Thread: 1.0 worth doing at all?

Apostle Master

Default 1.0 worth doing at all?

Ive been pondering doing 1.0 just to say I did...how big of a time-sink is it really?
    -Kelefane

Ascendant Transcendent

The only real problem are the sashes and robes, everything else is a standard camp with typical old EQ frustrations of getting a named to spawn like for the pipes.

If you are Iksar the faction needed frothe sashes is going ot eat your lunch. The short cut to maxing Qeynos faction is starting a Qeynos monk, PLing them a little and having them do the sashes because they are tradeable.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

I haven't clicked my 1.0 since I got CBQ belt. When I did do it, I think the longest part was the KC pipe, which took me like 8 hours. So time spent probably depends on luck >.<

Apostle Master

If you can find Raster up or have someone available to MQ it then sure. Does multiquesting still work?

Otherwise...probably not, although I still use mine to this day if i'm out soloing and don't have any haste potions. The lore behind it is pretty neat though!

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

killing brother Z to get your robe still work? saves quite a bit of time IIRC, been a long time
    dal

Enlightened Grandmaster

A resounding no. Mine sits in my bank.
    If you are of a lower level, and want the click, do yourself a favor and get the ornate glove pattern (PoP) which has the same clickie 'celestial tranquility'.

Drops from Drunder from War Boar for example, so will take ya 10 mins - 2 hrs at a guess.

Drop info :
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21398

Even as a prequel to doing 2.0, you're probably better off doing the pre-quest...

Enlightened Grandmaster

dont underestimate its utility in arena (if you do the arena), and chain dispelling mobs/events. any time i duel i slap on 1.0... makes a huge difference. was very handy for the bazu legacy event with the dispells. not many situations for it... but when the situation does come up, its hella nice to have available.

you can still MQ 1.0 parts and the brothers still drop the robe. im not 100% sure about how true this tactic is for the KC pipe but it worked for me. if you clear the room next to that spawn's room... it goes much much faster/smoother. i spent days there and never had a spawn. someone told me to do that, so i did, and it popped next spawn cycle. i did that for about 4-6 other monks and same thing.... never spent more than 30min-1hr camping KC pipe on any of theirs doing that method. not sure if clearing that room increases his chance to spawn or what... but it was interesting. if youre good at quilmane cycle then brother Q will be easy for ya. he pops doing that.

once you get the robe and pending luck on chardok/kc pipes... its a breeze.
    Last edited by Shukkex; 03-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Shukke
    /retired after 569 days /played.

Anti-camp radius! /tinfoilhat

Monk Disciple

If you want to do the quest to feel more like a true monk, having completed its epic quest...then yes, by all means do it! I got lucky, i killed the brother in rathe mts several times until i got the robe, then i started the quest. it took me a weekend and i was done.

I know i haven't used it in forever, but i'm still glad i got the quest done. Actually, come to think of it, i never really used it. It was just a nice feeling completing the quest. When i was a young monkling coming up, i got the leather glove pattern and did my clicky that way. always felt kinda dirty and cheap, but it gave me haste.

(my completion and thanks to the couple friends that helped is still on this site, i look it up every now and again just for nostalgia)

I guess, what i'm trying to say is... Do the quest, if you're anything like me, you'll be glad you did.

Shadyen Slaximo
    81 monk
    Maelin Starpyre(Vaz)

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
    Ive been pondering doing 1.0 just to say I did...how big of a time-sink is it really?
    I did mine early on levelling up with a guild at my level range from 50-60's. At that time, everyone was doing their 1.0's so it was fun and worth it because I actually used the item.

There really is no point in using this item now with all the potions and how easy it is to get a haste clicky item.

I think it would be easier and more fun and worth your time to do the Natimbi haste clicky from the cragbeast queen

As an item? Not really unless you happen to be soloing a mob that has massive dispells (Like Innoruuk). Otherwise, it will sit in your bank eating space... pretty to look at. That's about it.

LaotzuQigong - 85 Transcendent
    Sol Invictus - The Tribunal

Get it done for a sense of completion.

You aren't a monk if you don't have your 1.0

Default Yes

I still use my 1.0 if no haste is around and I'm not tanking. Then again I still use my Whistling Fists sometimes for grins and giggles.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]Your arrogance offends me.

wownecrotown

Enlightened Grandmaster

lol
    Shukke
    /retired after 569 days /played.

Thread Information