Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soloing Old Content

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Kajok View Post
    Yea, that's not true. Looks like you haven't done OMM in a while if you posted that as a for reelz LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    You're wrong. LOLOLOL...

Code:
    [Tue Aug 09 23:49:02 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:49:02 2011] Overlord Mata Muram fixes his gaze on Itaru.

[Tue Aug 09 23:50:12 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:51:22 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:52:32 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:53:42 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:54:52 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:56:02 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:57:13 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:58:23 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Tue Aug 09 23:59:33 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:00:43 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:01:53 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:03:03 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:04:13 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:08:33 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:09:43 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:10:53 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!
    [Wed Aug 10 00:12:03 2011] You resist the Mata Muram's Gaze spell!

Ascendant Stone Fist

You hit a luck on the range by not getting hit and by OMM not powering up. I've solo'd OMM 10 times for alts etc and have gotten hit with gaze and had to dispell OMM at least once, sometimes twice, per fight.

Expand your sample to larger than one encounter before attempting to appear credible.
    Last edited by Kajok; 08-12-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    Kajok Tainted`Scale the Outcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Kajok is still a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    you're NOT behind, you're just tuned differently.

You hit a luck on the range by not getting hit and by OMM not powering up. I've solo'd OMM 10 times for alts etc and have gotten hit with gaze and had to dispell OMM at least once, sometimes twice, per fight.

Expand your sample to larger than one encounter before attempting to appear credible.
    I posted a link to the resist formula by a dev that says it's always resisted at lvl 90 and 750MR, and a log of me resisting it every time a day ago. Your arguement is:

Yea, that's not true. Looks like you haven't done OMM in a while if you posted that as a for reelz LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    Who's more credible?
    Go stick your head in a pig.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I'm actually speechless at your insult. I didn't realize I was conversing with a 10 year old.

Your link fails the test for credibility since there has been gazes landed on me and other lvl 90s with 750 to resists who've done OMM. Some of them do anguish weekly (I don't see the draw honestly).

Do I believe your link or my lying eyes? It's okay though, I understand you're upset that we don't believe you, but crying your case of "well it didn't happen to me last night so it never happens" vs the experience many have had multiple times isn't going to fly.

Reccomendations are that you upgrade to an adult vocabulary, and keep at OMM. He'll hit you with gaze eventually even though when he does you will just not copy that part of your logs in.

Kajok is still a dick.

I'm actually speechless at your insult. I didn't realize I was conversing with a 10 year old.
    Cause nothing says adult like

Quote Originally Posted by Kajok
    You deserve a few insults.

Your link fails the test for credibility since there has been gazes landed on me and other lvl 90s with 750 to resists who've done OMM. Some of them do anguish weekly (I don't see the draw honestly).

Do I believe your link or my lying eyes? It's okay though, I understand you're upset that we don't believe you, but crying your case of "well it didn't happen to me last night so it never happens" vs the experience many have had multiple times isn't going to fly.
    So where's your log? And I know from experience not to trust your eyes, or even your parses, from the last time you insisted I was wrong when you actually were.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...d.php?p=302747
    http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...d.php?p=302750

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Quote Originally Posted by Itaru View Post
    And I'll confirm that you looked up the wrong spell.

Gaze of Anguish != Mata Muram's Gaze (which doesn't have a max resist rate)
    You're right at least on the first part

[5685] Mata Muram's Gaze
    Target: Single
    Range: 1000
    Resist: Magic -600, Max: 100%
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 45s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
    Dispellable: No
    Recourse: Mata Muram's Gaze Recourse
    1: Decrease Spell Haste by 90%
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 90%
    3: Decrease Base Stats by 300
    4: Decrease Current HP by 4000
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    Text: Your body shrivels.

[6296] Mata Muram's Gaze Recourse
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 1% to 100%
    2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 400%
    3: Increase Hit Damage by 100%
    4: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s

By the formula, as you said, at level 90 + 750 in all, the effective resist value is 200 which is exactly enough for 100% resist rate, assuming there are no other factors.

It still makes sense to use the mask when you get the Gaze though, as Nedrom said.

Go stick your head in a pig.
    Actually, that just means you've not read The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    Share and Enjoy!

...is, of course, the company motto of the hugely successful Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Complaints division, which now covers the major land masses of three medium sized planets and is the only part of the Corporation to show a consistent profit in recent years.

The motto stands—or stood—in three mile high illuminated letters near the Complaints Department spaceport on Eadrax: Share and Enjoy. Unfortunately its weight was such that shortly after it was erected, the ground beneath the letters caved in and they dropped for nearly half their length through the underground offices of many talented young complaints executives—now deceased. The protruding upper halves of the letters now appear, in the local language, to read “Go stick your head in a pig”, and are no longer illuminated, except at times of special celebration.

Ascendant Stone Fist

You mistake a basic troll response to not adult. I can see where you might get confused... suprised you did, but non-the-less.

I don't keep logs on outside raids generally, but I'll try and appease you. All I can tell you at the time is that I've had to dispell the buff off him plenty of times; believe it or not I hoenstly don't care~

Truth, anc, I'm neither old enough, nor nerdy enough, to have read/watched it ;p

Throw your insults to ;tell xegony.kajok, I can't promise they'll be read and if they are that I'll care given the source, but you are more than welcome to give it your best shot :D
    Last edited by Kajok; 08-12-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Kajok is still a dick.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yes, insult each other through in-game tells, not in this thread.

Also, if you are arguing over Everquest spells, you're more than nerdy enough.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

I don't keep logs on outside raids generally, but I'll try and appease you. All I can tell you at the time is that I've had to dispell the buff off him plenty of times; believe it or not I hoenstly don't care~
    The buff could get there if he gazed someone else in the zone who wasn't 90/750, like a twink parked outside the room for loot.

I just spent another hour tanking OMM with another character, riposted him down to 66%, and resisted every single gaze.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

The buff could get there if he gazed someone else in the zone who wasn't 90/750, like a twink parked outside the room for loot.
    Not exactly correct. The gaze only lands on folks with a mask in their inventory or bank etc...

Well.... kind of. If there are fewer than 12 on his hate list with the mask, then everyone on the hatelist is a target. There was a lot of suspicion that a developer had let slip the details of the gaze stuff when some guild did it with just over 12 masks.

I just did OMM for the first time - I would say fighting him at his spawn spot is the hard way move him down a little toward the doorway and it avoids the charmable dragorns adding, which is an unnecessary distraction -- which led me to FD on low HP and gave enough time for OMM to regen to full and force the event to reset, including the bit with the Riftseekers.

Using the click I was able to use Respite and keep going till he eventually dropped

I also confirmed that 6 characters must be in the group to request the instance, but they don't all have to be online -- it worked with 3 online.

So I burned everything I had on Jelvan, only shaman buffs and self clickies, 8% overhaste

/GU Combined: Tantho the Tormentor in 582s, 5589k @9604dps --- Nedrom + pets 5589k @9604dps

Completely solo, not bad for 10 min fight.

Default Sullon

Was stupidly easy

Sullon Zek, Mistress of Rage in 394s, 4065k @10317dps --- Itaru 4065k @10317dps

Just finished off the clear, gave away 4 epic orbs this week

/GU Combined: Overlord Mata Muram in 884s, 8496k @9611dps --- Nedrom + pets 8496k @9611dps

he died much faster with my new weapon, usually takes me 20 mins, this time only took 14.

Couple things to note... on AMV if someone is outside of room they still get mark of death, same with OMM and Mask click request. So its true if you have a bot or someone waiting for loot in zone they will get killed if not on hate list. The person with me did have a mask with them tho and they got the gaze while off hate list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
    I just did OMM for the first time - I would say fighting him at his spawn spot is the hard way move him down a little toward the doorway and it avoids the charmable dragorns adding, which is an unnecessary distraction -- which led me to FD on low HP and gave enough time for OMM to regen to full and force the event to reset, including the bit with the Riftseekers.

Using the click I was able to use Respite and keep going till he eventually dropped

I also confirmed that 6 characters must be in the group to request the instance, but they don't all have to be online -- it worked with 3 online.
    I've cleared OMM 3 times now solo and always fought on the spawn point and never aggro'd the dragorns. are you staying right in the middle? For 20ish min fight I went a long time without aggro'ing.

I start at the middle, but in order to actually be able to hit the little adds with ripostes, half of which spawn behind me, I move back a little, and cumulatively, that was enough, while still on the central platform, to get the add on me. I won't be doing it there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
    I start at the middle, but in order to actually be able to hit the little adds with ripostes, half of which spawn behind me, I move back a little, and cumulatively, that was enough, while still on the central platform, to get the add on me. I won't be doing it there again.
    When the Ukuns spawn, just change from North to South side of OMM, if you move to the east and west side that is probably why you aggro'd the Dragorns.

I move all over the place on the top of the platform and don't aggro them at all, however, I make sure to move North-South only and stay in the middle that way.

This is how I do it though:

-run straight north to engage at the start of the fight, at this point I'm facing north towards him
    -fight until the adds spawn
    -move north, turn around and face him towards the south, this causes the ukuns to now be all in front of me
    -during the fight I hit grappling strike whenever its up to pull him closer towards me so i dont push him off
    -when ukuns spawn again, I repeat the above process, I move south, turn around and face north again and all the ukuns are in front and die to riposte/damage shields I use

One other method that I do, is when the ukuns spawn, I simply just pull back far enough so they're in front of me, they die pretty fast and then I go back.

I think the key thing here is that I don't aggro the dragorn because I stay in the middle of the platform the entire time, and by middle I mean the north-south middle. I go back and forth north-south the entire fight without issue.

I honestly think its a waste of time and lost dps to pull him from the spawn point, but thats just my observation.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Was stupidly easy

How did that fight go? Did you resist most stuff?

Apostle Master

Was stupidly easy

How'd you solo Snowtail?
    -Kelefane

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtass View Post
    How did that fight go? Did you resist most stuff?
    Yup, resisted everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
    How'd you solo Snowtail?
    I didn't say I did!
    I tried for a while, got it as low as 5% then got tired of it and brought a bot to eat the charm.

Enlightened Grandmaster

So bot eats one charm while you're away, then you burn in 90 sec?

I seem to recall that the Charm hit quite a few people at once?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Hit at least 5 I think?

Going to start keeping track of my dps in Anguish just in case others are curious:

Event 1 - /GU Keldovan the Harrier in 189s, 2033k @10758dps --- Nedrom + pets 2033k @10758dps (AA's+CP+Heel)
    Event 2 - /GU Combined: Tanthi the Tormentor in 461s, 5550k @12039dps --- Nedrom + pets 5550k @12039dps (SF+DF+CP+Heel+Jab+Iron+AA's)
    Event 3 - /GU Ture in 252s, 2541k @10083dps --- Nedrom + pets 2541k @10083dps (SF+Heel+AA's)
    Event 4 - /GU Combined: An elite guard in 737s, 5894k @7997dps --- Nedrom + pets 5894k @7997dps (guards+Hanvar, just AA's twice and no big discs, also had help from a ranger+shaman)
    Event 4 - Hanvar /GU Warden Hanvar in 737s, 4748k @6443dps --- Nedrom + pets 4748k @6443dps
    Event 5 - /GU Combined: A languished convert in 153s, 1918k @12539dps --- Nedrom + pets 1918k @12539dps (Heel+Ironfist+AA's with help of a ranger+sham)
    Event 5 - AMV /GU Arch Magus Vangl in 143s, 1626k @11372dps --- Nedrom + pets 1626k @11372dps
    Event 6 - /GU Combined: Frenzied Lasher in 730s, 6259k @8574dps --- Nedrom + pets 6259k @8574dps (cp+sf+heel+aa'sx2 with help of ranger and shm)
    Event 6 - OMM 100%-30% /GU Overlord Mata Muram in 578s, 4425k @7656dps --- Nedrom + pets 4425k @7656dps
    Event 6 - OMM 30% - 0% /GU Overlord Mata Muram in 152s, 1446k @9512dps --- Nedrom + pets 1446k @9512dps
    Last edited by Nedrom; 08-18-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Nice work Nedrom!

We'll have to get together in-game sometime

Did an entire clear of Anguish again last night.

I played around a bit with OMM on the pedestal. From the click up, ran straight north, engaged.

My own push was enough to move him north. When ukuns spawned, I just pulled back at the same time I'd hit Grapple so he wouldn't summon me back. Then the ukuns would die to DS, and my own push would move OMM back north, rinse repeat. Worked a lot easier than what I had done in the past where upon ukun spawns, I would actually flip facing north/south.

No Dragorn aggro. I think you can only aggro the dragorns if you move east/west, but there is no real need to do that.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Don't group with sorekin. He's bad news.

Ascendant Ashenhand

You ever get the weird knockback I described, Ned? Wonder if that was a bug, as I don't really remember him doing anything like that back when we raided him, but obviously I didn't tank back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    You ever get the weird knockback I described, Ned? Wonder if that was a bug, as I don't really remember him doing anything like that back when we raided him, but obviously I didn't tank back then.
    I havent had the knockback, maybe its because I use the mask and interrupt him from even using that spell.

Ned... Your too uber for your hat.. What do you think about that?!?!

Hah.

booo! 10 weeks in a row and no OH clicky off OMM :(

Ascendant Ashenhand

You can't get a better OH item in Triality? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    You can't get a better OH item in Triality? ;)
    Just rejoined ;)

Plus I enjoy my weekly clear and gearing people up lol

Apostle Master

I know I got Redfang and Hatchet back at 90, but I figured I'd go after this one for laughs.

(combined)

/GU Sendaii, the Hive Queen in 1402s, 16563k @11814dps --- Vothsisx + pets 16563k @11814dps (100%)

Thread Information