Thread: Video card for 3 monitor setup

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Video card for 3 monitor setup

I'm looking at adding a monitor and upgrading my ancient 9800gtx. I've looked at the geforce 560 from galaxy that has 4 DVI outputs, but i read that it only shows up as 2 monitors in windows, one that spans across 3 monitors as high res and one second that you don't get to play games on (for IM and web and such)... I'm not really looking for playing 1 big eq, though I probably could resize the windows and move them all to one window, but would rather have 3 (or 4) monitors show up in windows so I can throw the eq window to one monitor and maximize it.

So I'm eyeballing this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102908

Would that pull that off - show up as 3 individual monitors in windows - if I hook up a 3rd monitor via the display port or the HDMI? The price advantage over the galaxy 560 is pretty good too...

Nevermind, ended up picking up one of these...I'll get a 3rd monitor soon, looking forward to hooking it all up. If it doesn't work like I want to, worst case scenario, it's cheap enough I can buy a 2nd one and not run them in crossfire.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...603&CatId=7005

Ascendant Transcendent

I watched a device like this a few years ago, I think it was a Matrox triple monitor appliance/solution to allow any three monitors to work in tandem. I do not know how good or reliable it is now but what I saw looked pretty good.

I need to find another cheap radeon it seems... Tiger Direct still hasn't shipped the thing, a week later (at least now it displays saying 7-21 days, unlike when I bought it last week).

Thread Information