Thread: AA suggestions

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default AA suggestions

I'm level 75, mostly Bazaar equipped monk (around 15.5k hp unbuffed). I solo 95% of the time due to my limited play time. I currently have 712AA. I've been concentrating mostly on damage AA's. I'm at a point where most of the damage AA's are up to level. I'd like suggestions on what AA's to concentrate on as I get to the 1k AA mark. Once I get there, I'm gonna go ahead and start leveling up and then keep my AA's to level.

General
    Combat Agility 8/28
    Combat Stability 8/28
    First Aid 3/3
    Innate Run Speed 5/5
    Natural Durability 6/6
    Origin 1/1
    Planar Power 7/20
    Quick Draw 2/2

Archtype
    Burst of Power 5/8
    Combat Fury 6/6
    Double Riposte 6/6
    Empowered Ingenuity 3/3
    Ferocity 6/6
    Finishing Blow 3/18
    Ingenuity 6/9
    Killing Spree 3/9
    Slippery Attacks 5/5
    Veterans Wrath 6/12
    Weapon Affinity 6/6

Class
    Ambidexterity 1/1
    Critical Mend 6/6
    Destructive Force 3/3
    Hastened Mend 1/6
    Kick Mastery 9/15
    Physical Enhancement 1/1
    Planar Durability 3/3
    Punch Mastery 9/15
    Purify Body 1/1
    Rapid Strikes 10/18
    Return Kick 3/3
    Sinister Strikes 1/1
    Strike Thru 6/12
    Stunning Kick 3/12
    Technique of Master Wu 8/8
    Weightless Steps 3/3
    Unflinshing Resolve 3/3

Respectfully,
    Chanzanx

Apostle Master

Since you mainly solo and are in baz gear, I'd say combat agility, combat stability, strikethrough, hastened mend and crippling strike should be priority. Reasons being you're the tank, strikethrough will give more dps since you're always in the front, and crippling strike will keep stuff from running. Hastened mend is self explanatory.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Depending on content you are killing (and if you duo). I'd offer a few others... Rapid Feign 1,2,3 , Imitate Death (definately) hastened death & stonewall.... Only work on these currently if you ever split mobs that are tough for you. (you'd be surprised what you can pull off for splits in certain situations w/ theses).

Otherwise I agree w/ Chong.. get CA to max, CS to.. 13 or 18, hastened mend & crip strike also agree much... depending on killing cleric mobs having some stunning kick would help you also.

Also depending on the mob's lvl you are killing.... Killing Spree could help you if you can get it high enough for the mobs you are killing, the 30 second proc buff is nice, plus it eliminates runners if your snare doesn't hold. (under 10%)

if you are near your stat caps, Planar power is nice as it helps all around (increases ac/hp/end/attack in small doses per point spent)

If you have clicky's the extended clicky aa's are nice (believe 16 total aa's to max)
    Beelzaman

Magelo : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=185906

The Group Geared monk.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Innate matabolism 3..... The 3 most important AA you will ever spend.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

I use a merc healer from time to time. At present, I'm spending my play time in Paw.

Thank you very much for the replies. I'll get busy on them.

Ughbash - where you serious about innate metabolism?

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzaman View Post
    Also depending on the mob's lvl you are killing.... Killing Spree could help you if you can get it high enough for the mobs you are killing, the 30 second proc buff is nice, plus it eliminates runners if your snare doesn't hold. (under 10%)
    I think you're confusing Finishing Blow with Killing Spree. I deliberately chose not to get Finishing Blow because I can use the beat down to about 5%/snare/FD method to power-level AAs very effectively. (Of course this slightly reduces my efficiency on my Lesson burns in RSS, but I usually pull several of the same faction of mob at once so until the last of that type it doesn't start running away).

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by chanzanthemonkey View Post
    Ughbash - where you serious about innate metabolism?
    Yes,

For pure convenience especially if you use stat food, it is the best 3 aa I spent.

Of course at the time I boughtit I used a bristlebanes party platter and force fed myself fishrolls. Kept the same patrty platter for over a year.

Now however I got lazy and just buy food in the bazaar.

Still for 3 AA you can't go wrong.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
    I think you're confusing Finishing Blow with Killing Spree. I deliberately chose not to get Finishing Blow because I can use the beat down to about 5%/snare/FD method to power-level AAs very effectively. (Of course this slightly reduces my efficiency on my Lesson burns in RSS, but I usually pull several of the same faction of mob at once so until the last of that type it doesn't start running away).

Its nice to use killing blow in RS on lesson burn. If using the FD method to plevel lowbies you can just choose mobs that don't run like in velks. Once they are level 69 and can zone in to RS its faster to just leave them grouped and slaughter then to try to get fancy.

The above statements are my own opinon, your mileage may vary.

Enlightened Grandmaster

yeah, it was a monday morning what can you expect lol. If you are killing fast killing spree would be nice for the buff, and finishing blow is nice to one-hit your mobs under 10% if snare don't hold.
    Beelzaman

Magelo : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=185906

The Group Geared monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughbash View Post
    Its nice to use killing blow in RS on lesson burn. If using the FD method to plevel lowbies you can just choose mobs that don't run like in velks. Once they are level 69 and can zone in to RS its faster to just leave them grouped and slaughter then to try to get fancy.

Note that I said "AAs" -- AAXP is gained relative to the level of the highest person in the group, so it's much more effective to do that with snared fleeing mobs -- in RSS they'd get about 2% of an AA per kill vs 40% (if they don't run, me FD'ing = they rip up the PL'ee )

Ascendant Ashenhand

Note that I said "AAs" -- AAXP is gained relative to the level of the highest person in the group, so it's much more effective to do that with snared fleeing mobs -- in RSS they'd get about 2% of an AA per kill vs 40% (if they don't run, me FD'ing = they rip up the PL'ee )
    I think you are underestimating how much of a difference it is. I don't think it is close to 20 times. Also if you pull 2 or 4 at a time (like I tend to do in RS) simpler to just slaughter.

So lets say on a 30 min burn I kill 60 mobs It takes some time running from mob to mob after all. Lesson burn gives about 14 AA to the lowbies I am Plevleing (in the 200 AA range). From that 14/60 = 23.3333 Percent a kill. Call it 12 percent of an AA without lesson.

If they get 40 without me being in the group but I kill 3 times as fast by not having to FD while they finish it and pulling singles it comes out the same.

Now I SHOULD look at logs to see how many I killed yesterday as 60 is a guesstimate and could be off signifigantly. Will check when I get home. Just wish mobs were more populous, usually pulling 2 results in 2 dead mobs in about 30 seconds (whorl usually pops just after the second one dies sometimes just before).

Either way probably not as good as porcupine techniques but hey you got to work with what you have.

EDIT: Got home checked logs, Killed 86 mobs over roughly 30 min.
    Last edited by Ughbash; 05-20-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Cheked Logs

Ascendant Transcendent

I agree. My kill rate went way up once I got FB and KS. FB for the quick finishes and KS for the extra DPS and END.

The REAL charm of FB in RSS is when you get two mobs of different factions and one starts protecting the other. The one being protected starts to run and BOOM FB hits both mobs and depending on how much damage the protecting mobs has you can kill two mobs with one FB. I laughed my butt off the first time I saw that.

EDIT: Got home checked logs, Killed 86 mobs over roughly 30 min.
    Well, I can't even get close to that kill rate -- my best is 56 in 30 mins, which included killing about 8 at once with Whirlwind -- that's approx 5 1/4 AA. A more typical number is 50, equating to 4.5 AA -- 9% a kill with lesson.

Checking the logs for my lvl 70 Ranger from last weekend, it took 17 kills for 11 AA with lesson, which translates to about 35% a kill with lesson (I KS'd the ranger on 5-6 mobs due to trying to get the HP down too low).

I just tried a few kills without lesson, and I got 12% a kill on the 70, and 3% a kill on me (85). So "only" 3x as much XP grouped as grouping, while taking roughly 1/3 off my own AAXP. Extrapolating from that, if I did the 50 kills of a Lesson with Ranger in tow, I'd expect to get about 3AA for my lesson, and 12 AA for the Ranger. So, from the point of view of PLing the Ranger's AAs, it's about as effective as above if I'm equally careless with KSing, but rather worse otherwise.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Well, I can't even get close to that kill rate -- my best is 56 in 30 mins, which included killing about 8 at once with Whirlwind -- that's approx 5 1/4 AA. A more typical number is 50, equating to 4.5 AA -- 9% a kill with lesson.

Checking the logs for my lvl 70 Ranger from last weekend, it took 17 kills for 11 AA with lesson, which translates to about 35% a kill with lesson (I KS'd the ranger on 5-6 mobs due to trying to get the HP down too low).

I just tried a few kills without lesson, and I got 12% a kill on the 70, and 3% a kill on me (85). So "only" 3x as much XP grouped as grouping, while taking roughly 1/3 off my own AAXP. Extrapolating from that, if I did the 50 kills of a Lesson with Ranger in tow, I'd expect to get about 3AA for my lesson, and 12 AA for the Ranger. So, from the point of view of PLing the Ranger's AAs, it's about as effective as above if I'm equally careless with KSing, but rather worse otherwise.
    Nod, and as you pointed out with me it would not only be harder to be that careful, but woudl be slightly better xp due to faster kill rate.

My main thing though is I am lazy its easier for me to drag someone around and slaughter then it is to try to fd and give them credit.

I think I may do it by burning my lesson 'solo' then drag the ranger around for her lesson... I hate having autofollow disrupted by being summoned though.

Anyhow, apologies for the derail...

Default Updated AA question

Recycling an older post of mine:

I'm 85 now. I still solo 95% of the time due to my limited play time. I now have 1938AA. I've read thru the AA posts I could find. I'm at a point where I am now confused about which AA's I should be getting. The large majority of the AA I have are at my level. I'd like to get all the skills I want/need to my level before I start moving on.

Any suggestions on what AA I should get before I start leveling again would be appreciated.

(Ignore the numbers in my Signature, the information from my magelo is now up-to-date)

Thanks for your time.
    Chanzan Monkey Extra-Ordinaire. (and all round Gimp)
    Level:104, AA:MAX'd for Level HP:97k'ish, END:79k'ish, AC:8900'ish, ATK:4100'ish
    Play Style: Molo, occasionally Group

Thread Information