Thread: Well i got into the Beta

Administrator OMFG I Post Too Much

Default Well i got into the Beta

on MY account-will have a further update as both brenda and i have impressions as we play the class- Brenda LOVES the female Pandaren Character Model

Latest videos from my new Lennardo- Character Creations and The Emotes for male panda's - oh yes they fixes the male roll animation too

and-once it finishes processing:

http://youtu.be/HRmpnb2pP00
    Lenardo

Look up You May See Stars Tonite

Lynch Park

Ascendant Ashenhand

*grumble*grumble*...why does blizzard hate me when it comes to betas? I've been so loyal....*cry*.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

MY SON Is pissed, he isn't in the beta yet, i expect the beta for him probably in the next group
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

2005, ~5 years sub time and I signed up for the AP a few months ago. No invite yet. I got a buddy who's within the first few months of WoW's release, day 1 AP and 6.5 years sub time. No invite for him either.

I honestly think it's random at this point.

Enlightened Grandmaster

I got in the day before yesterday. Got my gnome monk to level 20. Fists of Fury and Flying Serpent Kick are all kinds of awesome.

bug i have right now is,,,no stances, i have tiger stance and that is it, i am mistweaver i NEED serpent stance

oh and the chi lightning channelled spell...

AWESOME..it's prettym uch all i use,,, a few clobbers to build chi, paralys and then lightning- dead.

sometimes touch of Death (win!!!)
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Enlightened Grandmaster

What server are you on, Len?

found the problem, its a weird one..

my spec does not stick.

i spec'd mistweaver and logged-after 30 minutes of playing due to having to take kids to martial arts...log back in ...and i am not specced anymore.

of course not playing now because i am stuck...due to the ground spawn bug i cannot progress.
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Enlightened Grandmaster

I just move zones when I hit that roadblock. So far I'm getting about 5 levels per zone.

just a few thoughts from over the weekend and playing a level 85 premade panda in tank spec for normal leveling...

they are-imo - overpowered for leveling and frankly there is nothing that can be done to fix, all the panda specs are like this, not because of anything in particular, it is the skill set they have access too-all specs

typical mob

open with 2 point opener(~20-40k damage), use "jab" then -provided not on cool down- by then it can use the "your dead" button and whack the mob for 180 THOUSAND damage in one hit(WAY OVERPOWERED IMO) sure its cool and all that but DAMN..(long cool down prevents it from being game breaking-plus you cannot use in pvp)

then there is if that is on cool down- ae fights:"

2 point opener. 1 point 1 point then 4 ae spinning crane's by then everything is basically dead i do another 2 pointer and finish off the ae mess.

don't get me wrong i really like the class.

at 85 with all the tanking stuff, i am frankly overwhelmed with the options and have not done any dungeons as of yet to test my tanking prowness, but so far i like the potential.

healing/dps spec level 85, again same issues vs normal mobs, and again i am learning the spec being overwhelmed with options for healing/dps.

i really need to just study what i can do and adapt, i am used to my shaman where i can - without ANY add on(healbot etc etc) assistance- heal dragon soul decently on 10 man/do any of the random dungeons easily.
    (5 buttons-after drop totems- riptide rain healing wave, chainheal greater healing wave if needed.) unlike pure int builds for healing buffs etc, i went for spirit (so i never use the cauldron of battle flasks-it only does int) but with mana tide combo, i can -while still spam healing "lighter" damage go from 0 mana to 100k mana in about 45 seconds.

my secret? healing wave. with my mana Regen as a shaman - if i use mana stream totem- i GAIN ~1000-1500mana as i cast -nonstop.

during LFR's deathwing last fight i can using my regen go from ~10k mana after 3rd tentacle ~100k mana just running from the 3rd platform to the 4th via riptide and dropping manatide on getting to 4th platform (i have trinket that does 10stack of spirit for 10sec- riptide is 7sec cooldown so i use that 4 times on myself on run)

feel of the beta- except for the assholes the feel of the new game zones i have been in has been really good, i like the art style, and the feel of the pandaran areas.

plus i love the panda emotes/models they are the best in the game to date-they HAVE to update the original game models, this is not an option they SUCK compared to the later models.(they are good models but REALLLLLLY DATED)
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

latest beta turned on pet battles,

wife and i will most likely be trying this out tonite
    on her hunter she has something on the order of 100 noncombat pets....
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

and they turn off pet battles, "not ready"

patch yesterday made the client EXTREMELY crash prone, enough so that i could not stand playing the beta, i'd crash about once every 2 minutes(or less- a few times i crashed seconds after logging in)

Brenda -who has ~130 or so pets on her hunter, well the new pet window said she had ZERO pets-they were all listed, but she "didn't have any" my son's char - he has ~30 pets, none- my shaman who has 50ish noncombat pets- had all of them
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Quote Originally Posted by Lenardo View Post
    and they turn off pet battles, "not ready"

patch yesterday made the client EXTREMELY crash prone, enough so that i could not stand playing the beta, i'd crash about once every 2 minutes(or less- a few times i crashed seconds after logging in)

Brenda -who has ~130 or so pets on her hunter, well the new pet window said she had ZERO pets-they were all listed, but she "didn't have any" my son's char - he has ~30 pets, none- my shaman who has 50ish noncombat pets- had all of them
    She'll need to transfer her toon over to beta again, using another character copy. I believe they reset live character copies, but not templates yesterday.

I hope today's maintenance fixes the crashes. I finally got a premade monk to go through the other day and I can't even test their healing! I was so looking forward to it too.

bit of an update since it has been almost a month

my wife's hunter is almost level 90 on beta and she likes alot of the changes to her class

i have been focusing almost exclusively on the dps monk and find the class very enjoyable, though the range for being able to JUMP using flying kick imo needs to be shortened

why?

cuz damn you can go far using it as a "get away" option/swim really fast option.

for instance swimming, i get in the water and, swim...slowly, so what i do is jump into the air and while in the air hit..flying kick, bam i go 100 yds in movement before hitting the ground-faster than anything except charge, and charge only moves half as far -if that.

another FUN bug atm with hunters...Silithids.

currently in beta it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill a hunter with a silithid out. why?

a level 89 hunter with a silithid out has around 3 MILLION hp(silithid itself has around 2 million hp) grouping with a hunter with a silithid out (my wife being the hunter) i had 3.1 million hp-

touch of death is AWE INSPIRING with that many hp.. lesser bosses in mogushun palace- first boss fight event (you fight 3 bosses one after another)- currently i can kill in 5 seconds or less (every other one) because touch of death...can instantly kill a mob if it has LESS hp than you...i have 3 MILLION hp... the little bosses have less than that. bam 2.7 million instant hit damage, i just giggled.

the silithid buff is SUPPOSED to raise stamina by 1870ish but what it does is raise your stamina by...1870 PERCENT...so if i have 1000 stamina... with a silithid out i have 1870000 stamina...
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

WTB videos of monk in battle action Lendardo

i can do that, but first

Pet Battles:

only a few people can do this in beta atm...

i am one of them

http://youtu.be/mXreCDEpSQs
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Lenardo

Lynch Park

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

wtf man how are you going to leave that pet video off on a cliffhanger like that

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lenardo View Post
    Thanks man! When is the expansion going to be released? I got a new notebook coming and I can't wait to start playing WoW again.

Late July at the earliest to early September are best guesses based on the length of previous betas. My money is on late August; November if they feel the need to push it back. I doubt July is even possible now considering their current beta build isn't a release candidate, raids have only just been released for testing and they'd need a couple weeks from going gold to release.

Beta isn't in a terrible state anymore, but it is still pretty buggy. O and optimization is god awful atm. My new system is pulling 25-35 FPS in the beta in empty areas. Yet on live I can pull 150+ FPS in empty areas, 50+ in org on Illidan (Most populated server in the US).

in beta,

While doing fraps movies i am locked at 30fps- pretty much everywhere- btw i have more movies coming. not doing movies i am at 40-60fps essentially everywhere.

as to the cliffhanger pet battle fight, i won, lost the daily quest rematch with her with the same pets so it is not an "instant win" type fight. my wife is pissed because she cannot do pet battles- and she is the one with WELL over 100 noncombat pets and WANTS to do it, and YES it has a VERY pokemon feeling too it.

still cannot beat my son, he went and hunted up a level 24 pet battle pet and beat me with that vs my group.

as for release.

i am thinking sept-nov time frame personally, there are still places where graphics are wonky, still places where i can WALK under buildings, still places where i fall through the world, many bugged quests, etc.

plus pet battles still needs work, tonite i have to get a stronger pet to kick my son's butt. bastard has a level 26 pet now...
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

well they realized that pet battles were avail to some people in beta - and fixed it(ie i cannot do it anymore).
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Release date is a minimum of August 21st since the cinematic is being shown at gamescon. That's unrealistic though since preorder bonuses haven't been revealed and aren't being taken. Looking like October to November now in my opinion. August will see a release date announcement, September it will go 'gold' + 5.0 patch, then it'll release a short while after. That's my final prediction.

they just announced that patch 5 will be going to the ptr "soon"

for cata how long was it on ptr before live?

~2 months right?
    Lenardo

Lynch Park

Thread Information