Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Default Diablo 3

This game is taking over my thoughts and my life.

Pros: Most everything about it.

Cons: Online only DRM turned just the way I expected it to. Random disconnects, unstable servers, maintenance every 4 hours and server restarts.

I think the first play through is much better and more fun than diablo 2. I can't comment on re playability of diablo 3 which is what MADE diablo 2.

Ascendant Ashenhand

So far im not seeing anything thats going to keep me from playing through the game at least 5 times (one for each class), maxing out a character...quite possible. farming for ubre items...eh..not so sure. Depends on if blizzard treats this as a wow game and is planning to provide the occasional update to add to the game in some ways. (like a new area, maybe DLC, new monsters) or expansions which im sure are in the works.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Apostle Master

It's a lot of fun so far.

I waited until the 16th to download it to avoid the inevitable online issues. I personally haven't had any problems with battle.net yet. I would highly recommend it to anybody on the fence about getting it. The monk class is great.

Ascendant Transcendent

So a bit unstable right now, just pay $60 bucks and maintain an internet connection, no RMT auction house yet but hella fun play so far...I miss anything?

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

Interface is a bit wonky and dated. I'm all for the Diablo nostolgia of point and click and hack and slash, but a customizable UI is pretty standard now. It's not a deal breaker, but even Boulders gate gave me a few options when it came to portrets.

I'm having fun, but I expected more of the little stuff to be more polished.
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Ascendant Stone Fist

Monks are WAY OP in D3 lol.

Btw- Octave#1982... hit me up~
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajok View Post
    Monks are WAY OP in D3 lol.

Btw- Octave#1982... hit me up~
    Only through hell and only when abusing a bug with Sweeping Wind + Fists of thunder.

Inferno is a different ball park. 43000 HP, 66% damage reduction, 40% all resists, 51% dodge (31% with MoH), 22% chance to block 2500 damage and I get destroyed in 4-5 seconds against elite minion packs in act 2 inferno WHILE abusing said bug.

Reroll wizard or demon hunter for inferno Acts 2 - 4. It's possible to do it with barb/monk, but it's extremely UNFUN to spend 10 minutes kiting to kill shit. And no, skipping everything and running straight to bosses like Method did doesn't count as clearing inferno.

The game is horrendously balanced and is stacked against melee. Nothing new really, WoW is very unfavorable towards melee as well. The simplest fix is to add an internal CD of 1 second to desecration, fire chains and arcane enchantment. There is NO reason something should hit me for 5k damage 6 times in 1 second, I can barely react to that much damage.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quick note... in the options, you can turn on advanced tooltips (shows actual number values on skill abilities) and "elective skills" or something like that. That lets you put any skill on any slot, including adding multiple skills of the same "family" on different buttons.

Ascendant Stone Fist

That's the only way to play. The defaul skill setup is too limiting; customization is the only way to go.

Kajok is still a dick.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Athilik View Post
    Only through hell and only when abusing a bug with Sweeping Wind + Fists of Thunder.
    Do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Maereax View Post
    Do tell!
    Fists of Thunders with Quickening rune.
    Sweeping wind, pick your favorite rune.
    Mantra of Healing with boon of protection OR Mantra of Evasion with armor rune.
    Passive that heals when you use spirit.
    Passive that coverts dex to armor.*

That's the basic outline of the build.

Sweeping wind cannot crit, but when you crit with your auto attack sweeping wind will proc the quickening rune for some reason. This causes you to have infinite spirit due to how quick sweeping wind tics. Stack that with MoE's massive defensive stats or MoH's bubble and you can get some absurd healing + survivability. You can cake walk your way through late nightmare to act 1 inferno.

A2 Inferno crushes this build and most all others. The only melee class to legitimately clear inferno was a barb. He had 75% armor, 70% resists and over 50k life if I remember correctly.

*Never ever ever ever go without this passive. Armor is the single best stat in the game. Period. It reduces ALL damage, not just physical. The difference in survivability between 40% armor and 55% in hell is very noticeable.

Ascendant Transcendent

I'm on the fence...hmm...anyone have a guest pass key they can PM me? Thanks.

Hearing claims that melee were supposed to have a hidden -30% incoming damage passive on inferno and it wasn't working. Same source also claims it was fixed today. Either way I'm not getting destroyed instantly against ground AoEs anymore. Now I actually have time to get out of them. So now I'm actually putting real effort into progressing act 2.

EDIT: Probably some silly rumor. I can't find anything stating there is such a passive. Either way something was changed since I'm not being killed before I can react.
    Last edited by Athilik; 05-22-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Ascendant Stone Fist

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1214-...pi-blue-posts/

It's there, scroll to the end of the post in the "Blue Posts" section. I'm on my phone and the stupid thing was giving me trouble trying to copy/paste it.

Ascendant Stone Fist

They also apparently nerfed one of our mantra of healing runes today

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

I just got d3, can you really not even start playing without an internet connection?

I ask because my authenticator is boxed up somewhere, and I don't see a way to bypass the battle net login

Well it took a while but I found my old authenticator

Apostle Master

Yes, you need internet to play single player. Lame, I know.

Kajok I was actually thinking the wizard was the overpowered one. I made one right around when they nerfed them. I'm only 25ish so far, and teleport was a letdown, although I can see how that will be useful later with the right rune. It's just not as fun as it once was, and you seem to get stuck on any little thing, and cooldown is ridiculous. Demon hunter can zip all over the place though.

Ascendant Transcendent

Yes, Demon Hunters can zip all over, and they are fun to play and put out tons of damage, but as soon as you get warping bosses or ones that pull you back to them you get one shot, a lot. I was playing with a Barb friend who can stand toe to toe with most stuff; we got teleporting frogs with firebombs, chains, and freeze thingies, and holy cow it was a deathfest. They are so fast, there isn't enough discipline available to keep jumping around to get away. Fun game though, having a blast even if I am dying my way through the game a lot of times.

dude you can't play the single player game when battlenet is down for maintenance? this is getting pretty shitty fast I don't think I'll be buying anymore blizzard games. I'll just get the cracked single player version...

so I'm not totally throwing a bitch fit, I do like the battlenet name thing. I think that was a nice idea instead of having to add XXXX numbers or symbols to get something close to the name you want

Found a pretty cool d3 HC Inferno kiting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PEyk63UaBI4

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by ryum View Post
    Found a pretty cool d3 HC Inferno kiting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PEyk63UaBI4
    *facepalm*

You have dishonored your monkly heritage sir!!
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Chongdamonk View Post
    Yes, you need internet to play single player. Lame, I know.

Kajok I was actually thinking the wizard was the overpowered one. I made one right around when they nerfed them. I'm only 25ish so far, and teleport was a letdown, although I can see how that will be useful later with the right rune. It's just not as fun as it once was, and you seem to get stuck on any little thing, and cooldown is ridiculous. Demon hunter can zip all over the place though.
    Indeed; I made one but didn't get very far before I started my demon hunter. I've only played solo but my demon hunter is lvl 49 and just entered act 4 nightmare. It was mentioned earlier but they are OP if you can kite. I do massive dps wiht my double crossbows, but trap me in a stairwell or tunnel and its dying over and over until my death grenades kill the group.

Kajok is still a dick.

"OP" scale:

Demon hunter > Wizard > Witch Doctor* > Barb > Monk

WD is arguably the best at soloing, but they are pretty bad in groups.

Barb used to be the worst, but monk has been nerfed every single patch despite being underpowered. Their MoH "buff" this last patch actually works out to be a nerf. Now there is no reason to EVER use MoH outside the resist rune. It was supposed to be a 1800 HP heal total, now it's a 900 bubble. The rune that replaced boon of protection is even worse. 180 life on hit? What are they smoking?

Monk is giving me vanilla paladin vibes. SO happy I jumped ship to wizard. Wiz has almost caught up to my monk and it only took my 24 hours.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I dont think monks are so low on the OP scale. I've read about some damn good monks soloing beleil on inferno . sure we appear to be on the top of the nerf list (again) but i think its just overcompensation due to them being really the only group buff class and they would rather nerf it hard now and inch it upward to keep people from clearing inferno so quickly. Sure it sucks but its on par with WoW clerics or druids getting buffs hit hard with the nerfbat because they are making entire raids much easier then they should be.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warriors - Balanced

Hah monks are already the laughing stock of the game, much like melee assassins in D2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdO0r...ature=youtu.be

Too true.

For comparison: 70 hours on my monk. 35 on my wizard. My wizard is already clearing stuff my monk had to stop and farm for 20 hours to do. Hell my wizard has 19k HP. Think about that. My monk had 30k going into inferno and 40k when I sold his equipment. My wiz has 19k. It's not even fair how awful melee are compared to ranged. It is possible, but all the high end monks are parking most elite packs in corners because they cannot kill them. Kripp is the only barb I know of that doesn't do this, but most of the gear he initially started with was farmed with DH and Wiz friends.

I'll admit I am butt hurt.

EDIT: I'll be a little more helpful than saying reroll. If you want to clear inferno as a monk you'll need a few things:

1. The ability to kite really well. Yes as a melee. Kite.

2. One with Everything passive. Use this to hit insanely high resists by stacking all resists + a resist of your choice.

3. Large amounts of armor, 6k is a good starting point but aim for 7k+. In this vein the dex to armor passive is a requirement as well since 900-1500 of your armor will come from it.

4. A shield.

5. Serenity, Breath of Heaven and Mystic ally actives. Ally is largely to distract while you kite. It isn't needed, but ally + enchantress is extremely good at tying up 4-5 mobs.
    Last edited by Athilik; 05-31-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Enlightened Grandmaster

I really like the DH. I'm really sick of dying if anything so much as looks at me though.

Ascendant Stone Fist

DH survivability is shit in Hell past act 1.

Kajok is still a dick.

Apostle Master

How to cancel your auction

Cool story bro

Ascendant Stone Fist

Squeeking by in act 2 inferno with my DH btw! Someone get here cuz most the people I'm finding are either idiots or staying for 1 checkpoint then bolting.

I know I'm putting more faith in you guys than random people and it's out of character for me but deal with it~

Kajok is still a dick.

Ascendant Transcendent

I am duoing on my DH in act 2 inferno with a barb friend, and frankly, I die less than him now. He just melts and falls over to most elite packs and some types of trash, and I end up kiting stuff till he can run back and distract them again. He is seriously frustrated and almost at the point of quitting. HUGE damage and hp increase from act 1 to act 2 in inferno. I get one shot by almost anything that touches me.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Chongdamonk View Post
    How to cancel your auction
    They have the AH times running off the client PC?! Haha. Geeze. I'm guessing they've patched that stupidity by now?
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Apostle Master

It's patched out now.

The Real money auction house is pretty insane right now. $250 items? Curious what you guys think about how that's going.

Kajok I'll try to set aside some time to get online with you. Life is pretty hectic at the moment. You'll have to roll a noob because i'm not even in Nightmare yet. lol.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Seeing 250 dollar auctions is not surprising. these are the same morons who thought people had earned enough gold within the first 3 hours the game came out to buy a level 15 item for 5 million gold.

Seeing them and getting that much are two very different things.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warriors - Balanced

I've made like 5 bucks selling stuff I would have got 30-50K (each) gold for. I didn't know blizzard was going to take a dollar per transaction though... D3 is going to be their most profitable game ever

Ascendant Ashenhand

They take a percentage don't they? Not a fixed $1? Otherwise if you make an auction for $1, you'd get $0 and surely that doesn't happen.

I sold a crappy ring for 1.25 and I got .25 out of it... I just laughed

Ascendant Ashenhand

Found this on a review of the Real Money Auction House:
    "(Blizzard takes a dollar from every sale, so it's impossible to sell an item for less than $1)."

Ascendant Ashenhand

Can you buy/sell gold in the Real Money Auction House?
    I haven't logged into D3 since it went live.

If so... that seems like it would really shut out all the gold sellers... or give them a better avenue to sell.

Thread Information