Thread: D3 AH warning

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default D3 AH warning

When buying legendary stuff you can use the filter to find some of a particular legendary item, but before you buy

at the bottom type in the name and find and click the desired legendary. When you do that it find all of them. I've been able to repeat it. It's not a big deal but I bought boots that were coming up as 200k as the cheapest, then later I looked them up by name a tons auctions for cheaper came up.

So I tried with other legendaries and same thing happpens

So there seems to be an issue with the stat filters filtering out legendary items when they shouldn't. You might be able to use this info to make some gold... idk just letting you guys know what I found

There is a 46 page limit. There were likely more than 46 pages of that item. It doesn't filter intelligently, so you may not have gotten the cheap stuff the first few times around. You can replicate this by setting a filter for 100 int, then changing it to 99 int. The difference is small yet the results pulled up are completely different. I set a maximum buyout to avoid this usually since that'll filter out anything over my desired price leaving more room for cheaper items.

It's more than that, I did some more looking if you don't hit to sort items by buyout more auctions will be there sometimes then when you click to sort they poof til you re-search for the legendary and don't sort again.

There seem to be lots of little bugs and ect

example search
    (insert legendary name) lets go with bob's sword

Name Bid Buyout
    Bob's Sword 25g 1100g
    Bob's Sword 11g 1800g
    Bob's Sword 35g 9000g
    Bob's Sword 15g 8000g
    Bob's Sword 65g 2000g
    Bob's Sword 10g 500g

If you click the arrow on buyout to sort it then some of the items on that unsorted list don't make it over. I have been able to recreate this several times now.

So set your buyout price LOW and lower but don't always sort if you want to try and get some cheap auctions that slip through that sort bug crack

Ascendant Ashenhand

The whole thing is a mess, really. It's going to be hilarious if/when they actually connect real money to this.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Real money isn't gonna go well imo. Stuffs been around so long already and people alreayd have millions upon millions of gold in some cases. I can get 200kish clearing act 3 hell, 50kish clearing pony lvl on hell.

Only two ways things are gonna happen; 1. real money is gonna flop big time b/c there's already a huge influx of gear etc, 2. real money will replace the gold market making gold auctions disappear.
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

I'm kind of thinking blizzard is going to create a ton of jobs for stay at home moms and dads that just play the game.

I'm sure third world farmers might wreck it, but if done right this game could have a surprisingly large economic impact.

There is no doubt in my mind TONS of casual player will absolutely pay something like $1-3 bucks for a pretty good upgrade of a weapon, $5 or more for something that is just amazing. People are paying REAL cash for meaningless fluff for their Iphone games... I think those people and a lot more will have no problem throwing a couple bucks a week (much less than an MMO subscription) into the D3 economy. If blizzard will do some real content updates, stay on top of balance. I think they'll end up making a lot more with this real cash economy than they do for wow on per player scale.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Yes, but unlike the iphone, there are ingame methods of achieving said things.
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

I don't know the ins and outs of a lot of the microtransaction games, but the few I have messed with cash can give you something you can't otherwise get by doing stuff in the game, but tons of games a buck or two is just a shortcut to getting something you want and it seems to be a something people are willing to do.

And in a lot of ways it does make sense. It just another dollar to play another game of pool or air hockey, another quarter or more for another game at an arcade

Our generation (of gamers) was MADE out of a childhood full of micro transactions just now instead of doing them at an arcades that have since faded and mostly died out they got smart enough to offer us them in the rest of our games.

Apostle Master

Cool story brah?

Taken

Dont know if this helps or not, but my buddy who plays D3 said that the AC looks to have some kind of cache. So when he searches for something once, he gets a list. and if he searches the same thing, he gets the same results. If he searches something else, then goes back to the first query again, he'll get the same results he did the first time. Only existing and coming back in appears to correct it, or slightly modifying the query.

The above may have just been how he was filtering, think he had a price quote included. I dont play or know much about D3, but thought I would pass this on.

Thread Information