Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 aas a day lvl 85

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    FYI - On the walls making you duck, shut off auto-duck in options.
    dammit, didn't even think to look for that... thanks :D

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yeah, I don't really know what the point of that option is, other than to annoy the hell out of me.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Quote Originally Posted by Reyla the Gnome View Post
    The 3 Al' Kabor solo tasks take 30 min total and you can walk away with 60 AAs.
    I think Reyla means 60 AAs for those on low AA counts and the tasks are probably the 3 that are on 6-hour timers (The Rivervale Ruins, Wastelands of Everfrost, and Faydark's Shadow) -- the first of these was worth a bit over 4 AA to me yesterday (baseline, since I'm past the 2500 mark), and Rasper says the other 2 are worth 2.8 AA each.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yeah, I can't handle the mobs on those solo yet. Tried to do Faydark's Shadow and stuff was hitting too hard/spiky.

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

I molo'd The Rivervale Ruins, not solo Haven't tried the rest yet.

Ascendant Stone Fist

A friend thought faydark was harder than others, and yes it's a molo situation. Heh. Mend helps with spikes, as well as deny death, and impenetrable if needed.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Much love for impen. Also throwing up your 2hb to help with blocking, makes a nice difference on a mob that's close.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Yeah, I had a t5 merc healing, so 'molo' I guess. I'm missing every 2hb AA since late 2005(when I played last). Since I've come back, I've been focusing on DPS stuff. Will try the Rivervale one and see how I fare.

What are people using for non-damage weapons when pulling? I would like to try some more congested zones in hopes they isn't as much competition for pulls.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I use a shield and a tradeskill trophy. There's some shield-like primary hand item around also, but I don't have it.

Apostle Master

Aged Left Eye of Xygoz

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=69424

He does an unresistable fear a lot that can and usually ends up warping you to the cat room. There is also a port out pad in his room you can be feared onto.

Try the following strategy if you're attempting him:

Don't kill his guardians. Instead, damage them into summon mode so you will be repeatedly summoned back (and thus not ported or warped).

Apostle Master

This tactic is old school. I believe it was used during a dod raid even. I know I had my monks use whirlwind & destructive force. I recall us wiping a few times on that event due to end adds until I suggested it. Spider event? hard to remember

Didn't they nerf Destructive in 2010? or something that we could stack I seem to recall a thread from around then. Maybe they reverted it since then too, been out of game for awhile.

Never had any prob banging out aa in mech guard I spent countless hours farming the augs and pling my bro's shammy.

Great idea though to use lesson and all shame I can't get any aa atm or even spend my banked ones as a silver. Sony bastards

Ascendant Stone Fist

I think DF used to AoE our procs too, so they nerfed it? around the same time they killed shakerpaging i thoguht

Quote Originally Posted by Maereax View Post
    I think DF used to AoE our procs too, so they nerfed it? around the same time they killed shakerpaging i thoguht
    Same change hit both. (As well as some paladin stun thing.) Used to be you could proc on any mob you could swing at. The change was that you can only proc on a mob you have targeted. (You can still proc off a riposte, or a DF hit, just not on any mob that isn't your current target.)

This is still a VERY valid tactic to get fast XP even with the DF nerf. My wife hates EQ and I only get to log in for a few minutes at a time and I'm still able to keep my AA's and levels up using this tactic. ;)

Thread Information