Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: FoS Faction

  1. #1
    Ascendant Transcendent
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    848

    Default FoS Faction

    I never did get around to doing much in SoD before I took my break, and because I'm too lazy to do trial and error I thought I'd ask here.

    What are the best tasks to farm to run up FoS faction these days? Group, solo or Molo.

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Excellent question - once upon a time I will work on that faction for the Emblem at some point, so would love to hear the suggestions.

  3. #3
    Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Etrudia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I did alot of the Jalad'Dar group tasks (the 5 group tasks for Void progression) when we were flagging alot of people in the guild. Several are pretty easy for doing over and over.

    To finish off my faction tho, I did 2 solo tasks over and over;

    Supplies -- (from Trakanon) All you have to do is enter Kurn's Tower and destroy 8 barrells or boxes. Cake walk with your clicky Iksar illusion. And I believe you can just /open them and that counts for destroying them.

    Food Supplies -- (from Severilous) I would do this one and burn lesson while killing animals for the carcasses. Kill Scaled Wolves, Scorpions, and Snakes for their carcasses (100lbs.) I would usually get most of the 100lbs. in a single lesson. Then kill 6 Sebillisan Hunters, (alot of them in the south part of zone...very easy to kill with a merc.) and deliver the carcasses to Severilous.

    These were the 2 easiest solos that I found! Hope this helps.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

    -Ascendant Etrudia Kristasha
    <Mystical Lightfighters> of Erollisi Marr

    Stuff

  4. #4
    Ascendant Ashenhand
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    For FOS faction I would just slaughter in either Kurns or FoS.

    You can do the "supplies" task easily once you have your mask, and doing the mask is importnat (adn good faction) if you want to spend any time in FoS.

    The mask task is "The grand illusion" and is composed of 4 subparts (the hand foot ribcage and skull). They are good faction but not repeatable as people pretty much amused the hell out of it when they first came out for faction and chronobines and XP.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yyevil View Post
    I never did get around to doing much in SoD before I took my break, and because I'm too lazy to do trial and error I thought I'd ask here.

    What are the best tasks to farm to run up FoS faction these days? Group, solo or Molo.

    thanks!
    Do you have the mask yet? If so, there's a task where you go into kurns tower and beat down some supply crates. Cant' get much easier than that.

    My faction was from the mask, progression tasks, random killing of non-animals, and a few tasks like the one I just mentioned. Since I was killing lots of animals at the time for exp, I also did a task where you collect some meat and kill 6 hunters.

    http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Gu...D/FoS_T_2.html
    http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Gu...D/FoS_T_3.html

  6. #6
    Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Etrudia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Oh, and for the food supply task, if I remember correctly, the carcasses are prelootable, so you can keep collecting extra carcasses for the next time you do the task. Saves time!
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

    -Ascendant Etrudia Kristasha
    <Mystical Lightfighters> of Erollisi Marr

    Stuff

  7. #7
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etrudia View Post
    Oh, and for the food supply task, if I remember correctly, the carcasses are prelootable, so you can keep collecting extra carcasses for the next time you do the task. Saves time!
    Yep, that's what I did.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Transcendent
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Haven't done much of anything in SoD, let alone the mask. I know I need to do it however. Food supplies and meats sound good.

    Any group tasks that are semi-easy, that you could suggest? Would like to possible get faction for more than one toon at a time, but if that really isn't an option, then the solo tasks mentioned should be good all around. hehe

  9. #9
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    I don't remember anything in particular for group tasks, but that wasn't much of an option for me. I would work on the progression and mask stuff because you need those anyway. Maybe you'll find one of those group tasks easy and repeatable.

    Why do you want FoS faction in particular if you haven't done much of anything in SoD?

  10. #10
    Ascendant Transcendent
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorkeyah View Post
    Why do you want FoS faction in particular if you haven't done much of anything in SoD?
    Because I need to finally do stuff in SoD? I need to get some progression done for all the reasons the progression is there. I want to get my mage warmly/ally for his gargoyle and slot 3's. Lots of reasons to want faction here. I'm sure I'll make other cop-out posts like this in reference to Earth and Discord themes as well, when the time comes. hehe

  11. #11
    Ascendant Stone Fist
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yyevil View Post
    Because I need to finally do stuff in SoD? I need to get some progression done for all the reasons the progression is there. I want to get my mage warmly/ally for his gargoyle and slot 3's. Lots of reasons to want faction here. I'm sure I'll make other cop-out posts like this in reference to Earth and Discord themes as well, when the time comes. hehe
    I see. It seemed like you were targetting FoS without having done anything else, so I wasn't sure why you weren't asking about ogh, or kithicor.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Transcendent
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorkeyah View Post
    I see. It seemed like you were targetting FoS without having done anything else, so I wasn't sure why you weren't asking about ogh, or kithicor.
    I'm ally to OGH, and have all but the last two missions done for progression and need 5 more for the aug. For Kith there is a post on here by Galaorn I believe who posted the tasks to repeat to max faction in Kith for Whorl, right after release last year. Should be easy enough to find, when I need it.

    There's madness to my method.

  13. #13
    Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    39

    Default

    For Kithicor just do tasks for aug and in between do Rain of Ruin, good faction hit and chronobines.

  14. #14
    Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Etrudia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yyevil View Post
    Haven't done much of anything in SoD, let alone the mask. I know I need to do it however. Food supplies and meats sound good.

    Any group tasks that are semi-easy, that you could suggest? Would like to possible get faction for more than one toon at a time, but if that really isn't an option, then the solo tasks mentioned should be good all around. hehe
    By far, the easiest group task I remember is "Defeat the Dragonbane Phalanx"... It is the #4 task in Jalad'Dar task arc for Void progression, so you would have to do the initial solo tasks and the first 3 in the arc before you could request this one, but it's a super easy group task; head into Kurn's Tower, kill 15 trash on the 3rd floor, done. And the randomly popping named will pop right around the corner, so there's a chance at loot/T3 essences as well.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

    -Ascendant Etrudia Kristasha
    <Mystical Lightfighters> of Erollisi Marr

    Stuff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •