Thread: Fresh Guacamole!

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default Fresh Guacamole!

This makes an excellent fresh Guacamole! To hell with the crap you buy premade. Takes about 10 mins to make.

1 Avocado
    1 plum tomato diced
    1/2 med red onion diced small
    1/2 jalapeno minced
    2 cloves of garlic minced
    small bunch of cilantro
    1 lime
    salt and pepper to taste

Take the avocado and run a knife around it lengthwise slicing it in half around the pit. Remove the pit, dice the avocado in the skin by making cross-hatches while its still in the skin, scoop out with a spoon. Mix all ingredients mashing avocado with fork to desired texture. I prefer small-med chunks. Things to note, do not put this in a metal bowl or cover it with aluminum foil. Use glass and saran wrap. When you cover it press the saran wrap right down onto the dip in order to keep as much air away from it as possible. Use it on whatever you want its good with everything!

Enlightened Grandmaster

Id love to get the real Chipotle! recipe for guac. By far the best I've ever had.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Proetus's Guac will be better than restaurant (IMO at least).

That recipe is pretty close to what we use, only two differences. Instead of the tomato, we strain some thick salsa and put the chunks in. Not much, just about what you would add volume wise with the plum tomato. Also, we substitute shallots for onions. It gives it a different flavor that's pretty awesome.

Ascendant Transcendent

I'm interested in which type of avocado is used....I've noticed a bit of difference in my guacamole using the Hass variety versus the...the other variety available at the supermarket -- the name escapes me.

Thread Information