Thread: I haxored the close!!

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default I haxored the close!!

Since I saw that snerker thing, started checking these old vintage forums

Enlightened Grandmaster Karm Hundredfists's Avatar

Dude. They totally should change monks damage mitigation don't you think?

Magelo

EQplayers

Last edited by Karm Hundredfists : Today at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edit Fever

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

oh don't get me started on that.

My first of many many many mmo nerfs... They say the first time hurts the most, and they would be correct.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quit your whining and reroll then.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Fuck warriors. This whole damn thing is Furor's fault!
    The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
    desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn,
    burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...

- Jack Kerouac

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Drakane View Post
    Fuck warriors. This whole damn thing is Furor's fault!
    Yep, due to faulty parses he made people aware of.

Remeber the * next to monks dps in VT?

Showed that the MONK had savagery while the warrior he was comparing it to did not *grumble*.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I wouldn't blame this on Furor. Sony would not have made significant changes like that because of a 100 member guild. Yeah, Furor was a whiny baby who didn't like any class being better than his gimped human warrior. This was all out Sony's fault. The introduction of higher levels, high end gear, and the design of the avoidance system caused the problem. At the end game of PoP, with max avoidance and AC aa's and high end gear, monks were avoiding more damage than plate mitigated, making them SUPERIOR tanks for CERTAIN encounters. In most cases, guilds made them an off-tank. This screwed with Furor's (and appearantly Sony's) vision of a plate class being the official "tanks".

Since the day they nerfed avoidance all together, they molded the classic "only plate classes are tanks" concept. I'm not saying this is wrong. It's just what they did which screwed over EVERY non-end-game-geared monk in the world of EQ. As always, even in real life, people who live the ordinary life (non-end game players) find a way to taste the riches of the non-ordinary life (end game players). As soon as the rich discover this, it belittles their "superiority" (i say that word VERY lightly, as they are hardly superior in the conventional sense), so they have to fuss and rant about it until something changes. it's like up-and-comming monks who were trying to show off their pulling skills while the monk back in the group screwed up a split by timing a shruken throw and fd. people cannot handle losing, so they always dig deep to find a way to make themselves win.

The true fix was to decrease monk AC a little bit while giving warrior AC a minor boost and making END GAME (not middle game) mobs hit a little harder. Would have solved ALL problems.

Thread Information