Thread: Mimosa eggs

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much Velkyn Azurel's Avatar

Default Mimosa eggs

Hi all ^^

Spring is showing up and this is a 10 minute recipe for you.
    It's really easy, and it worths it ^^

You need:
    - Eggs (3 half eggs per person... more if you like it + 2 complete eggs for the mayonnaise)
    - Parsley (or Coriander if you are a fan of it) that you have to mix.
    - One large spoon of oil (olive oil has my preference, but any can make it)
    - Salt and pepper (pepper does fine but you can use any time of spice of your liking)
    - Mustard (one large spoon)
    - Vinegar
    - 3 bowls, a couple of forks, and ideally a whisk

First of all, you need to boil water to put all your eggs but two. Put some vinegar in the water. All while waiting, ou can make the mayonnaise. Yeah you can also buy it... but in this case you'd be bored waiting for 5 minutes :p

Mayonnaise is easy to obtain.
    You break 2 of your eggs and you pour the white and the yellow parts separetely in one of two bowls.
    It's the yellow part we will use for the mayonnaise. You add the mustard to them.
    You can keep the white part of these eggs to embellish your bakeries.... or drop it ^^

And here you need a fork or a whisk to blend vividly the yellow mixture all while pouring slightly the oil. And when you think it will not work, the mayonnaise appears ^^

Mimosa eggs

Plunge your eggs for 5 minutes in the boiling water and once they are hard, cool them in cold water so that you can work on them.

Remove the shells, and split them in half by the height. Beware not to break the white part.
    Dispose the white part on a plate.
    Put the yellow parts in a bowl and smash them wish a fork. Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, parsley and mix.
    Once you get something homogeneous, put them in the hole of the white part.

And here you go ^^

You can serve this with a salad (with olive oil), bread, tomatoes and so on.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    -Albert Einstein-

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

We have these all the time at my family gatherings. We call the Deviled Eggs. I tend to get my egg dosage for the month off these guys.

Next time try adding Dill relish or finely chopped dill pickels to the inside mix.

My mother also tops with papreika, just to add a bit of color to them (I had to call and ask wth it was =)

Good stuff.
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

heh I have never seen the recipe for deviled eggs but as i as reading that I was wondering it that is what it was esp the "Mayonnaise is easy to obtain." part.

I personally hate deviled eggs, but they are a common hit at social functions where it doesn't matter if your breath is kickin.

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much Velkyn Azurel's Avatar

I often (always) add paprika and other spices to the mixture ^^;
    And Dill is fine.

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson Dythan ^^
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    -Albert Einstein-

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

Add Tuna, skip the vinegar.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much Massif's Avatar

/drool

Deviled eggs = proof of God.

Ironic! Always been one of my very favorite snax.

Tiny bacon bits on top go well.

Also, Tabasco sauce kicks it up a notch for those who like to really get the Everlasting Fire going.

Oh, one more thing: do NOT, repeat NOT keep homemade mayo around for any length of time. Eat that stuff same day.
    Whee!

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Massif View Post
    Oh, one more thing: do NOT, repeat NOT keep homemade mayo around for any length of time. Eat that stuff same day.
    I do believe I sense a funny personal story...

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much Massif's Avatar

Sorry to disappoint, there isn't a story. Or if there is, I don't know it.
    Whee!

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

I got food poisoning from bad mayo from subway... nothing funny about it unless you think throwing up and pooping and sleeping in the bathroom for a day is funny.

well in retrospec I guess it would be funny if it hadn't been soo freaking gross...

But I did solve the great conundrum of what to do when you have to throw up while shitting. When faced with the problem in the past I was always just able to hold or made the choice of throwing up in the tub. I'd rather fish out partially digested food than a steaming poop any day of the week.
    But found the trash can before I had to do anything rash.

The moral of the story is, always keep the bathroom trashcan near the toilet.

Thread Information