Thread: Coming back

Ascendant Ashenhand

Default Coming back

Are there any free promotions/weekends/ or anything like that going on now or soon I should be looking out for?

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

hmmm there was an invite a buddy key I think. so if you have multiple accounts, you could use one on the other account and get some free time.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ascendant Ashenhand

Nah I don't, just one account.

Anyone have a buddy key? Pretty please? :P

Ascendant Ashenhand

Anyone play casually that has an active account would mind to lend it to a monkly brother for a day or two to see if its worth activating?

=D

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Do they not have something on the CoH site for trying the game out?

I don't think you will be able to do it with your old acct, but with a new one you might be able to get an idea if you want to actually play it.

edit
    I gotta question about CoH

How is the pvp? I quit long before they had implemented any pvp, then I was going to comeback and try once CoV came out, but bunch of people said it sucked, and something about you are unable to use travel powers wherever you would be able to pvp, or while pvping.. I don't remember exactly.

I always thought coh could be unique in their pvp in the MMO world with the travel powers. I imagined in the pvp areas the skys being full of flight vs flight fights melee vs melee, ranged vs ranged, and everything in between. Stuff like if you get dealt a knockback or something similar you would lose flight for a short amount of time, but if you were high enough you'd be able to recover. If not.. you take whatever fall dmg. I think it would be awesome to flight like that in a city with skyscrapers. You get hit and start plummeting down, barely miss a building and get almost to the street before you take off again back at whoever knocked the crap out of you. OR if you are unlucky or the other person aims well enough you land on the building and die. That's just off the top of my head. I am sure if they wanted to there would be tons of things they could do like that.
    a grp of flying blasters trying to jump people who only has superspeed, leap, not flight
    a well coordinated grp of whatever classes all with superspeed zooming in and tearing people up and if they got in trouble would zoom off just as fast. Crowd control would be crazy, but fun.
    stuff like that is the idea behind coh that keeps me looking in on the game, but everytime I have checked it out on the free weekends it has felt more bland than the time before.
    Last edited by ryum; 08-01-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Ascendant Ashenhand

How is the pvp? I quit long before they had implemented any pvp, then I was going to comeback and try once CoV came out, but bunch of people said it sucked, and something about you are unable to use travel powers wherever you would be able to pvp, or while pvping.. I don't remember exactly.
    PVP is not my game. im leveling a guy to 50 first, I have not tried it yet

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by WiouXev View Post
    PVP is not my game. im leveling a guy to 50 first, I have not tried it yet
    You might want to hold off on PVP in COH/V for now. There is serious talk of some big changes to PVP due to a "bug" that's been part of the system for 3 years. The language coming from the developers reminds me of the same language as the big monk nerf from several years ago.

Shando
    Last edited by Shando; 10-16-2008 at 07:07 PM.

what was the big mon nerf?

and yeah their discovery of "bugs" is bullcrap

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by ryum View Post
    what was the big mon nerf?

and yeah their discovery of "bugs" is bullcrap
    Big monk nerf. Sorry, didn't catch that I dropped the k on that one.

Shando

heh I don't know if the monk nerf hurt my monk as much as the 4-6 major nerfs all the classes I played in CoH took.

2 blaster, one tank, one melee, and a controller... probably more I was quite the altaholic in coh. I am only glad I got out when I did.

<-- wasn't hit by the monk nerf because he didn't try to solo or tank mobs in upper levels.
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

that was the thing bout the monk nerf... it hit everyone who wasn't a hit end monk the hardest.

The closer you were to being in the bracket of what they wanted to nerf, the less the effect was.

Thread Information