Thread: So i cancelled my subscription today.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Default So i cancelled my subscription today.

It's not so bad...I havent played in months anyway, too many games to play, diablo 3 about to come out, maybe ill play swtor for a few months...its not like I couldnt quit anytime...

OH GOD SPIDERS ARE BITING MY EYES! GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK BLIZZARD!!!

I dont see why people felt this was such a hard action. granted i wasnt a hardcore player for quite a while now and maybe that... MAYBE CRACK WILL TAKE THE PAIN AWAY FOR A LITTLE WHILE...makes it a little easier to finally watch that little crying orc and say, no, you wont stop me this time. If the game pickings are bad around the end of the year i might get pandara to...GIVE ME SWEET SWEET XP...try the monk class.

In the meantime, I've been able to calm the withdrawl somewhat by watching back to back "My little pony" episodes.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

This is like 6th time in span of a month or so I've seen my little ponys referenced as being watched full grown men... What's up with that

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training jorekil's Avatar

ryum take a look at this article.
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/...-little-ponys/

Ascendant Ashenhand

mmo-champion.com forums has a HUGE bronie thread. Where it's at I'm not sure, but I know when I was posting in the huge swtor thread prior to swtor getting its own forum, references were made between the bronie thread and the swtor thread about which one was bigger.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Okay, not claiming to be a brony....those people are pretty wierd.

That said... I will try to explain what could attract men to watch the show.

I've always loved quality animation...2d, 3d, cgi...didnt matter as long as the art was beautiful to look at, I will watch it. That is not to say that I've wanted to watch things like shows obviously meant for 5 year olds, however I've watched every pixar and most dreamworks shows without thinking that im doing anything wrong, and that includes things like "Tangled" which could arguably be called a girly movie. But i just file in the 'fun' category. There are lots of art styles i dont care for and wont watch, but if the style is right, I will want to see it.

So from an art perspective, "My little pony" has a very sharp, clean, colorful perspective and is worth watching.

If the story was pure 'girl' or 'child' then It probably would stop there. But the designer of the shows remake (Who worked on 'The powerpuff girls') took a very different approach with the subject matter. Sure it deals with issues of friendship and things kids should learn from cartoons but it does it without being patronizing, and it does it from the perspective of a main character that is not a typical 'barbie doll' fashion obsessed 'girl' that instantly is everyones favorite person but a bookish, geeky character who needs to work to learn how to get along with people.

I admit I've watched the shows, At first with confusion about why other guys were commenting so much about it, but it didnt take long to realize that it was a large cut above most 'kids' programming today. Just like when i watch a pixar movie, such as Toy Story, I'm not dwelling on the fact that the main characters are toys, I'm able to just sit back and enjoy the movie/show.

Watching the show does not make a brony. buying the toys, and playing with the dolls hair...yes I would say thats a valid statement and very odd.

Also Some of the internet meme's about the pony's are fucking hilarious.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Thread Information