Thread: 90 monk, no idea how to max solo/group DPS, help please

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default 90 monk, no idea how to max solo/group DPS, help please

A couple caveats- my main is a magician, lvl 95/5k+ aa, well over 400 days /played since Feb 2000. The magician is at a point in VoA group game where I am nearly done with everything I wish to do, so I want to start playing my alt monk (lvl 90, 1500 aa, have not played monk since August, before that extremely sporadic play on monk- mostly solo lesson burns).

Monk has random pieces of HoThule gear from all levels, around IIRC 43k hp/4800 AC buffed. Currently using SS h2h and Fear h2h (both group). I plan on playing monk primarily solo, working Alaran language missions, and occasionally in a group setting.

With regards to DPS and AA/discs... which ones should I be getting? Which order should I hit my discs/AA? What stacks, what doesn't?

In other words, I just don't want to turn /autoattack on and do nothing else. I have been out of monk game for a long time, and need some basic pointers please. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ascendant Stone Fist

This thread talks about how to maximize dps on a burn:

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?t=28149

I hate the AA question because I'd have to be looking at what you have already to know what I would get next in the same situation. Simple answer is get everything. heh

There's a couple things that are a waste, and some that have better return than others.

Thanks for the link!

But I am also wondering what I should be doing when not in a burn situation. In a standard xp/aaxp mob kill. I would think Flying Kick would be used whenever it is refreshed, and IIRC I was spamming Dreamwalker Synergy whenever that refreshed.

But what else are monks doing on a standard mob kill? Is there some AA/disc that they use on a group mob kill, whether it be one time or spamming it as it refreshes? I like the burn link, but was also hoping for pointers on non-burn as well...

Ascendant Ashenhand

Non burn use Zan Fi whenever it is up, flying kick whenver it is up, use veilwalkers whenever it is up and the mob is over 10 percent health (will vary with group dps but you want it for the start of your next fight), use stunning kick as often as you can but try to time it so it hits when veilwalkers effect is up.

I save infusion for named.

If you have end to burn use drunken monkey and cloudl of fists often.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Monk Disciple

Ughbash is correct, I set my hotkeys up like this on my main bar

ATK, FK, SK, Synergy, DM, CoF

so once attack is on I work my way inwards, CoF first, then DM, Synergy, SK and FK, refresh as they pop back up and saving Synergy if SK is nearly refreshed

I map auto attack to ` on the keyboard to save 1 button, then hotkey cloud of fists on 1, stunning kick 2, FK 3, synergy 4, mend 5 and FD 6. Then ctrl + qwerty are on the next hot bar, and there I have zan fi, epic, and a few more specialized hotkeys - crane stance and all that crap that goes before it for named, shuriken, and drunken monkey. I'm usually mashing 1234 though as they come up.

Thread Information