you manage your endurance with the uitilities given and not so much being worried that you are always sitting between 20-30% endurance.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training jorekil's Avatar

Make certain you use druid skins line for buffs...It has +4 endurance regen on it.

The new VOA chest Emblem of Illdaera has +2 endurance regen

The AA Heightened Endurance will give you +1 endurance regen per level

The AA Hardy Endurance will add 50 endurance per level.

Monk Disciple

I think any monk can burn through endurance, but how much endurance you start with is an important component. Can you link an up to date magelo? And our monk channel sort of joke is that you can tell which monk is slacking by the fact that they have endurance. I do not ever use the partial insta refresh, instead I use the Reprieve spell, RK 2 refreshes 1338 endurance a tick for 9 ticks (~1 min) up to a max of 25% of your endurance. I know it probably goes without saying, but to use it you must be out of combat... so I use Imitate Death, click Reprieve while FD (no need to stand to cast it), then stand and keep on dpsing! The refresh is 90 seconds on Reprieve, and ID is ~2 ish minutes. Basically I can get pretty low befor ID is backup, but I use EVERY clicky ALL the time. Now this works for me based on my endurance pool... if you have 20K endurance, then 25% maxing at 5K is not going to cut it. But if you are even reasonably close, to well group geared, you should have a LOT more than that. And when you are talking Event 5 in Sep which lasts for freaking ever AND I routinely die at least once in the middle to bad luck or someone not having aggro... then you start to realize that this plan also works on res effects as a way to power back in with 0 endurance after a res.

Rten/Frank

PS And since I made the mistake for a long time, I share with people the reminder that Drunken Monkey has like 30 seconds left on the buff when the icon is available to reclick... and being a spaz for a very long time I would reclick it on availability, which wastes TONS of endurance... so be smarter than I was!

PPS I do not use Wu's, as with todays buffs and AA's it just is not very useful at all is my belief.
    Rten/Frank

Ascendant Stone Fist

Wu's doesn't do dick for monks with ranger buffs, but it will help your groupmates, from what I understand

Monk Disciple

I *believe* all pure melee are virtual maxed on double attack. So the benefit is to people that as a raider you are VERY unlikely to be grouped with... Net effect is that I do not use it. But the only detriment to using it loss of endurance, so if you have plenty and are a happy twitchy button masher... more power to ya!

Rten/Frank
    Rten/Frank

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

hmmm...well

if your end bar is empty, you're doing something right! no joke here...

if you want to manage end better though, what other's said, if you stop using pets on trash that should help significantly because the end on those is way too high.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

PS stunning kick doesn't cost any end

Thread Information