Thread: $5 EQ2 deal on steam

Default $5 EQ2 deal on steam

I used to play during SoF and loved my swashbuckler then. I'm curious if the game is worth playing now? It's hard to pass up $5. I'd be playing solo mostly, which classes are kings of that these days? I remember it used to be Stam(?) spec'd swashbuckler with a good buckler, I used to do it on mine with life steal poison. Also is Antonia Bayle still the highest population server?

Or should I stay away?

I play on Oasis as a bruiser, level 80 with max aa's, and having fun, the new expansion is warrenting some good fun, I have only been playing for around a year but definately having more fun than with Eq1. If ya come back and for Oasis can help ya gear up in full T2 quickly shard gear. Give you a good start.
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1424259 85 monk of Test server. Retired

80 Ratonga Bruiser of Oasis Everquest 2

Quote Originally Posted by Djkano View Post
    I play on Oasis as a bruiser, level 80 with max aa's, and having fun, the new expansion is warrenting some good fun, I have only been playing for around a year but definately having more fun than with Eq1. If ya come back and for Oasis can help ya gear up in full T2 quickly shard gear. Give you a good start.
    Alright, I got a level 10 I started on Antonia Bayle last night, Mystic specifically. Rerolling over to a diff server will set me back what 1 hour? I read somewhere that a Str/Agi spec'd mystic is third behind necro and conjy in terms of soloability. Plus I can respec to heal if I ever get an itch to PuG.

I noticed they added an AA slider to convert XP into AAs. Would it be ideal to set it to 10-30% to get a head start on AAs?

Toon's name will be my forum handle btw.

EDIT: Multi core support? Shadows, model detail and bump mapping don't tank performance?! They REALLY turned this crappy engine into something that runs decent. I'm impressed.

Decided to roll on Oasis, toon's name is Athilik.

O and the AA slider is amazing. 10 AAs at level 15. I'm thinking of pushing to 20 AAs before I slide it back down to 20%. Also leveling speed is much much quicker than during EoF.

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

Is there a link to a download of the exe or whatever to reload this? I can't find my disc 1.

if you want send me an email and ill shoot it to you as an invite
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1424259 85 monk of Test server. Retired

80 Ratonga Bruiser of Oasis Everquest 2

Thanks!

Question, what do I do about money? Back when I played a full Mastercrafted suit would cost 1-2 plat tops, now it's 1 plat per piece. Bags also sky rocketed in price. I'm dreading seeing the price of Masters haha.

I'm guessing I should jump on the bandwagon and craft ? I would just solo Vaults and lower KoS instances (?) on my swashy for I think 3-4 plat a run iirc, but new server and all prevents that.

Which profession is most profitable? I assume weapon/armor are useless this close to expansion time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djkano View Post
    if you want send me an email and ill shoot it to you as an invite
    Did you send it? If you did I didn't get it. =-(

Ascendant Ashenhand

http://launcher.station.sony.com/

This should work for you I believe.
    Wisdom:

It is not knowing that you are right, But willing to change when you know you are wrong.

Cool thanks I'll give that a try

Thread Information