Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic Crashes Computers Even When It's Not Running

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic Crashes Computers Even When It's Not Running

Ascendant Ashenhand

After Bioware bungled the launch (not giving some players who preordered the game time to actually receive and install it before cutting off their grace period), we thought it would be smooth sailing from now on. But, not so much.
    False. Pre-order folks were able to download the game client well before launch day. Bioware also worked very hard to get the physical copies shipped earlier than originally expected. PLUS they did a 2 day grace period as well. I certainly don't call that "bungling" the launch. SWTOR was by far the smoothest MMO launch of any MMO I've been a part of on launch day.

As for the rest of the article... I can't tell if they're joking or what?

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

I dunno. I was just sharing an article about gaming that we all enjoy.

The Consumerist doesn't usually joke around though.

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

Crashing while the game isn't even running? Come on now. Having just fixed my daughter's PC due to a faulty video card and the years of various hardware problems from memory to motherboard, (not to mention the years as a PC Tech), I can honestly say that a PC will not crash from software if the software isn't running.

Did it make changes to your registry or is there a startup agent you're not aware of?

It's also important to note that most of that is just a repost of the dude's message, not direct from The Consumerist. I'm calling bullshit.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Thread Information