Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diablo 3

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhidharma View Post
    Found this on a review of the Real Money Auction House:
    "(Blizzard takes a dollar from every sale, so it's impossible to sell an item for less than $1)."
    1.25 is the min

Ascendant Ashenhand

Someone I know sold something for 250 and they got like 211 net.

What the hell is wrong with people? Who is buying this shit?
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Yes Bodi, you can buy gold on the RMAH.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    Someone I know sold something for 250 and they got like 211 net.

What the hell is wrong with people? Who is buying this shit?
    it is a rather confusing question isnt it.

So you buy with real money so you dont have to farm for the ubre item that will let you farm for ubre items so you can more easily farm ubre items.

Okay....i kinda get that.

However. if your so invested into a game that your willing to do this, what do you do when you have the ubre equipment set? what purpose does it serve other then showing off your e-peen....ahhhhhh i think we have hit on it.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Ashenhand

Isn't $250 the max size your b.net wallet can be?
    And what the heck did he sell that someone would pay $250 for it?

Ascendant Ashenhand

i dont think thats the limit of your wallet, its the highest amount they will let people sell individual prices for on the RMAH.

as for who would do it? People use to sell EQ / Wow characters on ebay for thousands of bucks.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Ashenhand

Just found it, $250 is the cap of your wallet:
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...ctionality#q17

Is there a cap on how much I can have in my Battle.net Balance?
    Once your Battle.net Balance exceeds $250 USD (or equivalent local currency), you will not be able to post new Battle.net Balance auctions until you spend your balance below that amount. In cases where your Battle.net Balance significantly exceeds this maximum (as the result of a series of especially high bids for items you posted, for example), you will be instructed to create a PayPal account in order to receive the proceeds of your auctions less a 15% transaction fee (in regions where PayPal is available).

So they take a cut when you sell something and then another cut when you withdraw the funds?

That's pretty shitty

Ascendant Ashenhand

If you spend the money directly from your bnet wallet on things like games or subscriptions, they don't take that 2nd cut. But I agree, they're pretty much double dipping, but what can you do? People are free to not use the real money AH, but I bet enough are that Blizzard is making a hefty chunk of change from both cuts.

So yeah I basically couldn't work up the motivation to play d3.

I didn't like the way I was being forced to play my witchdoctor, but I read they might have fixed Some of the problems in the last update. So going to see how it goes

I gave D3 another shot this weekend and I like playing it again

They patched and basically fixed all the issues I was having with the class. The pets do not get one shotted. The small pets take a quite few hits and keep the mobs off me, and the big pet with the long cool down can actually tank. They buffed a lot of the spells so you don't HAVE to choose the one primary that was worth a crap, same for the other categories.

In general, on the forums there doesn't seem to be a one build to rule them all at all. It seems as long as you are not trying to gimp yourself it's way more about the playstyle you want use, and stringing together the right skills to optimize that goal.

I am not a super farmer, or crazy with the KILLS per Second type of player in this game.

I prefer not to have to retreat, and I really don't like to die... I lose interest in playing when I've ever spammed died. That's why I can't play the multiplayer games. So many people just run, and die and win through attrition when I have tried them.

I also don't want to just sit there doing nothing or minimal damage and be bored.

So I probably have a summoner/dps build. Tons of things on the screen at all times. I don't have the escape spells most high end WD have... which would probably drive most of them nuts, but I am able to wade into the fights and I don't have to fight and studder step myself away like I've seen many higher dmg/higher efficiency players do.

Right now I have 3 zombie dogs, 1 gargantuan, when I cast I have a helm that proc 2 mimics pop up that can and do get and they cast aoe slows on the ground. Also 3 slime blobs that chase and dmg the mobs (they can't take hits) but it's nice for a couple of reasons.
    In my game it's an uninterrupted madness across the screen during a fight. Besides doing tons of damage on their own the bright neon green slimes show me where the bad guys are in the mess. Also if there is a mob off screen they start to crawl to them so I know where the next fight/wave is coming from.

Lastly the AH has been changed. They made it so you can search for a lot of stats instead of just the 3. It makes the whole experience much faster. I know you don't HAVE to ever use the AH, but before if you did want to use it, it was a LONG time consuming ordeal. Now a couple of times I have just been able to pop in and out of there with an upgrade or finally knowing about how much to sell what I have in a couple of mins and be on my way. No more scrolling through endless pages so far

Ascendant Stone Fist

Dude, post that parser link you told me about ;p
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

http://www.bios-gaming.de/d3dps/?

forgot, just just import and done

Thread Information