Thread: Anyone want to write an app?

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default Anyone want to write an app?

I don't know how hard or easy it would be but here is the basic idea.

You on a PC type up directions, e-mail them to yourself so you can check them on your phone Iphone/android then the app takes the texts and reverses it so you can put your phone on the dash and it projects the text onto the windshield as a type of HUD.

What do you think?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Well, heres just a few general reactions to your idea.

1) not many phones/devices project images so your kind of limiting your audience.
    2) Even the ones that project will not project a clear image on a piece of clear glass..even tinted glass would look kinda crappy.
    3) Highly likely that this projection if it worked well enough to see would be considered 'distracted driving' .

Otherwise then youve just invented the GPS except without talking.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

Most regular phones on the dash should work. A buddy of mine with a regular samsung captivate uses his phone to project the speed via gps since his speedometer is out. It doesn't have a "projector" its just whats on the phone reflected onto the windshield. If your phone can go on the dash then it should be fine to reflect the text.

It is regular GPS only you don't have to take your eyes off the road... plus I don't know how difficult it would be to do an entire gps program as oppose to just reversing the text which I assume would be infinitely easier and work just as well for the function

On a little corner of your windshield it would have a list of directions like what you see on the text version of google map's directions.

I don't know what actual projection things are out there, but the reflection thing just off the normal phone display looks fine from what I have seen. But of course that is without ANY amount of research into getting a TON of peoples phones and checking them all in a ton of different cars.

This is just super basic, or trying to keep it super basic

Ascendant Ashenhand

Might be fine at night, but in full daylight, I don't think your average phone display would be bright enough to be visible as a reflection on a windshield.

yep

Thread Information