Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Question about First/Second Spire

  1. #1
    Apostle Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default Question about First/Second Spire

    Since Tiger's balance was introduced, has anyone done any tests to see if pairing first spire with it and another damage disc (diamondpalm or ironfist) is a more significant DPS gain than pairing second spire with speedfocus and infusion?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Ashenhand
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tanecho View Post
    Since Tiger's balance was introduced, has anyone done any tests to see if pairing first spire with it and another damage disc (diamondpalm or ironfist) is a more significant DPS gain than pairing second spire with speedfocus and infusion?
    Nothing could make first spire useful (well mabe a mythical weapon with a 1 million damage proc and a 400 proc mod).

    Second spire on speed focus is the way to go for dps.

    Thrid Spire is the way to go if tanking stuff.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    We use second spire? I thought zan fi was more damage?


  4. #4
    Apostle Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Second Spire stacks with Zan Fi.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Hahahahahahaha

    I'm a massive noob


  6. #6
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Where you get into a stacking issue is with the combination of 2nd, zanfi, and drunk monkey. My understanding is that zanfi adds nothing if you're already using both 2nd and drunk monkey.

  7. #7

    Default

    No wonder Maereax is always on the bottom of parses

  8. #8
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei savager View Post
    No wonder Maereax is always on the bottom of parses
    Hey. Hey now. I'm like... the only melee dps without t4 weapons and I hit top 12 if not top 10 during parses. Don't be a hater because sep2/3 are jewbag events


  9. #9
    Monk Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    159

    Default

    So, what are the definative disc clusters for the soloing group geared monk?

    I currently use these as stacks:

    1. IOT/Second Spire/Zan Fi
    2. Diamond Palm/Tigers Balance
    3. Drunk Monkey/Ironfist/Crane Stance

    I tend to use speed focus with 2hb but rarely stack it.

    I generally run DM whenever i can as well.

    Any suggestions for improvement?

  10. #10
    Ascendant Ashenhand
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallon View Post
    So, what are the definative disc clusters for the soloing group geared monk?

    I currently use these as stacks:

    1. IOT/Second Spire/Zan Fi
    2. Diamond Palm/Tigers Balance
    3. Drunk Monkey/Ironfist/Crane Stance

    I tend to use speed focus with 2hb but rarely stack it.

    I generally run DM whenever i can as well.

    Any suggestions for improvement?
    Speed focus should be stacked with IoT/Second Spire/Drunken Monkey

    Don't use 2hb with speed focus.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

  11. #11

    Default

    /\ That

  12. #12
    Apostle Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Also using Diamond Palm + Synergy + Crane Stance is a nice burst since the Synergy debuff modifies Crane Stance.

  13. #13
    Apostle Master
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vothsisx View Post
    Also using Diamond Palm + Synergy + Crane Stance is a nice burst since the Synergy debuff modifies Crane Stance.
    Ironfist is even slightly better with VS and Crane.

  14. #14
    Apostle Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I always forget about that disc though...

  15. #15
    Monk Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Thanks for that, what do you use zan fi with, or do you just pop whenever you can?

  16. #16

    Default

    My duo 310k's was during an ironfist and crane burn

  17. #17
    Ascendant Ashenhand
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei savager View Post
    My duo 310k's was during an ironfist and crane burn
    Laugh, since I have been close I will hazard a guess that they were Ironfist and Crane and Shaman Epic and Drunken Master (while on the flying kick boost). Honestly not sure if Infusion stacks with that for Crane but I know I was running it when I had mine also.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

  18. #18

    Default

    I probably had everything running including glyph since it was before the nerf to event 5 in sep so it felt like everytime I could disc I could use glyph with it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •