Thread: Macro and Bandolier Suggestions

Apostle Master

Default Macro and Bandolier Suggestions

Bandoliers

HTH: Main weapon setup, a stat ranged (do not throw), and whatever ammo slot you want (In my ammo slot I use Scale of Rodcet Nife, although soon I am hoping to camp the Divine Barrier clickie from bloodmoon instances which is the only ammo slot usable DB click in the game).

Shield: Same setup as HTH, but secondary slot has a shield. I will sometimes use this for pulling.

Epic: Same setup as HTH, but secondary has my epic 2.0. This one will be explained later.

Ranged: Same primary and secondary as HTH, but in ranged and ammo have your throwing weapons.

TwoH: A two handed weapon for dps (speedfocus+destructive force burns, if AAs and 2hb ratio are good enough), riposte disc, tanking, etc. Ranged and Ammo the same as HTH.

Macros

Ranged

/ba activate Ranged
    /pause 10, /autofire on
    /autofire off
    /ba activate HTH

By far probably the most important macro for a monk. The pause time on this macro can be adjusted to allow for more or less thrown items. I prefer 1 second because it allows me exactly two attempts, which is usually enough to break my mez (90-95% of the time).

Shield

/ba activate Shield
    /pause 10, /autofire on
    /autofire off
    /ba activate Shield

Same as above, except using a shield instead of weapons.

Whorl:

/pause 1, /disc Whorl of Fists Rk. III
    /pause 1, /alt activate 469
    /pause 1, /doability 1
    /doability 4

The order goes Whorl, stunning kick, flying kick, disarm. I mostly use this one when grouping or if my endurance goes super low on a raid and cannot use Cala anymore.

Calanins

/pause 1, /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III
    /pause 1, /doability 1
    /doability 4

Same as above, this is my raid macro. Something to note with both of these macros is that /alt activate 469 is stunning kick, but /alt activate 470 and 468 are eye gouge and crippling strike, respectively. Because stunning kick is modified by Calanin's it will do the most dps of any of our AA special attacks. For group content, however, if you do not have a snarer or prefer one of the other abilities, feel free to switch out stunning kick. Even eye gouge on particularly tough raid hits would not be a bad idea to help out our tanks (despite a minor loss in dps).

Dragon

/pause 1, /disc Dragon Fang
    /pause 1, /doability 4
    /doability 1

Same hotkey as the others above, but used for duels.

Innerflame

/pause1, /ba activate Epic
    /pause 3, /disc Innerflame
    /ba activate HTH

I only use this macro on raid hits lasting longer than 15 minutes, or when endurance conservation is a concern. This allows me to disc Crystalpalm again later in the fight. This macro is absolutely essential for hits such as Pallorax. Note that the pause 3 before innerflame is necessary or you will not activate Calanin's on time.

Noaggro

/doability 2
    /stand

FD's you and then stands you in about the space of less than a fraction of a second. Very useful for dropping aggro with a minimum of dps lost. Can adjust time by adding /pause X, on the first line if you are finding that it is not helping you drop aggro (sometimes standing too fast will do this). I don't usually use this one much anymore as I prefer to do this manually.

Stand

/stand
    /stand
    /stand
    /stand
    /stand

Useful when doing mobs that proc a FD, particularly if you're tanking (note certain PoTime raid mobs - Zek brothers - if you plan on farming any of them). Spamming this means you will not lose aggro if you are FD'd.

There are tons more macros you could add to this list, such as a Speedfocus, zan fi, second spire macro or a scaledfist/Cala/stunning kick macro, or you could add throw stone to various abilities such as your pull disc, and so on. If anyone uses any macros that I didnt mention, feel free to add to my list. These are just the ones that I use most frequently, or are ones that I have used at some point in the past.

To create your own or otherwise experiment with these, you can type /alternate list in game to get a list of all AA abilities. Discs are just /disc [disc name]. Abilities correspond with your particular ability setup on your ability tab in the action window.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

Innerflame

/ba activate HTH

What would the syntax be to substitute Crystalpalm instead of Innerflame?

I tried /pause 3, /disc Crystalpalm and /pause 3, /disc Crystalpalm Discipline without luck

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Etrudia's Avatar

/disc Crystalpalm Rk. III

(remember to add the rank of crystalpalm you have)
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

-Ascendant Etrudia Kristasha
    <Mystical Lightfighters> of Erollisi Marr

Stuff

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bege View Post
    Innerflame

/ba activate HTH

What would the syntax be to substitute Crystalpalm instead of Innerflame?

I tried /pause 3, /disc Crystalpalm and /pause 3, /disc Crystalpalm Discipline without luck
    Bandoleering in 2.0 will do nothing for you if you switch to using CP as the effect only works on innerflame.
    Last edited by Taunto; 10-13-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Stuff that covers my naughty bits....sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jsraja View Post
    It is primarily a mystery series, although the show also features broad comic touches. It is unusual for shows of this genre because its principal character, Monk, accompanied by his astute brilliance at solving crimes, is beset by a range of psychiatric disorders.

Apostle Master

Correct, if you make the hotkey for Crystalpalm, make sure you omit the first line for the 2.0.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    Bandoliers

Noaggro

/doability 2
    /stand

FD's you and then stands you in about the space of less than a fraction of a second. Very useful for dropping aggro with a minimum of dps lost. Can adjust time by adding /pause X, on the first line if you are finding that it is not helping you drop aggro (sometimes standing too fast will do this). I don't usually use this one much anymore as I prefer to do this manually.
    I was under the impression that if you FD without turning off attack first it could/would fail, so mine is like this;

Evade

/pause 2, /attack off
    /pause 1, /doability 1
    /pause 1, /stand
    /attack on
    "Light a man a fire, you warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, you warm him for life."

my Magelo can beat up your Magelo - http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1430567

Ascendant Stone Fist

That was fixed years ago.

Default More macro suggestions

I'm still working on the pauses to make sure they are right, but here are some more to add to Swami's list. Ability 3 being flying kick ability 1 being disarm.

Whirlwind:

/pause 1, /ba activate 2hblunt
    /pause 3, /disc Whirlwind
    /pause 1, /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. II
    /pause 121, /doabilty 3
    /ba activate HtoH

Speed focus:

/pause 3, /disc Speed Focus
    /pause 301, /doability 3
    /ba activate HtoH

Heel of Kanji:

/pause 3, /disc Heel of Kanji
    /pause 1, /doability 3
    /doability 1

Thunderkick:

/pause 3, /disc Thunderkick
    /pause 1, /doability 3
    /doability 1

Scaledfist:

/pause 3, /disc Scaledfist Discipline Rk. II
    /pause 1, /doability 3
    /doability 1

Crystalpalm:

/pause 3, /disc Crystalpalm Discipline
    /pause 1, /doability 3
    /doability 1

Like i said I'm still working on the pauses to make everything fire off as quik as possible, feel free to edit this post if you have it already.
    Last edited by Belgar; 11-16-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgar View Post
    Speed focus:

/pause 3, /disc Speed Focus
    /pause 301, /doability 3
    /ba activate HtoH
    No reason to go to 2 hand blunt for speed focus. The only reason people used to SOMETIMES go to 2hb with speed focus was if they also used destructive force.

In this example you also due to the 30 second pause would be unable to hit flying kick for the duration of speed focus.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Apostle Master

Yeah, and even with speedfocus and DF running, 2hb ratios are so abysmal now that even with both running, 2hb dps is inferior to hth dps. UF may change that depending on how the 2h weapon ratios turn out, but that remains to be seen.

As for macros with super long pauses in them, I tend to avoid those because they lock you out from using any other macros until the pause has completely run its course, and as you might be able to tell I use macros quite liberally.

However, thanks for your suggestions, Belgar!

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Etrudia View Post
    /disc Crystalpalm Rk. III

(remember to add the rank of crystalpalm you have)

This was driving me absolutely nuts!

I sat at a command line trying everything ... all kinds of variants. It finally worked when I did this

/disc Crystalpalm Discipline Rk. iii

lowercase i's - which is bizarre since this works for me

/disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III

Apostle Master

The macro system is ridiculously touchy when it comes to the spelling of discs. Ive been frusterated in just the same manner more than once.

From a macro can I activate an item? Like T4 BP clickie?

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Nope... it would be pretty handy if that sort of thing, or even extending the Bandolier to swap out other bits of gear was added to the game, but the only thing we're likely to get next expansion is the ability to put bagged clickes onto hotbuttons.

Thread Information