Thread: Those in serverwide last night.

Default Those in serverwide last night.

Those of you who were in the channel and remeber me moaning as my guild done temple and people failing the jump/purity stone part, time after time.

Well to put my pain into context of how annoying this was, there was 28 failures during the 1+ hour it on just that phase. Thats 28 times it regen'd 25% lol

Thats an extra 700% life we killed until we killed them lol what a joke.

Then to top it off, AB crashed as we opened the chest shortly later.

NO loot or flags lol

Not to mention many of them were double fails at like 10-20% health

Monk Disciple

Our Guild Leader basically made the statement that we were tracking all failed emotes... and if you were a chain failure, you were going to be punted from the raid... RT and to a lesser extent Rubak made this rule happen for us. I think a combination of avoding ADD people in the event, and everyone being aware of it made the issue go away (for the most part). Granted I failed a purify emote... got to love getting the emote as you die and then failing to run and get it cured.

Rten/Frank
    Rten/Frank

Ascendant Stone Fist

We've been having trouble with this raid also.

yeh we kicked bout 6 or 7 people. we recording it now and dkp fines are now enforced lol

Apostle Master

Remember when raiding was fun? It just feels like lately it's either making fun of the retarded worker in the office or cutting yourself with a moldy loaf of bread.

Ascendant Transcendent Kaliaila's Avatar

That really sucks, did your guild/raid leadership attempt petitioning for either the loot or flags? I figure you might at least be able to get that since it wasn't anything you guys did that made you fail; but just the stupid server crash.
    Ascendant Apostle Xianzu Ryuukyo
    Bearer of the Shackle of Tynnonium
    Wielder of the Whistling Fists

yeh we got everything back

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

We've defeated Two Sides of the Stone 3 times now. Each time it's a pita, but we've had some great success with the Splendor side by utilizing one person in a giant steamsuit illusion to mark the Purity Stone as it spawns. That's all they do during that part.

Folks kept mentioning they couldn't see it, so we made it easier for them. Of course, it doesn't eliminate the dieing/purple misses, but it definitely improved overall cure misses. That being said, yeah... we still have people who manage to miss the steamsuit. Lol.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I've been using shissar illusion since it isn't as bulky as steamsuit. I call out the location of the stone, and run to it. We still have some people who can't seem to handle it, but most do and it can go smoothly.

Ascendant Ashenhand

We beat TSotS for the first time this Sunday. We had someone in golem form running to them, but honestly, I found it easier to spot the stone first.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Ascendant Stone Fist

It's for those times when you panic because you're not spotting the stone quickly. heh

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

what is the channel/password for serverwide?

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

I sent you a PM with the info Jura

Quote Originally Posted by Jura View Post
    what is the channel/password for serverwide?
    anyone care to let me in as well?

Dropped it to you in a PM Ronaan

Monk Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vothsisx View Post
    Remember when raiding was fun? It just feels like lately it's either making fun of the retarded worker in the office or cutting yourself with a moldy loaf of bread.
    This is one of the reasons I've stopped raiding. The "simon says" factor of the raids has gone from bad ( performer? ) to just catastrophic and find getting 40 hard core folks to play wipe after wipe

Monk Disciple

I havn't played for over 2 years but thinking of coming back, has serverwide channel changed since then?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by rapitiss View Post
    This is one of the reasons I've stopped raiding. The "simon says" factor of the raids has gone from bad ( performer? ) to just catastrophic and find getting 40 hard core folks to play wipe after wipe
    Performer was worst there has been for this.

No raid since then has had the same about of possible emotes for you to receive.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rapitiss View Post
    Jeez its not that bad, how hard is it to follow like 5 emotes? Thats the most i can think of for a event. expect on phase 3 of Sep 5. but up until then i can only think of Black island in pillars that has like 5 emotes.

Monk Disciple

While performer was annoying it was part of the storyline. And it was fun in a novel sort of way. Stuff now just feels arbitrary and random... run to a warping pillar, duck, hail, fd. If you look at old school stuff there was thought/humor in the interaction (Asking for Phat Loot in Plane of Sky). And it seems there is less and less thought and more and more canned BS. Even as recently as the Beltron event, there was obvious thought in the cages and proc damage. Now I just feel like a trained dog learning new canned tricks. To be fair the idea of tying things to language skill in VOA was interesting. Unfortunately the implementation teetered between being annoying and being innovative and in my opinion ended up being annoying.

I think the reminder I would give Sony is of the universal enjoyment and success of the original epic quests. They took months to figure out, were crazy hard (at that content level) were a constant challenge for the player base to compete for scarce resources… and seem to me to be exactly what we want in a game. Something that is genuinely difficult to do, and in doing it we differentiate ourselves from the people who do not want to put forth the effort. I would further point out that all the monks in raiding guilds having T4 on farm status are virtually identical gear wise. I would love to see challenging decision trees where you have to choose a path… for us AC or HPS or DMG or Improved Mend or Faster Purify… and your choice of one precludes another, so that there would be differences in our toons. And the consequence of our choices was a part of the game. I think a different example of this is our frustration with 2hb vs. 1hb vs. h2h. Yes we have a choice, but for 99% of the monks out there you have to want to be less than to use anything but h2h. I think a caster equivalent would be specialization. I hope they bring back the hard and hopefully meaningful to the game. But at this point I am suspicious that EQ is slowly dying to corporate greed and the corresponding player attrition.

How is that for a rant?
    Rten/Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Rten View Post
    How is that for a rant?
    Adequate

Ascendant Ashenhand

I think the reminder I would give Sony is of the universal enjoyment and success of the original epic quests. They took months to figure out, were crazy hard (at that content level) were a constant challenge for the player base to compete for scarce resources… and seem to me to be exactly what we want in a game.
    I have no interest in competeing for scarce resources, I think putting raids in instances is one of the best things they ever did.

Making everyone compete for raid targets would likley lead to less people who even care to compete or play.

I don't think that's what he meant.

Apostle Master

How is that for a rant?
    Someone pinch me. I just met a human monk I actually like.

Monk Disciple

Damnit, I bump a month old thread and people reply to older posts /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Zragstorm View Post
    I havn't played for over 2 years but thinking of coming back, has serverwide channel changed since then?
    Found out it hasn't changed since I left 8 years ago.

Monk Disciple

@ughbash, I am with you on raids. Making instances for raids was a GREAT idea. But I think tying quests to older (unused) content and having there be a component of it where you are just waiting for a drop has proven to be a good thing, no matter how much bitching there is about it. Think about the parts of our epic quests that brought us together as a community. In my opinion the raids or big fights did not. It is the multi questing the extra pipe I had, or camping the silly goblin for Treant fists, or us all posting on the boards our theories, and ideas and failures as we tried to figure out the quest. Yeah, as much as I whined about the time sink, the bottom line in this game is that we want it to be a time sink, we just want the time to have meaning in context to the game. What I do not like is slaughter trivial content for hours as part of the scarce resourse hutning. I think current quests need to be level appropriate. The beauty to mercs is that now days you do not have to convince a group to come with you to be able to pull it off!

Other favs were things like Dagmir's hand aug quest or the POM flowers or the resist mask or BIC or craigbeast queen or any of the other stupidly long, hard to do, but ultimately rewarding quests I have done.

Continuation of my rant!
    Rten/Frank

Ascendant Ashenhand

@Rten If all I played was my monk, I MIGHT agree. But since Monk is maxxed I also play Shaman and Warrior. Friend I play with however has serious altitis...I think 12 toons at 90+. That is why I hate languages have to do it for 15 toons between us. I prefered HoT where mains could do the quests and then get missions to runs the rest of the alts through.

For me those things you look back fondly on would just eat away at my already short time... Btw I hate the sepluchur tasks.
    Last edited by Ughbash; 08-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Ughbash, were you drunk when you wrote that? lol

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Nedrom View Post
    Ughbash, were you drunk when you wrote that? lol
    Nope, just a very bad typist.

Will clean it up some.

Thread Information