Thread: Old returnee - need group burn/dps advice

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Old returnee - need group burn/dps advice

Hi guys,
    I've been back for a few months now, been mainly focussing on getting up in level to 90, adding a few AA's (2300 AA's added since I returned) and I'm now looking into how to get a couple of nice burn dps macros confgured.

I have epic 1.0, currently working on 1.5 now, if I can live thru the pottery bit. I cry every time I sit down to do pottery. honest!

I have not done any of SoD nor UF (only have the T5 Merc quest completed). I see talk of glyphs and drunken monks etc, how important are these to the total dps in general? They seem to be mentioned a lot in these forums - are they hard (read: time consuming) to get?

So, specifics:
    1) Do you audio trigger shaman epic? if so, what is the text to go for?
    2) Are there other classes than shaman that also offer this type of beneficial dps assists to monks that I should trigger off of?
    3) Does anyone have few nice group-friendly burn macro or two to share? Possibly with a small explanatino too, doese not need to be very fancy(I'm a big fan of ./alt activate, ./doability, ./disc etc

I've tried to set a couple of buttons (IronFist, Zan-Fi, CrystalPalm,Stun Kick etc etc) but to be honest, the amount of new disciplines from level 65 to 90, combined with me not knowing entirely which ones are keepers (usually there are a couple of lower levelled one that are better for some reason or other, and some higher level ones that suck) - it's too much to handle at once!

Reading these forums, I did find some old posts, but I suspect that they were written when level 85 was max, and UF/SoD itemization was top notch.

I'll take any and all advice you have to offer.
    I've no issues with making hotkeys (macros), in fact I do so extensively whenever I can so that I can punch less buttons to get the same work done.

Currently, I'm using for weapons:

main) Mesmerizing ripper + rock aug from the well
    offhand) Demon's horn + some +3dmg aug. Working in SS to get the +8 aug now and move the ripper aug to teh demon horn

2hb) Maul of Shadows, for staffblock/panic tanking

I've only recently seen that there is a chance to make some player-made weapon also that is better than this combo? Can someone confirm that?

My EqPlayers profile:
    http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=429497163040

Thanks for reading, and apologies if this has been asked too many times before. I've searched the forums, but not found what I'm after.

Another
    Last edited by Patife; 08-01-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Revised the text a little, was too much babble in it.

n/t
    Last edited by Patife; 08-01-2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Was request to move post from wrong forum

Ascendant Stone Fist

Glyph (cataclysm) is similar to shaman epic. It costs 5aa for you to use it once, so I don't think people bother using them on group content, and I wouldn't use them until you don't have other AA priorities to spend points on.

You should get drunk monkey. You might find the turn in gem for sale in the bazaar. It uses a lot of endurance, but you can keep running all the time. For me, the rk3 adds about 500dps.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Lol at a post containing tags... been a while.

I personally use zero audio triggers for anything. I find them to be a waste and a crutch. Just watch your song window for shaman epic.

As for other classes, bard epic is the same way and stacks with shaman epic. I can't say how good the group gamers are (most I've had the misfortune of meeting suck) but if you have both well played they try to sync themselves.

As for burns, hit SF with shaman epic, you'll get more out of it than with CP. Also, with SF trigger infusion, 2nd spire, and destructive force if applicable. In the group game nameds won't last much longer than that.

I keep zan fi out of that list because generally I keep it for when I do use CP (SF is down) as that situation occurs plenty.
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

There is some good info on dps burning here:
    http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?t=36302

As for cultural weapons, if you can afford them, I would only just get one, to replace your demon's horn, that will give you two 18 delay weapons. The one with the skeptic aug will give you one more dmg than the iksar one which gives a cazic thule proc which isn't that great.

Buy Infusion of Thunder AA, max stunning kick and hastened masters combination and hastened stunning kick. Didnt look at all your AA but you could start there.

Also, pick up hastened death. staff block for using 2hb

Oh and pick up all the extended speedfocus, crystalpalm, heel of kanjii/kai and scaledfist.. those will help with burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Patife View Post
    Working in SS to get the +8 aug now and move the ripper aug to teh demon horn
    I did the erudin bonus mission for that aug. Took about 6 tries. The mission itself is very easy for a monk to split, grab some folks and burn down the final spider and it's an easy mission.

Another little tidbit, since it can be tricky to get back to the NPC to start this mission, is to climb the wall back in the undead area and run along the top of the zoneline... can completely by-pass all the undead and see invis that way.

Thanks for all advice, I'll put them into practice and give feedback here as I go along

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patife View Post
    Thanks for all advice, I'll put them into practice and give feedback here as I go along
    Yeah, those AA will keep you busy! Good luck

Thread Information