Thread: SWtOR release date announced

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

Default SWtOR release date announced

Friend of mine got an email that the release date is 12/20/11.

Anyone gonna play it? Is the unique questing interface a good thing or bad?

Ascendant Transcendent

I suspect most of us received the email. I find this post interesting in that no one has replied to it and about 50 views, no offense to Abner.

I think this game has been too long in development and overhyped to the gills. I've read and watched the news/vids/reviews. I'm a fan of Star Wars and played Galaxies a bit (rip). I won't be buying it initially but I will certainly be looking for a free trial, even if for a few days.

If there happens to be a huge amount of positive reviews to the live version I might rethink that. Maybe.

Ascendant Ashenhand

The other thread about Star Wars kind of gave an idea of who was planning on playing it. Not much to reply to this one... yup a release date was announced. Not much else to add to that as a reply to this thread.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I use to be interested but at this point it really depends on what games are available/new around the release period. Now that I've managed to drop the wow habit, Its less a worry that ill get readdicted to another MMO, but more a feeling of 'meh' about joining another one at this point.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

Can I play as a Sith Eewok?

No, i'll pass
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Ascendant Ashenhand

you realize that if you could and you flagged PvP you would never get past level one....hell probably never stop being camped at your spawnpoint by your own faction.

Same thing with jar-jar's race i imagine.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Ascendant Ashenhand

Played the beta. It's a little shinier compared to wow, because its new, but its the same MMO as every other one out right now.

Ascendant Ashenhand

The only MMO with groundbreaking potential IMO is GW2 because they're the only game actually taking significant risks, and you need to do that with so many good current MMO's and their cookie cutter copies.

Thread Information