Thread: STO I wouldn't buy antiproton weapons for now

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default STO I wouldn't buy antiproton weapons for now

Antiproton VS Tetryon

Given my test are on an object that does not have shield it is a little unfair to the tetryon type, but oh well it can't be helped. Also the tetryon is a common, and antiproton very rare... I am playing a hunch that it won't matter.

What I tested
    1 Mk X Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannon
    vs
    1 Mk X Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannon

Where I tested
    Asteroids in the teneebia system, at 2km away from the object (give or take .05km but usually at exactly 2Kkm) and combat continues uninterrupted until the big asteroid is gone and the 3 following for a longer parse session.

Conditions
    Weapon power lowered as much as I can
    both types have max skill points
    Completely stationary
    no tactical consoles to buff either

If there are any other questions about these test, feel free to ask and I will answer anything I can.

Tetryon 3 parses
    315.105 dps 295.9 sec session
    316.721 dps 295 sec session
    315.256 dps 295.9 sec session
    I was going to do more, but with these being so close I didn't see the need.

Antiproton
    310.423 dps 298.4 sec session
    314.946 dps 294.2 sec session
    314.345 dps 295.7 sec session

What prompted this test, I got a couple of antiproton weapons from mark of exploration daily missions, and just messing around with them in deep space I noticed a lack of better damage. I was basing this on the damage I figured I was getting when I took the tetryon consoles off so I could get a better comparison.

After a while of what I perceived as about the same between the two I decided to actually test it. I figured that tetryon would be slightly behind antiproton because of the lack of shield thus that proc effect in negated... but instead it seem none of the antiproton attributes are working.

Curious if anyone else has seen this, and if this is the case for all the antiproton weapons or if it is just cannons, or specifically dual heavy cannons.

I am starting to think the added attributes that make an item get classified as rare or very rare may not working at this time either.

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

I did not notice any specific increase from Polaron vs Antiproton ground weapons either.

What are you using for parsing your combat log and how are you recording it currently?
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ascendant Ashenhand

I thought I noticed that my ship screen did NOT change when equipping a weapon with +Crit% etc.

What is the proc for an Anti-Proton weapon?

I read on the boards somewhere that people were having a problem getting their BO's to equip Anti-Proton ground weapons as well.

Ascendant Ashenhand

You guys are so going on the terrorist watch list for testing laser weapons.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

combat log parser is the name of the program, it just reads the in game combat log
    you turn it on by /combatlog 1 while playing and it will list your dmg and dps

I didn't think about ground weapons, but yeah the same could be true there.

just some additional info

someone pointed out to me the proc effect on antiproton weapons is chance to penetrate shield... presumably 2.5%

so vs an asteroid that has no shield either the asteroids are crit proof or those stats are not working.
    Last edited by ryum; 02-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.

dev post on one of my "crits are not working" post confirmed there is something wrong with them

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...14#post2287314

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azith Evertoon View Post
    You guys are so going on the terrorist watch list for testing laser weapons.
    hahaha, this made me lol

Thread Information